Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:06:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CORONAVIRUS 2020: RHYTHM OF THE DEATH III

Started by imitationleather, April 12, 2020, 11:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Put this up for 5 minutes,...

...taken down now

Bazooka

Quote from: Alberon on January 10, 2021, 10:42:20 AM
I was hoping the rate of climb wasn't actually that big and the deaths a week back were only partly reported due to the holidays.

This was my thinking too.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bazooka on January 10, 2021, 12:43:49 PM
This was my thinking too.

I posted an image above, but could not keep it on here long, sadly

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 10, 2021, 12:44:32 PM
I posted an image above, but could not keep it on here long, sadly

What's the point of that? Such actions just promote anxiety.

Alberon

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on January 10, 2021, 01:08:31 PM
What's the point of that? Such actions just promote anxiety.

oh fuck off, I was responding the Alberon's query you fucking twat. its sensitive data, and to avoid anxiety I was hoping a small time window could be seen by Alberon, but he was not online

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Alberon on January 10, 2021, 01:24:15 PM
What was the gist of it?

numbers in wastewater across core cities seem consistent or rising in recent days - so potentially not a holiday effect in reporting (maybe mixing effect)

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 10, 2021, 02:00:43 PM
numbers in wastewater across core cities seem consistent or rising in recent days - so potentially not a holiday effect in reporting (maybe mixing effect)

Why not just post that instead? Thanks.

BlodwynPig

Chedney Honks

I saw it and the Y axis started bending backwards towards 10 o' clock.

Ffffffuuuccckkkkkk

😛😛😛

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Chedney Honks on January 10, 2021, 06:07:10 PM
I saw it and the Y axis started bending backwards towards 10 o' clock.

Ffffffuuuccckkkkkk

😛😛😛

there was no y-axis

I can post a 5 minute show and tell - pick your city, Leeds, NE London, Nottingham, Newcastle, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Sheffield

sirhenry

sirhenry

Cheers Blod. You're a star!

It's the log10 part that makes it scary. I'm pretending it's a linear scale, but still staying in for a month.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sirhenry on January 10, 2021, 07:30:24 PM
Cheers Blod. You're a star!

It's the log10 part that makes it scary. I'm pretending it's a linear scale, but still staying in for a month.

top one is very deprived area

sirhenry

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 10, 2021, 07:30:53 PM
obvs, those 3 letters aren't going to give you much, but can pm you. 1.602 is < Limit of quantification
I can work out all the ones I need, cheers. And I did wonder about 1.602. Does that mean that there was a reading but that it was low rather than no reading at all?

sirhenry

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 10, 2021, 07:34:00 PM
top one is very deprived area
And the fifth is where I and at least a couple of other CaBbers live.

sirhenry

So basically it's all massively downhill from the Boxing Day poo onwards. Joy!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sirhenry on January 10, 2021, 07:34:53 PM
I can work out all the ones I need, cheers. And I did wonder about 1.602. Does that mean that there was a reading but that it was low rather than no reading at all?

essentially, not confident of quantifying the value, but pretty minuscule.

poo

BlodwynPig

Quote from: MrMrs on January 10, 2021, 10:03:29 PM
This is so rude. please apologise.

why? the cunt has never liked me and takes every opportunity to make it known.

Old Thrashbarg

To repost a question from another thread:

How far in advance of the positive test figures are the wastewater incidence figures? I'm working on the assumption that it takes an average of 5 or so days after infection for a positive test to be recorded. So how quickly after infection does it show up in your piss/shite, then how quickly does it become traceable in the collective wastewater, and finally, how quickly does that then make it's way into your figures?

Fambo Number Mive

Fuck. This is very concerning.

QuoteA hospital's oxygen supply has "reached a critical situation" due to rising numbers of Covid-19 infections.

A document shared with the BBC showed Southend Hospital has had to reduce the amount it uses to treat patients.

It said the target range for oxygen levels that should be in patients' blood had been cut from 92% to a baseline of 88-92%.

Hospital managing director, Yvonne Blucher, said it was "working to manage" the situation.

"We are experiencing high demand for oxygen because of rising numbers of inpatients with Covid-19 and we are working to manage this," she said.

"The public can play their part by staying home and, where they cannot, following the 'hands, face, space' advice to cut the spread of the virus."...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

El Unicornio, mang

My local beach made it to the front page of The Daily Mail as an example of people flouting the rules, although again they've used perspective to make it look a lot worse than it is. From another angle you'd see it's actually pretty empty with space between groups

Bazooka

Hmm, that couple on the far right are gonna clothesline that bloke.

El Unicornio, mang

That's how strangers are greeted up here, it's all done with great affection.

Fambo Number Mive

46,169 reported cases, 529 reported deaths within 28 days of a positive test