Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:41:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CORONAVIRUS 2020: RHYTHM OF THE DEATH III

Started by imitationleather, April 12, 2020, 11:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bence Fekete

Decrease in Huwmongous spelling errors has stalled

bgmnts

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 28, 2020, 11:16:12 PM
I hate Huw with a passion. The worst of an abysmal bunch.

That's a bit cambrophobic.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on July 29, 2020, 04:26:20 AM
That's a bit cambrophobic.

He's a traitor to your nation

QuoteAfter his first degree, he started postgraduate work at Cardiff University in Medieval French, before joining the BBC.

idunnosomename

can't believe we went from Anthony Perkins serial killer as health secretary to the Leatherface we have now

BlodwynPig

NEWS "Don't waste the good weather, beaches/walks and more staycation inspiration..."

i.e., get infected you grey mulch - we present a false ideology for your small minds. You see the sun outside, you yearn to be part of something bigger, we give you that extra nudge. DIE

Zetetic

https://web.archive.org/web/20200803110621/https://www.gov.uk/government/news/update-on-randox-test-kits

Archiving just in case.

BlodwynPig

Spain's death rate ramping up now, 73 today, although that could be for the last 3 days as nothing reported Sat or Sun. Still higher than the average of around 3-5 per day previously.

king_tubby

Panic over, lads, big Vlad's spunked up a vaccine and tested it on his own damn daughter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53735718

Fambo Number Mive

Might be worth having a separate thread on the Russian vaccine, it's pretty big news.

Dog Botherer

good luck trying to get anyone over 40 in the USA to take a Russian made vaccine. those Cold War brain worms are weapons grade.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: king_tubby on August 11, 2020, 02:26:47 PM
Panic over, lads, big Vlad's spunked up a vaccine and tested it on his own damn daughter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53735718

Fergus Walsh reporting

"On controversial topics, you have to play devil's advocate and ask people direct and often difficult questions"

QuoteHis wife, a former GP, works in the pharmaceutical industry

Alberon

I'm not convinced they've finished testing the thing properly. Once it's cleared and it works I'll take it. Trump, Johnson et al on our side are evil wankers, but that doesn't mean Putin is any better and I don't trust him.

QuoteOn Tuesday, the WHO said it had been in talks with Russian authorities about undertaking a review of the vaccine, which has been named Sputnik-V.

Which does not at all sound like a killer drug being sold by the baddie from some 80s action movie.

NoSleep

Probably tested on dogs if it's called sputnik.

Dex Sawash

Cuellar

I'll wait to see if his daughter's skin sloughs off before letting any Russians near me with a needle.

kalowski

BlodwynPig

Fambo Number Mive

Public Health England tweet today:

QuoteOwing to technical difficulties with data processing, the England and UK cases and tests data is not expected to be updated today.

BlodwynPig

Zetetic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Url - 13m
Story - 1.3m

Not insignificant but annoying shitty clickbait tactic all the same

beanheadmcginty

Isn't that just because putting a decimal point in the URL would fuck it up?

sambwel

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on August 14, 2020, 03:17:21 PM

As much as I enjoy shitting on The Grauniad - yes, exactly

jobotic

So are we allowed to know how many daily new cases there are yet or that information for Vote Leave only?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sambwel on August 14, 2020, 03:18:44 PM
As much as I enjoy shitting on The Grauniad - yes, exactly

they could have used letters

1point3

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on August 14, 2020, 03:18:48 PM
So are we allowed to know how many daily new cases there are yet or that information for Vote Leave only?

It's negative numbers from now on, Baby!

sambwel

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on August 14, 2020, 03:17:21 PM

They could have rounded it down to 1 million. Don't for a second think it is inadvertent.

sambwel

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 15, 2020, 08:00:56 AM
They could have rounded it down to 1 million. Don't for a second think it is inadvertent.

Is this a wind up? I'm pretty sure most news outlets use web publishing platforms that auto-generate the URL based on the story headline. They're not going to start rounding down figures by the hundreds of thousands just to avoid possible confusion when someone happens to see the URL (which is itself not very likely outside of forums like this).