Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:33:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CORONAVIRUS 2020: RHYTHM OF THE DEATH III

Started by imitationleather, April 12, 2020, 11:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MojoJojo

It doesn't look like the admissions graph is on an exponential rise. There's a definite flat patch after the 19th. Local countermeasures having some effect maybe?

SOMK

Has this been posted yet? Haven't respected teenagers this much since I was prepubescent.

https://inews.co.uk/news/technology/tiktok-fake-covid-positive-test-schools-1079693

I have been worried for some time about the kids, seeing friends become parents and having to appease two year olds with the most appalling youtube muck, but perhaps my worries were misplaced, my faith is renewed and come the revolution I will gladly lead them.

jobotic

27,989 cases today. 22 deaths announced. 1795 in hospital. 287 vented.

On 28th January there were

28,680 cases. 1239 deaths announced. 34,909 in hospital. 3918 vented.

This is what the government rely on.

Open the stadiums!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: MojoJojo on July 01, 2021, 11:57:39 AM
It doesn't look like the admissions graph is on an exponential rise. There's a definite flat patch after the 19th. Local countermeasures having some effect maybe?

https://twitter.com/COVID19actuary/status/1410622822599254017?s=19

With cases now doubling every 10 days you can see how this eventually starts producing far high numbers of hospital admissions.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cuellar on July 01, 2021, 10:08:40 AM
Most of mainland Europe is still in proper-ish lockdown though isn't it? They're on their comedown from their second wave whereas we've got a headstart on the third.

Yes, once Delta hits Europe - WIPEOUT

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on July 01, 2021, 04:11:43 PM
27,989 cases today. 22 deaths announced. 1795 in hospital. 287 vented.

On 28th January there were

28,680 cases. 1239 deaths announced. 34,909 in hospital. 3918 vented.

This is what the government rely on.

Open the stadiums!

Some people are being put in ICT as NHS are facing a pressure - mainly from other stressors such as increase in person-on-person violence...fucking hell.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quotemainly from other stressors such as increase in person-on-person violence...fucking hell.

Correlation between English sporting success and violence is well known.

Catalogue Trousers

QuoteSpeaking on Sky News this morning, UK housing secretary Robert Jenrick confirmed reports that enforced mask-wearing will come to an end after 'freedom day,' with some restrictions, including face masks, becoming a matter of personal choice.

He said: "We are going to move into a period where there won't be legal restrictions...but you will want to exercise a degree of personal responsibility and judgement."

From today's Independent.

'Freedom Day'. 'Personal responsibility and judgement'.

We're boned.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 01, 2021, 06:43:58 PM
Some people are being put in ICT as NHS are facing a pressure - mainly from other stressors such as increase in person-on-person violence...fucking hell.

I was in Leazes Park early evening on Friday and within the first 15 minutes saw a charver smash another charver over the head with a bottle and then three separate groups facing off against each other around the bandstand like a Newcastle version of West Side Story but with happy hardcore blaring from a phone replacing show tunes. We decided to leave when a girl asked for an empty bottle, which I gave her, and then realised what she was going to use the bottle for...

Additionally, later paid 15 quid to get into a night club where of course everyone had to sit down. One of the most bizarre experiences I've had. Everyone sitting down but the club music blaring so everyone dancing with their arms and heads, writhing in their seats, while burly men in masks walked through pointing angrily at anyone who dared to stand up.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on July 04, 2021, 02:15:43 PM
I was in Leazes Park early evening on Friday and within the first 15 minutes saw a charver smash another charver over the head with a bottle and then three separate groups facing off against each other around the bandstand like a Newcastle version of West Side Story but with happy hardcore blaring from a phone replacing show tunes. We decided to leave when a girl asked for an empty bottle, which I gave her, and then realised what she was going to use the bottle for...

Additionally, later paid 15 quid to get into a night club where of course everyone had to sit down. One of the most bizarre experiences I've had. Everyone sitting down but the club music blaring so everyone dancing with their arms and heads, writhing in their seats, while burly men in masks walked through pointing angrily at anyone who dared to stand up.

Sorry for causing a scene.

Fancy a breakfast with Imi and me sometime? Should be quiet in the morning.

Pranet

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on July 04, 2021, 02:15:43 PM

Reading that I'm quite glad to be old enough to know I will never be going to a night club ever again. That's incredible.

Ferris

Assumed it was a joke actually. That's sort of amazing, like a David Lynch fever dream.

Pranet

I did think that I could imagine dreaming that, on one of my dystopian dream nights.

Drygate

So many questions...

Did you wipe your dna/finger prints off the bottle/weapon before you gave it to her?

Were the seats on the dance floor and people just sat in them chair dancing or at tables like a bar?

Were the kids in the park listening to old happy hardcore from the 90s or are people still making it?

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 04, 2021, 06:49:51 PM
Sorry for causing a scene.

Fancy a breakfast with Imi and me sometime? Should be quiet in the morning.

I'm never up in time for breakfast but yeah let's get together some time.

Here's a short video I made of the night club experience. We only stayed for about 30 mins, decided to cut our losses and move on, leaving behind half of the group. Shouldn't have gone there in the first place, had a nice couple of tables next to each other for all 10 of us in a cool pub (Trent House) but of course someone had to pipe up with "c'mon let's move on" for no apparent reason and everyone just followed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pV1-Q8rjQFLp1p5hNohyi8ZtuEb3-Mk2/view?usp=sharing

Quote from: Drygate on July 05, 2021, 12:03:51 PM
So many questions...

Did you wipe your dna/finger prints off the bottle/weapon before you gave it to her?

Were the seats on the dance floor and people just sat in them chair dancing or at tables like a bar?

Were the kids in the park listening to old happy hardcore from the 90s or are people still making it?

No, people did mention this afterwards though. Hadn't even considered it!

Seats on the dance floor, see video.

Actually it might not have been happy hardcore, it was just terrible fast noisy dance music.

Drygate

Doesn't look as bad as I thought. Although picnic tables are a bit uncomfortable!

imitationleather

Went to a couple of sit-down clubs last year. One was absolutely dire. It was just the same as going to a crap bar in pre-'rona times except instead of being free entry it was £15. The other one was actually not bad, and the lone security guy didn't bother trying to tell people to not stand up and dance. It helped that the club was in the still as yet ungentrified area around Millwall's stadium and so it had a very non-tryhard atmosphere.

Ferris

Twit 2

Why is there a general virus thread in a sub forum entirely dedicated to it? Isn't it completely redundant?

BlodwynPig

Barry Admin

Quote from: Twit 2 on July 10, 2021, 11:12:34 AM
Why is there a general virus thread in a sub forum entirely dedicated to it? Isn't it completely redundant?

Yep. I have literally no idea why people continue to use it.

(Other than the usual CaB "not worth a thread" neurosis.)

See also, what books/movies have you read/watched lately, but I've given up on those battles.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Twit 2 on July 10, 2021, 11:12:34 AM

There is commentary that falls between the cracks of the other topics that isn't itself thread worthy and so a general thread collects those while also providing a focal point.

It's tough as you inevitably will get overlap but the alternative is that people won't make new threads purely to make brief remarks.

I have also noticed this thread has acted as catalyst for fresh discussions that then themselves become new threads.

The answer is in the fact people have frequently used it, I suppose.

Twit 2

Barry Admin

So another thread for people who can't be arsed to make new theads then.

Ferris

What happened to all the 5G conspiracy lads? Don't hear much from them do you.

Mocked into silence, or bumped off by the illuminati? You decide!

buttgammon

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 17, 2021, 12:01:31 PM
What happened to all the 5G conspiracy lads? Don't hear much from them do you.

Mocked into silence, or bumped off by the illuminati? You decide!

I removed some stickers the other day warning of the effects of the 5G magnetic microchip that was implanted by the vaccine and would become compulsory in future, so some of them are still going strong (unlike their phone signals).

Ferris

I've not heard anything about it for ages, probably a year or so at this point. It's a rare (to my memory) example of obvious crankery collapsing under its own weight of ludicrousness.

I wonder why that is? It became a bit of an obvious punchline for the public, I wonder if that took the wind out the sails of adherents a bit. When Sue and Brian from the golf club are using your beliefs to sell a shitty gag about their vaccines, I can see quietly dropping it.

Edit: it's worth a new thread I reckon

Edit 2: here https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=88270.new#new

Come share your memories of this treasured (but sadly extinct?) conspiracy theory around the government microwaving people using telephone poles and creating a fictional virus to take the blame.