Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:40:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CORONAVIRUS 2020: RHYTHM OF THE DEATH III

Started by imitationleather, April 12, 2020, 11:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

Mmm. It looks to me that daily reported deaths continues to be fairly flat across the four nations[nb]Although I confess I pay little attention to England.[/nb] for the last week or so (bearing in mind stuff like the weekend dips). (Could be down to local hospitalisation capacity limits, I have wondered.)

olliebean

Could also be down to the figures being desperately massaged to keep them below 1000/day.

Zetetic

By who? Where in the processes across the four nations, who are all showing vaguely similar patterns[nb]Looking at a 7-day rolling sum[/nb]?

weekender

Aldi are making everyone use trolleys instead of baskets.  I don't really see how this helps.

Dewt

Pretty obvious, you don't have to lick the trolleys like you do with baskets.

NoSleep

Quote from: weekender on April 15, 2020, 05:25:45 PM
Aldi are making everyone use trolleys instead of baskets.  I don't really see how this helps.

If it's anything like what I've seen in the Co-op and Waitrose I've used since lockdown, it's cleaning them between each use by customers.

Zetetic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: olliebean on April 15, 2020, 03:10:16 PM
Could also be down to the figures being desperately massaged to keep them below 1000/day.

That was my thinking.

weekender

Quote from: NoSleep on April 15, 2020, 05:38:06 PM
If it's anything like what I've seen in the Co-op and Waitrose I've used since lockdown, it's cleaning them between each use by customers.

Yeah, they're not doing that in my local Aldi though.

This was basically "Leave a trolley behind for the next person after you who doesn't have a pound coin, but you must use a trolley".

jobotic

So Hancock sends people from hospitals to care homes with no testing.

This is all deliberate isn't it? Cummings should be hanging from a lamp post or at least spending the rest of his repulsive life in a cell.

But he's not, he's waltzing in and out of No 10 and no one in our media has a word to say about it. Murder before their very eyes and they pretend not to see it.

I did have the very dark thought that knowing care home deaths weren't recorded in the official figures they might see a way to massage the figures.

As a non-psychopath I obviously dismissed that thought as far too awful for anyone to contemplate.

Abnormal Palm

Edit: I can't get into it, but I don't believe there's a conspiracy as much as lag.

Zetetic

Again, not least because where you be prosecuting it?

Scotland's disparity is at least as huge:
https://twitter.com/VictimOfMaths/status/1250489805777055744

It's more likely the same half-arsed, poorly thought out bungling we've seen since this thing kicked off, yes.

olliebean

Quote from: weekender on April 15, 2020, 05:25:45 PM

I think it's because it forces people to stay at least the length of a trolley apart from each other. (Assuming it's like my local Aldi where there isn't room for two trolleys to pass in the aisles.)

Dewt

BlodwynPig

Quote from: olliebean on April 15, 2020, 07:36:39 PM
I think it's because it forces people to stay at least the length of a trolley apart from each other. (Assuming it's like my local Aldi where there isn't room for two trolleys to pass in the aisles.)

No understanding of particle physics, cuh!

Someone on Facebook has just shared the following image, as if to make some kind of point:

What point has he made, other than to demonstrate that he's a giant bulb?

Butchers Blind

Worldometers currently has the data as "12,332,524 Abortions this year".  So, I presume, the former.

This guy is a Trump supporting, British Tory guy running a bar for Brits in Spain, who voted Brexit.  I don't think he believes in Covid-19 either.

JamesTC

All deaths are kind of abortion in a way.

BlodwynPig

idunnosomename

ive squashed more red spider mites in my childhood than the covid death toll in the last 24 hours. let that sink in

EOLAN

That is quite a lot of deaths for the first four days of the year.

Dewt

Would they really prefer 10+ million babies every four months

Dewt

imitationleather

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The starvation figure is pretty upsetting if true.

bgmnts

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 16, 2020, 08:16:08 AM
The starvation figure is pretty upsetting if true.

Pretty common knowledge I thought. Think there are more obese people in the world than starving ones though, so thats something.