Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:59:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CORONAVIRUS 2020: RHYTHM OF THE DEATH III

Started by imitationleather, April 12, 2020, 11:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

Ferris

bgmnts

Dreading tomorrow.

Huge waves of fresh gammon covid cases flooding into Wales. Undo all the relatively decent work that's been done here.

buttgammon

Quote from: bgmnts on July 18, 2021, 12:25:12 PM
Dreading tomorrow.

Huge waves of fresh gammon covid cases flooding into Wales. Undo all the relatively decent work that's been done here.

Imagine the amount of people in tourist towns who are going to get a tonne of "oi sheepshagger! Take that mask off you freedom-hating Welsh cunt". Nightmare stuff.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

flooding into Wales

Wales for the Welsh. Careful on the choice of language.

Chedney Honks

Dreading tomorrow.

Huge waves of fresh gammon covid cases flooding into Wales.

A problem shared is a problem halved.

bomb_dog

BlodwynPig

3 others on bus, all mad lads, all masked. Shove your freedoms Javid!

Chedney Honks

Just been down the Asda with my Gatling gun and came home with all 800 rounds. Everyone being very respectful and cautious out there. Real blue balls for me so I fired a few hundred rounds into the sky.

BlodwynPig

Youngish aryian lad got on a bit later without mask. His charred body will be found smouldering on the Town Moor later

SpiderChrist

Been for a stroll. Thought about buying Mrs S her favourite apricot croissant from Caffe Nero, staff member behind the counter wearing a mask, that's alright I thought. Manager then emerges from the back, maskless.

And so it begins.

PlanktonSideburns

Yea careful you don't hurt the feelings of a roofer with an arse full of dynamyte bgmnts

buttgammon

Quote from: bgmnts on July 20, 2021, 09:18:41 AM
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-pier-bosses-hit-out-21087728

It has begun.

Sadly predictable. In fact, when I wrote the post about this further up the page, Llandudno was the place I was imagining.

olliebean

ZOE has changed the way they're calculating their estimates to allow for vaccinated people being over-represented in their data set (amongst other things). Their daily new cases estimate has risen from mid-30,000s yesterday to 60,016 today. (And cases in my area, which have been dropping for the past few days, are suddenly showing as having been rising for the past few days.)

buttgammon

I was in England for the first time in nearly two years yesterday and was stunned to see basically nobody wearing masks in shops. I just came back over the border; it was a strange experience for someone who's spent practically the whole pandemic in Ireland.

Drygate

What does cab think of Prof Tim Spector and the Zoe data?

His latest video is really interesting, especially about why the UK is almost leading the world in cases.

But he says a few things that wouldn't go down well here! So just wondering how he's perceived

https://youtu.be/GuYiVvDtOl0

Cold Meat Platter

Keep asking and see what happens to your account.

Cloud

Quote from: Drygate on August 29, 2021, 09:05:55 PM
What does cab think of Prof Tim Spector and the Zoe data?

His latest video is really interesting, especially about why the UK is almost leading the world in cases.

But he says a few things that wouldn't go down well here! So just wondering how he's perceived

https://youtu.be/GuYiVvDtOl0

I stopped listening to him so much.  He used to be the voice of positivity and optimism, nowadays he's always the pessimist and if I want to hear pessimism I'll come to CaB. 

Last straw was the one he did recently entitled something like "Vaccines: are they still working?" as if calling to Betteridge's Law of Headlines (the answer is always no).   The experts he was taking to, even the pessimist of them, were saying that the vaccines are working as they should as immunity is more than just antibodies and that there's no evidence that the memory B and T cell immunity that stops you getting severely ill has dropped below the ~90%+ it always was. But he's still playing the media's "antibodies are waning so let's call it the vaccine wearing off and cause a panic" card. Heck as the other expert said, even the level of "effectiveness" (against any infection at all) that it's dropped to, is better than what anyone was expecting at the start of vaccine development.

-----

On a less positive note, I've now heard of 4 people at our local pub who are in hospital with it, 2 in ICU. Still trying to fish for vaccine status, I know one of the ICU chaps is antivax though.  If others are jabbed then it's worrying and probably time to stay away again.

Drygate

That's interesting. Apart from being a bit down on the vax, I thought he was way less negative on other stuff than cab.

I guess as covid has so many "strands"* it's hard to find someone who you agree or disagree with fully.

*Vaccines, lock downs, masks, travel rules, 5g etc

Drygate

Javid says no to vaccine passports.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/12/plans-for-vaccine-passports-in-england-ditched-javid-confirms

It's good news but I wonder how much money they managed to waste getting ready for them?

bgmnts

The masks thing is just ridiculous now.

I had to put a mask on when I left the room of my office 15 yards down a corridor where I could take it off again in another room, yet my friend went to a gig in Bristol on Thursday and the pub was crammed with people obviously not wearing masks. So I don't really know the rules but it doesn't really seem to be helping.

The Culture Bunker

Are there actually official, as in mandated by the government, rules? I thought it was just up to individual businesses to enforce as they please/if they can be arsed (which they generally aren't, in my experience).

olliebean

I think there are still official guidelines, rather than rules, but they've done an utterly shit job of communicating them.

Head Gardener

poo

Cloud

Now that Covid is seen as "over" we just got handed a reinstatement of our office dress code.  Yayyyy

But honestly "Smart" is such a subjective word I'll probably continue coming in a t-shirt.  What?  It's a pretty smart t-shirt.  Plain and everything.