Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,459
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:37:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CORONAVIRUS 2020: RHYTHM OF THE DEATH III

Started by imitationleather, April 12, 2020, 11:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Intensive care beds in Marseille and Bordeaux close to capacity.

QuoteAt a briefing on Monday, Philippe de Mester, director general of the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur health agency, said the rate of positive tests had reached 10.6% in Marseille and 8.5% in the Bouches-du-Rhône overall.
Intensive care capacity was close to overload. Marseille hospitals director Jean-Olivier Arnaud said 31 of 35 resuscitation beds and 129 of 155 dedicated Covid patient beds were in use, adding: "We are not far from saturation."

How long before the same happens here? The "rule of six" is not enough to make a difference. Fix the track and trace system and mandate masks in all indoor and crowded outdoor spaces.

Alberon

The fact Track and Trace is still a shambles is, frankly, criminal.

I work at a university but apart from that I'm steering clear of most social venues for the time being. Even at work I don't have to deal with students directly, so I'll be avoiding them as well as the on-campus shops for the next couple of months at least.

Menu

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 14, 2020, 08:06:56 AM
How have China blown everyone else out of the water, dropping in to the 40s in terms of number of cases. cases/million = 200th, deaths/million = 176th.

The Chinese Virus indeed.

Might help more if they called time on their immoral medieval 'wet' markets. If not, Covids 20 to 49 will be along soon enough.

kalowski

Quote from: kalowski on September 14, 2020, 05:45:39 PM
I have literally been on the test website since 8.30 this morning trying to get a test for my daughter. Nothing. Nothing at all.
In case anyone was worrying, I finally got a test after trying for 12 hours and 16 minutes.
It's alleged that everything is refreshed at 8pm.

Helvetica Scenario

I've been trying since yesterday as well, still nothing. The process gets to a different point every time so it's impossible to tell on each retry whether the site's malfunctioning or if there are actually no test sites available. Fucking shambles.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Menu on September 15, 2020, 04:51:15 AM
Might help more if they called time on their immoral medieval 'wet' markets. If not, Covids 20 to 49 will be along soon enough.

Ah, fuck off Morrissey.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Helvetica Scenario on September 15, 2020, 07:20:45 AM
I've been trying since yesterday as well, still nothing. The process gets to a different point every time so it's impossible to tell on each retry whether the site's malfunctioning or if there are actually no test sites available. Fucking shambles.

have you got symptoms? hope all is ok.

Helvetica Scenario

I'm trying to book one for my son. In all likelihood, it's probably just a cold as he started of with a runny nose. We kept him off yesterday anyway but he developed a cough during the afternoon and his temperature went up to 38c. He also couldn't smell anything we tried him with. Again, all likely with a cold but that's what the test is supposed to confirm!

Feel a bit silly telling work that the family's isolating when it's probably not the 'Vid but here we are.

Menu

Cuellar

Eating meat should be banned, globally. Punishable by death, you are then fed to liberated pigs.

olliebean

A decent roundup here of how confusing the constantly changing rules are and the effect it's having on people: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/sep/13/manchester-lockdown-second-wave

(It's behind the Guardian's annoying sign-in gate - just click "I'll do it later" if you don't want to register.)

Pretty sure this is deliberate. The intention is to make the rules impossible to keep track of so they can blame us when we slip up, whilst simultaneously wearing us down so we don't have the energy to resist.

evilcommiedictator

Good news everyone, you'll just have to have your xmas parties called "hunting trips" and you can invite as many people as you like!
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/boris-johnson-rule-of-six-hunting-shooting-exemption_uk_5f5f4ad0c5b6b4850803110f
QuoteBoris Johnson is facing a fresh row over his new coronavirus "rule of six" curbs after it emerged that the government has exempted grouse shooting and other "hunting" with guns from the restrictions.

Pro-hunting and shooting groups can continue to hold gatherings of between six and 30 people because they are covered by a loophole that permits licensed "outdoor activity".

New regulations published by the government for England just before midnight on Sunday have a string of exemptions for sports clubs, wedding receptions and even political protests.

But they also have an exemption for when "a gathering takes place outdoors (whether or not in a public outdoor space)" for the purpose of "a physical activity which is carried on outdoors", where a licence, permit or certificate is held by the organiser.

HuffPost UK has learned that the Cabinet Office's special Covid-19 Operations ministerial committee – chaired by Michael Gove – scheduled a meeting on Saturday, with one agenda item titled: "Exemption: hunting and shooting."

The meeting was abruptly cancelled just hours beforehand, with cabinet ministers and officials told that this issue would be discussed later or via ministerial correspondence.

Quote from: olliebean on September 15, 2020, 02:11:21 PM
A decent roundup here of how confusing the constantly changing rules are and the effect it's having on people: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/sep/13/manchester-lockdown-second-wave

(It's behind the Guardian's annoying sign-in gate - just click "I'll do it later" if you don't want to register.)

Pretty sure this is deliberate. The intention is to make the rules impossible to keep track of so they can blame us when we slip up, whilst simultaneously wearing us down so we don't have the energy to resist.

The plan is that we turn on each other rather than them. This government can't thrive without a divided society. When everyone pulled together back in the spring, they must have shat bricks.

Fambo Number Mive

Johnson is currently before the Liaison Committee.

jobotic

Quote from: kalowski on September 15, 2020, 06:27:52 AM
In case anyone was worrying, I finally got a test after trying for 12 hours and 16 minutes.
It's alleged that everything is refreshed at 8pm.

Is she okay?

JamesTC

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 16, 2020, 04:41:12 PM
Johnson is currently before the Liaison Committee.

Finally something he is an expert at.

jobotic

QuoteOn contact tracing, Hancock criticises Ashworth for playing "a decisive card" because he was trying to differentiate between public and private. He says the two sides should work together.

What a wanker Hancock is. The whole point is that the public sector has been kept well out of this as the most important thing is rewards for Tory donors of the back off this pandemic. The public sector must never be allowed to do a good job, even if that means tens of thaousands of unnecessary deaths.

Ashworth is a wanker too.

I don't know if Hancosk said "decisive" when he meant "divisive" or if it's a Guardian mistake but they're all wankers anyway.

Fambo Number Mive

More Hanckery:

QuoteBack in the UK House of Commons, and the Liberal Democrats' health and social care spokesperson, Munira Wilson, says she was "utterly astounded" that Health Secretary Matt Hancock's statement only included one reference to coronavirus testing.

She told MPs: "We see cases rising across the country, a system in meltdown, people unable to access tests, turnaround times down. If he doesn't believe us, perhaps he should read his own constituency inbox."

She calls on Hancock to admit the system is "broken" and asks him to issue a public apology.

He responds by saying: "I think it's really important and incumbent on all of us as public servants to explain things fairly and straight and properly to our constituents, and that's what she should start to do."...

Is he impying she has been lying? That's disgraceful.

jobotic

Stella fucking Creasey seems to be the only one even alluding to what is obvious - this is entirely due to the process being in private hands, with people who knew they couldn't do what needed doing but wanted the money from the party they'd donated to.

BlodwynPig

Why are there still 7 active cases on the MS Zandaam, which was what April? March? I guess they left the boat but no-one recorded that.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Some weird figures for deaths the last few days in Spain, leaped up from 33 to 239 in 3 days. Is this statistical count-back? I notice the average has been rising the last few weeks but was still between 30-50 mainly.

kalowski

Quote from: jobotic on September 17, 2020, 09:43:20 AM
Is she okay?
Yes, thanks for asking. The biggest trauma was trying to get her to take the test/ She was in tears at the thought of having a swab down her throat.
But we got there in the end and got a negative result. Cough virtually gone. I'm back at work!

olliebean

Just posted this in the schools reopening thread, but I reckon it's worth posting here as well. Turds, yesterday at the Liaison Committee, making a dangerously incorrect statement about what someone should do if they've been in contact with someone who has Covid.

Quote from: https://labourlist.org/2020/09/5-highlights-from-the-prime-ministers-grilling-at-the-liaison-committee/Johnson then added that a person should only otherwise request a Covid test if they have come into contact with someone who has themselves received a positive result, and should continue to work or attend school while they wait.

Quote from: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-and-trace-how-it-worksyou will be told to begin self-isolation for 14 days from your last contact with the person who has tested positive. It's really important to do this even if you don't feel unwell because, if you have been infected, you could become infectious to others at any point up to 14 days.

olliebean

New cases at 4,322 today, nearly 1000 higher than yesterday.

Alberon

Only 300 higher than last week, but with the difficulty in actually getting a test you do have to wonder what the real rate actually is now.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: olliebean on September 18, 2020, 04:08:54 PM
New cases at 4,322 today, nearly 1000 higher than yesterday.

Italy starting to lip up too.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: TurdsAnd I think probably, truth to tell, what's happened here and what alas has happened in so many other countries is that people find it difficult to keep this up.

"It is very difficult to maintain that kind of discipline for a long time and what you've seen is the disease starting to spread again among young people and that's where it really started to kick off in France and Spain in those age groups and we are now seeing that here in this country.

We reopened pubs, schools, museums, cinemas, gyms and international travel in the space of 2 months you fucking mug