Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,173
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:18:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CORONAVIRUS 2020: RHYTHM OF THE DEATH III

Started by imitationleather, April 12, 2020, 11:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

non capisco

It took them a month and a half to design the 'Keep Barnet Safe' logo.

Chedney Honks

Is it time to seal off these fetid shitholes once and for all and bomb them into the fifth world?

olliebean

Quote from: Chedney Honks on April 14, 2021, 11:10:14 AM
Is it time to seal off these fetid shitholes once and for all and bomb them into the fifth world?

Bring it on. The way things are going in this country, in 5 years time those who survived coronavirus will be envying those who didn't.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: olliebean on April 14, 2021, 11:06:18 AM
That "poster" is a flyer that arrived through my door this morning. The test kits are being delivered tomorrow. A bit worrying if it's taken them since March 2nd to get around to it.

There's a map on the website (which is now working) showing specifically what area is being tested; it's very localised, less than half a square mile, with Tesco dead centre (presumably the most likely hub for infection). That's so small and specific an area I can't imagine it's a response to something that happened a month and a half ago.

you are kidding me. ok, thanks for heads up

Chedney Honks

Quote from: olliebean on April 14, 2021, 11:14:04 AM
Bring it on. The way things are going in this country, in 5 years time those who survived coronavirus will be envying those who didn't.

This is an overreaction to Recipe Boxes.

BlodwynPig

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe Health Secretary, Matt Hancock, holds at least a 15% stake (15 shares) in his own sister's company, who were previously awarded lucrative NHS contracts as recently as March 2021, it can be revealed.

Last month, a firm named Topwood Limited were handed two contracts worth £150,000 each by the NHS to carry out waste disposal services, including the shredding of confidential documents...

https://bywire.news/articles/health-secretary-matt-hancock-holds-a-stake-in-his-sisters-company-who-were-awarded-lucrative-nhs-contracts

olliebean

Well, so much for that. "Surge testing" kits delivered this morning, apparently by a small crowd of people (my housemate, who took delivery, said there were more than six of them clustered together on the pavement behind the one who actually gave her the kits - handed them directly to her, rather than leaving them on the doorstep and stepping back), and supposedly they would return to collect them about 3 hours later. It's about 10 hours later now, and I can't see them being collected today. Have sent a slightly pissy email to the address on the website asking if we should expect them to be collected tomorrow, or just throw them away.

BlodwynPig

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 16, 2021, 07:29:20 AM
Grim milestone reached

One in 2597 people worldwide.

One in 379 Czechs.

One in 354 New Jerseyans

olliebean

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 16, 2021, 01:07:58 PM
One in 2597 people worldwide.

One in 379 Czechs.

One in 354 New Jerseyans

One in 449 Britons.

MrMrs

BlodwynPig

Quote from: MrMrs on April 18, 2021, 10:50:42 PM
does vaccination reduce transmission?

it does reduce virus load in the body (not sure about gut, which is something I'm trying to find out).

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Too early to assess the impact of PUBS BOYS but encouraging data concerning the UK Covid situation in the last 3 weeks (also an improvement in the weather too in the last 8 days and for the next week which hopefully will help).

7 day moving average of 26 deaths per day, which we didn't get down to until mid-July last year.

Digging down by region doesn't show up anything dramatically concerning either. Where there are rises there aren't clusters from neighbouring regions and all pretty low level stuff. Most are falling away. Map:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/interactive-map

2nd Jab rollout also starting to pick up with 14.6% now 'fully' vaccinated, though in reality we might be looking at a rolling 6 monthly booster for years.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Fambo Number Mive

Press conference today. Wonder what Johnson will say about his failure to put India on the red list fast enough and how we have another four days before it goes on there.

Probably distract people by talking about football instead.

Fambo Number Mive

Two questions about the fucking European Super League, when there is so much to ask about COVID. Maybe its because I dont follow football but I dont think it's the biggest priority right now.

Ferris

Nova Scotia closing the borders (even to other Canadians). All kicking off.

bakabaka

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 20, 2021, 06:00:11 PM
Two questions about the fucking European Super League, when there is so much to ask about COVID. Maybe its because I dont follow football but I dont think it's the biggest priority right now.

I think that was the point, isn't it (as you said above)? They're trying to divert focus away from that and the increasing amount of Covid-aided cronyism that's bubbling to the surface.

Fambo Number Mive

I was more angry at the media for asking questions about the ESL at the briefing. 

shiftwork2

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 20, 2021, 07:57:10 PM
Nova Scotia closing the borders (even to other Canadians). All kicking off.

What's going on with Canada at the moment?  It was doing so well.

Ferris

Quote from: shiftwork2 on April 21, 2021, 06:00:43 PM
What's going on with Canada at the moment?  It was doing so well.

Some premiers opened up the provinces (in ways that made no sense) because everything was going so well. Uh oh, it's a disaster. It would be unkind of me to point out these are all conservative pro-business cunts, and pinko provinces are all doing a lot better.

Ontario has done a particularly shit job of lockdowns then reopening then lockdowns without any kind of plan in place. Last month they opened malls and bars, then castigated people for going to malls and bars. Oh, and all construction is deemed essential so it has stayed at full capacity throughout the pandemic (the PC government is funded by construction donations). They also eliminated paid sick days in the province and have refused to reinstate them so sick people go to work and make everyone else sick. Ontario is also requesting vaccines from eastern provinces (despite sitting on a stockpile of 1m+ doses) because it makes Ford look like he's doing something (although he asked for then declined federal help in the same week last week because he's a cunt).

Nova Scotia is a bubble of normality - our shops and bars etc are open and new cases are in the 1 per 100k range with no community spread, but we just closed all borders to everyone because there was evidence of community spread this week. People were driving from Ontario, ignoring our quarantine period and causing cases here (including a family that went directly from Ontario to a few different Costco stores in PEI to stock up on food for their quarantine. They were of course all infected with covid, grand job lads. How can you be that fucking thick). Anyway, for the next month you can't come in, and if you leave you can't return unless you can prove you live here.

Vaccination rates have been slow because there is no manufacturing capacity in Canada (thanks, Stephen Harper) so we have to buy every dose. The US are cunts and randomly block shipments depending on whether biden remembers to put his trousers on and issue an order, and the EU is probably going to do the same shortly. That means elderly provinces with issues of healthcare provision like Nova Scotia are at a lot of risk if the situation goes sideways. We had a new Premier as of last month and he doesn't want to be remembered for letting everything go to shit so he's being very aggressive and pro active. Good for him (and us).

Tl:dr places controlled by greedy cunts have been run into the ground and they're angry at being shown up by provinces that have handled it better, and they're not happy about it.

Apologies for the rant, I'm fucking sick of all this.

shiftwork2

Pretty comprehensive, thanks.  I like how you alluded to Ford then couldn't help mentioning him.

Ferris

Quote from: shiftwork2 on April 21, 2021, 06:39:14 PM
Pretty comprehensive, thanks.  I like how you alluded to Ford then couldn't help mentioning him.

He's a grade-A cunt. Can't help myself.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 21, 2021, 06:41:38 PM
He's a grade-A cunt. Can't help myself.

I like how the office of the Premier of Nunavut is a shed in a forest.

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 21, 2021, 06:54:07 PM
I like how the office of the Premier of Nunavut is a shed in a forest.

I'm assuming it is both symbolically and literally shed in a forest to be honest. I had a friend who worked in Iqaluit 2 weeks on 2 weeks off and he was not fond of it.

Separately: I've started getting notifications about new provincial health measures being put in place "out of an abundance of caution" aka what they took Phil into hospital with aka DEAD SOON.

bakabaka

I just got a letter from HMRC that starts:

QuoteDear customer,
I'm pleased to let you know that you will receive a one-off payment of £500 in April to support you through the coronavirus pandemic. This is because yours is a working household receiving tax credits.

So, just as lockdown ends and we all go back to work again, we get a cash injection to help us survive the last 12 months. Curious timing...

or

So, just as local elections come around, we get a cash incentive to vote 6 days later. Curious timing...

or

So, just as lockdown ends and we all go shopping again, we get a cash injection to help us boost the economy. Not that trickledown economics doesn't work, obviously, but now it's time for Sunak' 'Splash Out To Help Out' or something...

or

So, what's your take on this one?

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Billy

Does it go on to give a really dodgy-looking URL with a page asking you to enter your card details, PIN and all your favourite social media passwords?