Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:38:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CORONAVIRUS 2020: RHYTHM OF THE DEATH III

Started by imitationleather, April 12, 2020, 11:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Quote from: jobotic on April 18, 2020, 10:39:25 PM
What's Murdoch's game then? While he's putting the boot into Johnson for being lazy (he is lazy but its worse than that - see his speech) here, Fox is cheering on the Trump supporting Social Distancing is Communism crowd.

Murdoch has no game, he just wants to sell news and make a profit.

idunnosomename

the above is true. he will only support politicians if it means he can sell papers and profit.

while the article is paywalled, the twitter thread is public, and its pretty boot-in

https://twitter.com/thesundaytimes/status/1251563504118771712

jobotic

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 19, 2020, 12:18:53 AM
the above is true. he will only support politicians if it means he can sell papers and profit.

while the article is paywalled, the twitter thread is public, and its pretty boot-in

https://twitter.com/thesundaytimes/status/1251563504118771712

I can see a lot of "imagine how much worse it would be under Corbyn" comments.

My favourite is "tough you lost". Okay, so you have the right to kill us then?

Dan Hodges is just unbelievably thick isn't he?

Why are you investigating that aircrash? We don't need to take lessons from planes that crashed are you stupid or something????

chveik

god I can't wait to have those blue tickers working in the fields instead of those poor Romanians.

idunnosomename

i do believe dan hodges is just utterly exceptionally thick, like the thickest baby ever to be born, but still, he should be sent down a mine. even if there's nothing in the mine. just tell him there is like, gold down there and he needs to find it

Zetetic

In fairness to Jen Williams we've seen insane deference on here to Neil Ferguson from otherwise sceptical and intelligent people, born in part from the difficulty of recognising even what relevant expertise is here.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on April 18, 2020, 11:15:32 PM
Murdoch has no game, he just wants to sell news and make a profit.

NEWS? What is this alien concept you talk of?

bgmnts

Can't resize an image but someone put a sign up behind their (I hope) house, on the river trail, which said "If you can read this, go home. 2 of my friends have died of the virus!!"

Made for a nice stroll.

idunnosomename

I've seen "if you can read this go the fuck home!!" in a window. This was on the way to Tesco so even more mental

imitationleather

Maybe they were a tutor for beginner level English?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteMurdoch has no game, he just wants to sell news and make a profit.

So demonstrably bollocks there is no burden on me to even substantiate the counter argument.

Sebastian Cobb

bgmnts

Nope I honestly think Murdoch doesn't care what he puts out as long as he makes money.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: bgmnts on April 19, 2020, 05:06:25 PM
Nope I honestly think Murdoch doesn't care what he puts out as long as he makes money.

This is true but it means something different to 'Murdoch has no game, he just wants to sell news and make a profit.'.

NoSleep

Quote from: bgmnts on April 19, 2020, 05:06:25 PM

He is cheerleader for what he views as the "winning side"[nb]The establishment.[/nb].

Jasha

Murdoch has a knack of sniffing which way the wind is blowing then manoeuvring his agenda behind it

BlodwynPig

Someone on tyne & wear tv advocating reopening coffee shops and leisure and tourist industry to get young people back to work and off basic income

Good luck with that you doofus

Sebastian Cobb

Tyne and Wear is a summer town, it needs summer quids.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 19, 2020, 06:08:48 PM
Someone on tyne & wear tv advocating reopening coffee shops and leisure and tourist industry to get young people back to work and off basic income

Good luck with that you doofus

Young people? Not slaving in low wage misery?

This is intolerable. Open this country up right now.

pancreas

Quote from: Zetetic on April 19, 2020, 08:41:37 AM
In fairness to Jen Williams we've seen insane deference on here to Neil Ferguson from otherwise sceptical and intelligent people, born in part from the difficulty of recognising even what relevant expertise is here.

Where?

Sebastian Cobb

Denmark are doing 15 billion worth of bailouts but also telling companies that pay massive dividends, buy nack shares or are registered in tax havens to get bent.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-18/denmark-extends-business-aid-to-increase-spending-by-15-billion

Cerys

I knew there was a reason I like Denmark.  Even though that statue's quite disappointing - not very big.

Zetetic

Quote from: pancreas on April 19, 2020, 10:56:03 PM
Where?
The end of thread 2, for example, but perhaps I'm being a bit unfair on a certain hog and took the responses the wrong way..

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cerys on April 20, 2020, 12:20:09 AM
I knew there was a reason I like Denmark.  Even though that statue's quite disappointing - not very big.

It is the Little Mermaid after all.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Zetetic on April 20, 2020, 07:38:07 AM
The end of thread 2, for example, but perhaps I'm being a bit unfair on a certain hog and took the responses the wrong way..

Apology accepted. ;0)

NoSleep

Quote from: Cerys on April 20, 2020, 12:20:09 AM

Wrong country, surely?

BlodwynPig