Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:54:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Killing Eve season 3

Started by mjwilson, April 13, 2020, 07:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

This series is the Be Here Now of Killing Eve. Insanely bloated and overproduced, really needlessly excessive and expensive, aimless, falling into parody, existing for the sake of "here's some more", feels a bit like a retread of the first two albums (seasons), and with the occasional great tune (episode. The one in Russia)

And like Liam still giving it his all, Jodie Comer is stuck in the same boat of clearly being the absolute best thing about this show, whilst everything else is nosediving around her

Tune in next week when I point out the parallels between Dexter after season 4 and Weezer after 2001

JesusAndYourBush

In the latest episode to be aired on tv,
Spoiler alert
who did the girl run over at the end?  It happened so fast or maybe my attention wandered and it was dark and I didn't see who the victim was?  Anyone important or just some randomer?
[close]

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on May 26, 2020, 11:00:16 AM
In the latest episode to be aired on tv,
Spoiler alert
who did the girl run over at the end?  It happened so fast or maybe my attention wandered and it was dark and I didn't see who the victim was?  Anyone important or just some randomer?
[close]

Spoiler alert
Her mum's boyfriend, who she didn't like very much, even though he didn't seem such a bad type, made her sarnies for her lunch, and that. Earlier on in the show, that pesky Villanelle had encouraged her to play truant and go for a drive with her, and had suggested she should kill her mum's boyfriend , if she wasn't that keen on him "what a harasho idea" Konstantin's kid thought to herself, and went ahead and did it.
[close]

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Early doors in this episode, another scene of Russkies speaking to each other in English when there's no need for it ( Moscow Detention Centre Scene). Does this annoy any other avid viewers?
Also, would Konstantin's daughter , no matter how good her English is, really be aware of such a specific lexical item as " shank" ?

Alberon

It looks like it's meandering towards some sort of climax, but I can't say I care that much.

I've been assuming from the third or so episode that the season ends with
Spoiler alert
Eve and Vilanelle joining forces at last against the Twelve.
[close]

The finale is on the iPlayer tomorrow, so I'll watch it, but while I know the pandemic is on at the moment the deafening silence is just about all the reception this show is getting. And it's all it deserves.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Villanelle also
Spoiler alert
did that thing of going " right, I've deffo killed her now, no worries"  that she did last series with Eve, by just walking off after giving Amelia Bulmore's Mum a whack on the head with a golf club. She's pretty sloppy  considering she's supposed to be such a good assassin.
[close]

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Spoiler alert
Her Scottish accent wasn't that great either, she should have stuck to that Posho Home Counties accent she likes doing.[nb]You can tell.[/nb] I don't suppose this comment needed spoilering, really. Nice golfing outfit, though.
[close]

the science eel

I thought the accent was OK. You only got a little bit of it, maybe that's why. Like little chocolate samples that always taste great.

Poobum

Don't know if its the times that have made me over sensitive but I got to the bit where she bludgeons the health shop women to death and turned it off. Not in the mood for nihilistic, "int she a cool glamorous psycho?" que cool music. Detestable character in a boring show with bland coolness laid all over it. Utterly pointless waste of time.

mr. logic

I actually thought the last ten minutes this week were really well-written and moving. Not looks*, but Vilanelle in accent and mannerism often reminds me of an ex, and so I always find her wandering away quite sad :-(

*This looks a bit mean. They're both pretty, but they don't look alike.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Do you mean the final episode? In the one before that, in the last 10 minutes she
Spoiler alert
just fucked off on Konstantin after he'd had a heart attack, hoping to get his cash, then sent an " Alright, Missus" phonecall to Eve
[close]
, not all that moving.

Your ex behaved like a sassy psychopath?

mr. logic

The final episode. And no, she just made faces and stuff.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Still pacing meself on this show, so haven't seen the final episode yet. Glad to hear it's worth watching ( at least the last 10 minutes thereof), this has been a distinctly lacklustre third series. There'd better not be too much Russkies speaking English to each other when they could easily use the language of their Motherland in this episode, or I'll get riled. I hope there's some more scenes of her off " Upstart Crow" being anxious too, they're always enthralling viewing.

the science eel

Quote from: Poobum on June 01, 2020, 02:04:08 PM
Don't know if its the times that have made me over sensitive but I got to the bit where she bludgeons the health shop women to death and turned it off. Not in the mood for nihilistic, "int she a cool glamorous psycho?" que cool music. Detestable character in a boring show with bland coolness laid all over it. Utterly pointless waste of time.

Yeah, I get that. It's like one of those huge brutalist 'workplaces' you get in Berlin that people pay 100 euros an hour just to sit in.

If this didn't have the bewitching and slightly comic JC performance I wouldn't be at all interested.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

^ I, personally, only watch it for that big Irish feller who works with Eve. Remember the scene with the vending machine, in which he informed Eve the crisps she had bought were very out of date, and then went on to share a KitKat with her? A brilliant, moving scene which the big Irish feller invested with just the right amount of pathos. That, along with those comedy  scenes where members of the cast keep on breaking in to Konstantin's flat to surprise him ( this week it was her off " Upstart Crow" don't know why she'd feel the need to break in , rather than just arrange things beforehand) , showing the dead clever,meticulously planned  plotting developed by whoever's writing this week's episode, as these break ins have contributed to
Spoiler alert
Konny's heart attack
[close]
are probably the only reason I watch this programme.

the science eel

I still want to know what OUR JODE is doing next.

Jodie Comer

Quote from: the science eel on June 02, 2020, 12:53:40 PM
I still want to know what OUR JODE is doing next.

I've just finished a movie called Free Guy and I'm doing one of the new Alan Bennett Talking Heads and then I'm doing another movie with Ridley Scott called The Last Duel.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

^ actually, I thought your Scots accent was brilliant, honest, Missus.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I can also recommend " Thirteen" to The Science Eel, if he's not already seen it. Nothing to do with Teenage Fanclub ( maybe a bit more to do with a twenty- something fan club!!!😃), but a slightly hackneyed kidnapped -teen making an escape13 years later drama. Her Who Plays Villanelle lays off the facepulling , but her top acting skillz are to the fore, along with her favoured Southern Posho English accent ( I don't think I've actually heard her use her  actual Scouse accent in anything, acting- wise).

the science eel

Good stuff. The Alan Bennett thing should be interesting, at least.

I saw some short film she did when she was 19, the other day. American accent.

kitsofan34

Is there anything she can't do?!?!?!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: kitsofan34 on June 02, 2020, 02:39:17 PM
Is there anything she can't do?!?!?!

Scam a giro. She's too well- known now.
( completely brilliant joke about scousers. )

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

kitsofan34

So...who's coming back for series 4?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Might be a while before series 4. They can't really go gadding about all over foreign climes at the minute; and wearing of masks would reduce Villanelle's face- making capabilities by 50%.

the science eel

She's making series 4 right now in my kitchen. She says hi.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: the science eel on June 03, 2020, 04:10:36 PM
She says hi.

What accent is she using?

Is the boy Eel paying tribute to my schtick, or actually playing the usurper? Should I feel chuffed about his Comerreferencing, or worried about the new pretender? What do all you Lisafans out there think?

Alberon

Just watched the last episode. Even for a season that has been very saggy it was bad. I was hopeful they had some big cliffhanger or scene they were building to. You know, like the last two seasons.

No.

Forget season 4. Just move on.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

...so d'you think they both end up shagging each other , or what?

Loath though I am to admit it, that might be a good place to leave things. Having A different writer for each series was not a good idea, the dialogue for this series has been dire, bordering on the childish at times ( " Amelia Bulmore's Mum stabbed my husband in the neck, and tried to blame you, y'know". " Ooh! She never, did she? "  " give that thing to me. It is mine." " No. I will not"), and that ITV drama level side story concerning Eve's ( former) boss's emotional estrangement from her daughter wasn't a terribly good fit into proceedings.

Villanelle's face- making and wardrobe were consistently top- notch throughout, howsoever. What would series 4 be about anyways ? Villanelle and Eve joining forces as a pair of muff- munching crime fighting killers? The television equivalent of the Clooney/ O' Donnel Batman film in the exciting " Batman" film series?

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on June 07, 2020, 11:32:25 PMbordering on the childish at times
If you don't claim that for your avatar's personal text, I'm having it.