Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:00:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fucking HELL I'm fed up: How are YOU doing?

Started by Blue Jam, April 14, 2020, 12:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Obeying the lockdown rules 100%.

I would have put my life savings and most liked family members lives on that being the case.

kittens

i'm having an amazing time and hoping it goes on for ever. getting lots done at home, while also spending ages doing fuck all. sitting in the sun drinking red wine. watching 2 or 3 films a day, playing videogames and reading stuff. it's so wicked. i am loving it.

Twit 2

A man after my own heart, there. Are you getting some drugs in you?

kittens

would be nice. just booze though. just red wine actually. i had never drunk red wine before lockdown, now i'm having a couple bottles a day. not every day. just enough days. lovely glass of red.

Twit 2

Alberon

I'm enjoying it really. Reading books in the garden, playing computer games. Going for a good walk most days. I'm surprised I'm watching less telly, especially as I've got a lot to go through. I've got the entire Zatoichi series of films to go through so I might continue them soon.

It's a bit like how I'd expect retirement to be like, but with less of a social side of course.

Mrs Alberon is climbing the walls though. She can't wait for this to be over.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Alberon on April 14, 2020, 11:01:58 AM

Mrs Alberon is climbing the walls though. She can't wait for this to be over.

I can recommend a good exorcist

Dewt

Quote from: kittens on April 14, 2020, 10:56:25 AM
would be nice. just booze though. just red wine actually. i had never drunk red wine before lockdown, now i'm having a couple bottles a day. not every day. just enough days. lovely glass of red.
I thought you said you were 29... but it sounds like actually YOU BE 40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SDOLKHSOIDHOISHDO ARGGGH!!!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Beagle 2

I would be absolutely loving it but having a three year old who needs constant attention and won't even get his fat arse out of the door for his daily exercise without throwing a tantrum is making it absolutely miserable. Working every hour I'm not looking after him and finishing up about midnight most days. It's shite.

Thomas

I have a cat, which is like having a child except brilliant. Therefore I am enjoying my small corner of the lockdown.

Sebastian Cobb

Enrico Palazzo

Never been more envious of kunts with gardens. Sitting inside all day is shite when it's sunny.

jobotic

I fucking hate it. Despairing.

Knowing that people are dying because of our government and the cunts in Labour who enabled them is driving me mad.

Want to see the people I love again.

edit: I want to see the people I love, other than the family i live with. Should count my blessings really.

jobotic

Quote from: Gregory Torso on April 14, 2020, 10:03:40 AM
I used to them eat all the time in China. Fry them, bit of vinegar and soy sauce, or hoisin if you're a rebel like I. Home made jiaozi. Miss my wife's cooking dammit.

Good to see you

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Joey Tribiani decides to tone down chat-up line.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: jobotic on April 14, 2020, 12:10:21 PM
Good to see you

Hey man, how are you holding up?

It seems one of the key elements of getting most enjoyment out of this lockdown is having something called a 'garden'.

I wish I had a garden. I can see one, from the port hole in my coffin-shaped flat above the Sue Ryder shop. Sometimes a breeze blows through the window and it carries on it the faint strains of a dad telling his young daughter to 'clorse the fookin door'.

I miss these things.

chveik

purely selflishy I'm glad I get to keep my benefits without having to see these cunts and pretend to look for a job.

massive bereavement

I'm doing fine because, apart from the supermarket queues and lack of football, lockdown has made no difference to my life whatsoever. I never get bored at home and I'm enjoying walking along the empty roads and not having to dodge oncoming traffic on the route to the shops. I do feel for people stuck in flats or terraces with cunts for neighbours though, I'd have probably murdered somebody by now if this had happened whilst I was still living at one of my former homes.

thenoise

Wish this happened ten years ago when I had a cushty office job that I hated and lived alone and was capable of wanking up to six times a day.

Now, I'm having to do my course remotely and haven't a chance in hell of getting a job worth having at the end of it.  Assuming I manage to even pass.

Also stressed out by the idea of people dying every day, and the knowledge that some of my relatives are not taking lockdown as seriously as they should do.  And the number of friends I have working in the NHS and/or shops etc.  Frightening.

Sebastian Cobb

Now you mention it, last time I had serious studying to do I spent most of my time wanking and smoking rollups 'so I could focus'.

Felt more trapped then than I do now, despite there being a clearer end in sight.

I'm really loving the lockdown side of this. As a delivery driver in the south east (mainly London) work has transformed from being a daily stress of built up traffic and road rage and busy delivery points with no available parking, to being like a beautiful Sunday afternoon drive, clear empty roads and sunny weather. I've been taking loads of pictures in and around London as I'm sure many have, been noticing buildings and landscapes and seeing wildlife that I'd never normally see.
And my average finish time is down from about 4 to 1 o clock in the afternoon.

Brundle-Fly

I spend a lot of time at home anyway so not completely phased by a lockdown but I really, really miss my family, friends and going out. I am thankful I have my Veronica "Ronnie" Quaife. I'd hate to be enduring this alone and my heart goes out to those who don't like being on their tod.

Trying to exercise daily and watching my habit of eating processed crap and all that. 'All that' being the boozing. My other half has just ordered a cheap running machine off eBay. Arrives Thursday. Something to hang laundry on in a month's time... etc

The NetfliX-Box One have been saviours but I even ration myself with them too. I try to make things a treat; like not going into the living room until around 5:30-6:00pm. I've been spinning a lot of old LPs on the turntable but at a boringly respectable volume because I like the window open but my downstairs neighbours are always in lounging in their gardens and I don't want to piss them off with Coil's Horse Rotovator or something. Must attempt to work my way through some of those unread books on the shelf too instead of being glued to this fucking laptop.

Bazooka

I'm fed up in a sense of waiting for the future, still trying to get back to China and have no idea when that can happen, and no income recently. 

But I have some savings, and staying with my parents until I can escape the UK, my Mum makes rhubarb crumble and gooseberry pies etc from their own fruit they grow, they live in the countryside so I do feel for apartment dwellers,which is what I am when I get back in Beijing. Not watching much TV, just churning through games from my huge backlog, and then a walk every evening at about 8:30 for an hour to fend off the diabetes demons.

Ferris

Quote from: Bazooka on April 14, 2020, 05:17:06 PM
I'm fed up in a sense of waiting for the future, still trying to get back to China and have no idea when that can happen, and no income recently. 

But I have some savings, and staying with my parents until I can escape the UK, my Mum makes rhubarb crumble and gooseberry pies etc from their own fruit they grow, they live in the countryside so I do feel for apartment dwellers,which is what I am when I get back in Beijing. Not watching much TV, just churning through games from my huge backlog, and then a walk every evening at about 8:30 for an hour to fend off the diabetes demons.

I understand the "waiting for the future" bit. We want to move and (try to) buy a house, but we're in limbo for as long as this lasts.

imitationleather

It's nice to make a mental list of just how fucked up and strung out on drugs and raves I'm going to become once all this is over.

Thomas

Quote from: imitationleather on April 14, 2020, 06:57:08 PM
It's nice to make a mental list of just how fucked up and strung out on drugs and raves I'm going to become once all this is over.

one of the great wedding vows

shiftwork2

Cautiously optimistic for the first time in weeks.

Bazooka

Quote from: shiftwork2 on April 14, 2020, 07:31:24 PM
Cautiously optimistic for the first time in weeks.

Careful mate that's one the main symptoms of the affliction.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: Bazooka on April 14, 2020, 05:17:06 PM

Shit mate, I thought you were back in China. I'm kind of wishing I'd stayed there and not bothered coming back to this septic aisle.