Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,173
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:19:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What music you sing to in the car?

Started by aaaaaaaaaargh!, February 25, 2004, 07:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Inspired by weekender's suggestion on this thread, I thought I'd pose this question

I like loud rocky stuff to shout to such as most of QOTSA's output, as well as the Vines.  I shout as my singing voice is terrible - I try to sing to Stevie Wonder records in my car but I feel like I'm massacring them.

What do you sing/shout/bleat along to in the car?

weekender

I had a different tangent in mind when I made that comment, which was more along the lines of "what do you hear in your head all the time", but never mind, it's all good.

I hear "Betty Boo" a lot.  Happy tunes, happy tunes....

Rats

Weekender: Is this a remix?
Mannequin: No, the original version
weekender: Ey? Isn't there usually a screaming nun on it?
Mannequin: Not usually
Weekender: and the "burn your house" chant is missing
Mannqeuin: ... OK, now let's try the blue one, why don't you put one on too this time, I'm sure your mother won't mind.

Quote from: "weekender"I had a different tangent in mind when I made that comment, which was more along the lines of "what do you hear in your head all the time", but never mind, it's all good.

I hear "Betty Boo" a lot.  Happy tunes, happy tunes....

Ahhhhhhhhh, I see.  "What do you hear in your head" could lead to very disturbing answers.  Mostly I hear ringing in my head.  Really high pitched ringing.

smoker

i sing along to whatever, there's no embarassment anymore because people assume you're talking on a hands free kit

Frinky

Doesn't work quite so well for opera, though, does it?

Nearly Annually

Melodic Metal, really, same as mister thread starter. QOTSA, Soundgarden, etc... but if I want to go faster, NOFX. Has to be tunes per se, mind, not avant garde stuff: if you get a new Mr Bungle album, don't bother listening to it in the car, you can't make head nor tail of it with road noise in the mix.

I used to drive a Merc 307 van quite a lot, when I was in bands and stuff. Great internal acoustics for shouting. One day, driving around Brizzle with the stereo off, I started singing a riff at the top of my lungs, over and over again. It was a made up phrase or two which came from nowhere, with words and everything. It went round and round very nicely. So nicely that it completely took me over - I literally couldn't stop. My conscious self was sat there wondering if I could stop if I tried, so I tried, and I couldn't. Mantra power. Couldn't remember it after it finally stopped, though. Probably it was that elusive smash hit we'd been looking for.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: "Nearly Annually"...new Mr Bungle album...

That'll be the day...

Quote from: "Frinky"Doesn't work quite so well for opera, though, does it?

Well I do attempt La Traviata every now and then