Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:30:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CORONAVIRUS 2020: RHYTHM OF THE DEATH III

Started by imitationleather, April 12, 2020, 11:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gib

Quote from: Harry Badger on September 08, 2020, 10:27:11 PM
Bloody hell.

edit - The rule does not apply to schools and workplaces, or weddings, funerals and organised team sports.

Surely there must be some sports involving more than 6 people that aren't team sports.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: gib on September 08, 2020, 11:01:22 PM
Surely there must be some sports involving more than 6 people that aren't team sports.
Cycling and running?

jobotic

Loads of people banging on about Park Run coming back today. Don't think that will be happening but it seemed idiotic anyway.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: gib on September 08, 2020, 11:01:22 PM

Find the egg

olliebean

Quote from: jobotic on September 08, 2020, 08:37:54 PM
You get the 60 day figures here

http://covidtracker.uksouth.cloudapp.azure.com/

Conveniently, though, not for today.

Looking at the graph, though, you can see that the 60 day figures have consistently averaged itro 1.5-2x the 28 day figures.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on September 08, 2020, 10:33:29 PM
The rule only applies to activities that do not generate revenue.

revolt now! come on, these fuckers are taking the piss.

steveh

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 08, 2020, 07:28:51 PM
So roughly what percentages of those who have died were under 55 and had nothing wrong with them like diabetes or whatever. Cheers x

https://wellcomeopenresearch.org/articles/5-75 - scroll down to table 2 for years of life lost by age and multimorbidity count.

Norton Canes

At last, a proper draconian rule instantly enforceable by law. Was beginning to think the Tories had gone soft.

Fortunately we can keep our board games club going, because I've just registered it as a business.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Didn't know where else to ask this but that £1000 for hiring a new young person scheme is that any old shops or does it have to be a particular trade hiding apprentices? And is it even going on now or still to come? Just asking as I'm not sure if my old boss is abusing it or if I'm full of shit

Cloud

I heard it's just to stop S Club 7 reforming.

Not much use for anything else...

JohnnyCouncil

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on September 09, 2020, 04:45:50 PM
Didn't know where else to ask this but that £1000 for hiring a new young person scheme is that any old shops or does it have to be a particular trade hiding apprentices? And is it even going on now or still to come? Just asking as I'm not sure if my old boss is abusing it or if I'm full of shit

If your talking Kickstarter then enployers don't pay the wage plus 1.5K if... the person is 16-24 on UC.

If it's the apprenticeship incentives there is...

1K for employing a 16-18 year old

and if they are employed between 01/08/20 and 31/01/21 then you get...

2K 16-24
1.5K for 25+

They'll need to be on an apprenticeship standard.

steveh

This stuck out in a piece on why younger people shouldn't dismiss the risk of Covid-19:

QuoteYou might be used to thinking of 30-somethings as safe and seniors as at risk in this pandemic. But if a man in his 30s and a man in his 60s both contract COVID-19, it is more likely that the 30-something will develop a months-long illness than that the 60-something will die, according to this research.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/09/what-young-healthy-people-have-fear-covid-19/616087/

king_tubby

CORONA MARSHALS - on 30k a year, more than a nurse.

I mean, you knew they'd look like this didn't you?

Fambo Number Mive

Alberon

Will the new restrictions make a diffence? Is anyone paying any attention to them at this point?

bomb_dog

Dozen kids larking about in the park. One holding a football.
"S'half time, mate"

Zetetic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: king_tubby on September 11, 2020, 05:33:50 PM

I mean, you knew they'd look like this didn't you?

My hs art thread about LOCKMASTER JOHN has just become real.

Cloud

Quote from: Zetetic on September 11, 2020, 06:10:58 PM
Known new cases.

Of people who were actually able to get a test.

We're double plus fucked - I could've told them R was over 1 about a week ago?!  Yet again we delay in taking action, and it's only a vague rule no one will care about.  Inevitable 7k+ cases and "national" (local involving 90% of the country) lockdown by end of month.

JamesTC

Quote from: king_tubby on September 11, 2020, 05:33:50 PM

When nurses start feeling their tits up like this guy is then they'll deserve £30k a year.

NoSleep

They look like bouncers, but what are they going to throw you out of?

DrGreggles

They work for the council. They can't do anything.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: JohnnyCouncil on September 10, 2020, 01:49:22 PM
If your talking Kickstarter then enployers don't pay the wage plus 1.5K if... the person is 16-24 on UC.

If it's the apprenticeship incentives there is...

1K for employing a 16-18 year old

and if they are employed between 01/08/20 and 31/01/21 then you get...

2K 16-24
1.5K for 25+

They'll need to be on an apprenticeship standard.

Thanks for the reply, if this is the case I'm probably wrong.

My old job was just in a shop no special training etc , but the boss has hired and swiftly sacked 6 different people in two months after lockdown.
He's told all of them they've stolen yet refused to show them CCTV evidence so I just assumed he's up to something but maybe he's just going off the rails.

ollyboro

Israel in complete lockdown. Corbyn's almost certainly to blame.

BlodwynPig

How have China blown everyone else out of the water, dropping in to the 40s in terms of number of cases. cases/million = 200th, deaths/million = 176th.

The Chinese Virus indeed.

jobotic

Alberon

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 14, 2020, 08:06:56 AM
How have China blown everyone else out of the water, dropping in to the 40s in terms of number of cases. cases/million = 200th, deaths/million = 176th.

The Chinese Virus indeed.

I don't trust the Chinese figures, but there are advantages to living in a ruthless authoritarian regime. They were slow and secretive off the mark, but then they stomped on it.

Zetetic

Quote from: jobotic on September 14, 2020, 03:06:15 PM
World beating stuff from Serco.
Deloitte, more than Serco, I believe. (Possibly both if Serco running the centres.)

kalowski

Quote from: jobotic on September 14, 2020, 03:06:15 PM
https://twitter.com/BenKentish/status/1305498910249676801

World beating stuff from Serco. Do they have a mass grave contract too?
I have literally been on the test website since 8.30 this morning trying to get a test for my daughter. Nothing. Nothing at all.