Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:15:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CORONAVIRUS 2020: RHYTHM OF THE DEATH III

Started by imitationleather, April 12, 2020, 11:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poo

>4000 deaths per day in Brazil. Some models predicting we'll be back to a 1000+ peak next winter - that seems pretty heavy given the vax- anyone know why some models are so bleak? Variants?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: poo on April 07, 2021, 08:01:53 AM
>4000 deaths per day in Brazil. Some models predicting we'll be back to a 1000+ peak next winter - that seems pretty heavy given the vax- anyone know why some models are so bleak? Variants?

- 0pen the Pubs
- C0rbyn

Chedney Honks

It's basically extermination at this point. The cunt should be in front of the Hague trying to scoop his organs off the floor.

buttgammon

Are they even bothering to vaccinate people in Brazil?

jobotic

They're going to start soon. One of Bolsonaro's top men is giving it two months before it's all over and open the pubs (even if they're already open).

idunnosomename

At least now the far left have a counter to "Venezuela!!!"

Shoulders?-Stomach!

This is evil Bolsonaro's doing

And yet he has still achieved greater safeguarding than Hero Boris. Yes, their Deaths per million is less than the UK's.

George Oscar Bluth II

If Brazil was in the middle east we'd have invaded and installed a new leadership and the cunt would absolutely deserve it. Still more than a year till Lula comes back to save the nation.

Bazooka

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 07, 2021, 02:23:37 PM
This is evil Bolsonaro's doing

And yet he has still achieved greater safeguarding than Hero Boris. Yes, their Deaths per million is less than the UK's.

Nah, Brazil is about 30 times bigger than the UK, around 7 Yeovil Towns.

chveik

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on April 07, 2021, 04:37:37 PM
If Brazil was in the middle east we'd have invaded and installed a new leadership and the cunt would absolutely deserve it.

such a strange thing to say

BlodwynPig

Billy

I'm going to say about 2023 for a new, extremely minor virus to arrive on our shores, give about two people an itchy nose for a few hours and immediate TOTAL FUCKDOWN ANYONE LEAVING THEIR HOUSE WILL BE SHOT mass hysteria ensuing.

Then a long collective "Oh" as it all fizzles out spectacularly and we go back to normal again (six months later).

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Only 7 deaths recorded today, cases and hospitalisations still falling.

Dare I say it....Open the pubs, boys?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/apr/11/anxiety-in-barnsley-as-a-virus-hotspot-get-ready-to-open-its-doors

Seal Barnsley off though.

bgmnts

Borders with the English open tomorrow, genuinely a bit terrified.

gib

When was the last time it was down in single figures?

BlodwynPig

jobotic

Can't wait to open the doors to the public tomorrow. Hope I don't shit myself.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteA "significant" cluster of the South African Covid-19 variant has been found in two areas of south London where surge testing has been implemented.

Wandsworth and Lambeth will see additional testing after 44 confirmed and 30 probable cases were identified.

The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) called it the "largest surge testing operation to date".

All identified cases are isolating or have completed their isolation and their contacts have been traced.

Dr Susan Hopkins, chief medical adviser for NHS Test and Trace, said the number of cases was "significant" and stressed it was "really important people in the local area play their part in stopping any further spread within the local community".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-56726553

Concerning timing given this is the second day of OPEN THE PUBS. Maybe they should bring back some restrictions in Wandsworth and Lambeth, or even have a local lockdown while surge testing is being rolled out. Although it will hit the local economy surely preventing the spread of the variant is the priority.

BlodwynPig

So this is now public. I guess they couldn't keep it secret for long. I was told they have 2 weeks to contain this or things will go southwards (literally and figuratively)

jobotic

Fucking great. And I can't even book a useless anyway vaccination slot.

Getting right panicky again. It's never going to fucking end.

Cuellar

The only option is to sneak into Australia/New Zealand somehow.

olliebean

Well, great.

The surgetesting page on their website is timing out (although the rest of the site is working fine).

That was a total waste of time getting the jab, then.

Great, now the surgetesting page is saying "Access denied."

BlodwynPig

that's my free morning ruined.

Finchley is not South London is it? Christ...

Please, if you are in London, think twice about partying in the pubs for a bit, yeh?

BlodwynPig

That poster is from March 2nd. Lineage is different from S. London outbreak. Stand down.

bgmnts

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 14, 2021, 08:37:49 AM
that's my free morning ruined.

Finchley is not South London is it? Christ...

Please, if you are in London, think twice about partying in the pubs for a bit, yeh?

You're like the substitute teacher the kids have no interest in trying to control the class.

We're all fucked.

olliebean

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 14, 2021, 09:23:08 AM
That poster is from March 2nd. Lineage is different from S. London outbreak. Stand down.

That "poster" is a flyer that arrived through my door this morning. The test kits are being delivered tomorrow. A bit worrying if it's taken them since March 2nd to get around to it.

There's a map on the website (which is now working) showing specifically what area is being tested; it's very localised, less than half a square mile, with Tesco dead centre (presumably the most likely hub for infection). That's so small and specific an area I can't imagine it's a response to something that happened a month and a half ago.