Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:38:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fucking HELL I'm fed up: How are YOU doing?

Started by Blue Jam, April 14, 2020, 12:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirhenry

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on July 19, 2020, 11:50:52 PM
I guess I didn't realize how fed up I actually was until my new cunt neighbour moved in and signaled that they are going to start playing obnoxious music at an unreasonable volume next door to me. Small change compared to the neighbours some (including Barry Admin) have had to deal with, I know, but the pandemic has turned me into a borderline agoraphobic hikikomori and I'm having a mini panic attack after realizing how my mental equilibrium has been maintained by having a solitary living space to retreat into. And now some rude asshole has invaded it, and given the shit society we live in there will be literally nothing I can do about it if it becomes a problem. So I'm imagining myself stuck here miserable for at least another few months and then having to find a new place and move in the middle of a fucking pandemic, all because some cunt never learned basic manners.
Your local council should have an AntiSocial Behaviour and/or Noise Nuisance team who you can call out when your neighbour is being cuntishly noisy. If the problem continues they can issue a 'Section 80' which, if broken, leads to a fine of £5000 for everyone in the offending house amongst other things. Usually that's after a third complaint, but our new neighbours got theirs after the second because as soon as their van left they turned the music up again. They don't like people taking the piss. So well worth contacting, and not only to have someone sympathetic to let off steam to. The only down side is that they call you back after visiting the offender, which can take up to 2 hours on a busy night (and there are a lot at the moment), so phone sooner rather than later.

Chedney Honks

Good advice, SirH.

Definitely do that, Pearly.

Why wouldn't you wear headphones? So rude. Why wouldn't your dress down all the same and walk around like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZwWnXuB_eg

My dad plays his shit music so loud. Fair enough if you've got people round.

Quote from: sirhenry on July 20, 2020, 06:28:14 AM
Your local council should have an AntiSocial Behaviour and/or Noise Nuisance team who you can call out when your neighbour is being cuntishly noisy. If the problem continues they can issue a 'Section 80' which, if broken, leads to a fine of £5000 for everyone in the offending house amongst other things. Usually that's after a third complaint, but our new neighbours got theirs after the second because as soon as their van left they turned the music up again. They don't like people taking the piss. So well worth contacting, and not only to have someone sympathetic to let off steam to. The only down side is that they call you back after visiting the offender, which can take up to 2 hours on a busy night (and there are a lot at the moment), so phone sooner rather than later.

Much appreciated, sirhenry! Though sadly I live in hell world (the US) where the only meaningful options would be to complain to the national real estate conglomerate that owns the building (ha) or the police (ha). So basically no meaningful options. If it continues to be a problem I think I am at the mercy of the neighbour having some sympathy to a complaint, but this seems very unlikely given how dumb someone would have to be to blast music loudly in the first place. At most I might be able to pull off complaining to the landlord so much that they let me break my lease early, but I don't particularly want to move (in a pandemic). I've lived here for years.

I think the bastard may have started smoking cigs in an adjoining room as well, which of course is wafting into my apartment.

(I realize these problems are fairly insignificant given the state of the world, but I'm just utilizing this as a rant thread.)

shagatha crustie

Is this neighbour an intimidating sort do you think? Could you not just have a word? Doesn't have to get angry or nasty, just reasonably explain that you've been kept awake, work from home and need to concentrate, or whatever. Suggest that they use headphones, or a time in the week where it won't be such a problem for you.

sirhenry

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on July 20, 2020, 04:08:29 PM
(I realize these problems are fairly insignificant given the state of the world, but I'm just utilizing this as a rant thread.)
It's what it's here for.

I used to have a similar problem to you (being American) but I solved it by emigrating. Best decision of my life.

Quote from: shagatha crustie on July 20, 2020, 04:23:52 PM
Could you not just have a word?

Yeah this will be my only hope if it becomes a problem. And it has not really even become a problem yet, just worrying red flags leading me to dwell on thoughts about the new war with my neighbour I'm going to have to enter on top of the pandemic.

It's not so much the noise as the gall of some people. Construction noise has never bothered me. Noise from someone just choosing to be a self-centered cunt: get in grave.

Quote from: sirhenry on July 20, 2020, 04:30:58 PM
I used to have a similar problem to you (being American) but I solved it by emigrating. Best decision of my life.

Now those of us left behind are all trapped here in here with the inmates for the foreseeable future.

Icehaven

Have/had a similar issue with a new downstairs neighbour who moved in about 6 weeks ago. A few times we heard him playing loud music at stupid o'clock hours so I went down and told him to turn it off, which he did every time, but then a few days later it'd happen again. The last time it happened about 2 weeks ago Mr. Haven came down with me and he's a lot less patient than me (which was why I'd been trying to avoid that) so it was less polite but he hasn't done it since, apart from about 5 minutes one morning when it seemed to start then stop by the time we'd got our shoes on. I dunno, I think he's just one of those tits who lives his life out of his fucking tree every minute he's not in his hideous soul destroying job, and why that needs to be accompanied by batteringly loud music that pisses off every neighbour he has I don't know, but we're not fucking having it and hopefully he gets that now.
Can't take any credit for the ceasement whatsoever myself btw, Mr. H is a 6ft 4 ex-squaddie with a (selectively) dodgy temper so it's his 'words' with the twat that have hopefully fixed it.

Ferris

Thomas

Quote from: icehaven on July 21, 2020, 11:52:37 PM
Can't take any credit for the ceasement whatsoever myself btw, Mr. H is a 6ft 4 ex-squaddie with a (selectively) dodgy temper so it's his 'words' with the twat that have hopefully fixed it.

I understand that your neighbour was annoying, but I don't think your partner needed to kill the guy.

Blue Jam

Yesterday I found out that my favourite pub dog has died. She was an absolute legend, I'm pretty devastated that I will never again enter the pub to see her hopping up and down on her front paws in excitement at my arrival before running over to give me an epic nuzzle.

Caught up with lots of human friends who are all safe and well though, so things are starting to feel a bit less lonely and more normal.

Blue Jam

Managed a bike ride to the beach after werk yesterday. Legs are now knackered, but in a good way. Cycling everywhere is starting to have visible effects. I can see my quadriceps!

Going to be a lazy fucker today, I've earned it.

Blue Jam

Ferris

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 22, 2020, 10:33:47 AM
Yesterday I found out that my favourite pub dog has died. She was an absolute legend, I'm pretty devastated that I will never again enter the pub to see her hopping up and down on her front paws in excitement at my arrival before running over to give me an epic nuzzle.

Ah mate just saw this, shit news.

I know nothing about snooker but glad that's back and doing the rounds. It's no baseball though is it? (I'm genuinely asking because I really don't know anything about it)

Blue Jam

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 23, 2020, 12:39:53 PM
Ah mate just saw this, shit news.

Cheers, and I know it sounds daft as she wasn't even my dog, but she was much-loved and she will be missed by all the regulars. She was just the most sweet and sassy little dog- one of the last times I saw her before lockdown she was sitting by me in her usual seat at the pub when someone walked in with an absolutely beautiful Golden Retriever. I went over to say hello and give her ear scritches when I heard a short, sharp, very angry bark from behind me. I looked round and saw my friend giving me the most withering stink-eye I have seen from man, woman or beast. At other times she would pin my hand down with her paw to remind me that I belonged to her... An absolute legend for sure.

QuoteI know nothing about snooker but glad that's back and doing the rounds. It's no baseball though is it? (I'm genuinely asking because I really don't know anything about it)

Baseball may actually be the American equivalent of snooker in that they both attract fans who are indifferent to every other sport. Both also have their nerdy side- snooker is tactical, baseball has the stats. Stats-wise I suppose it's more like cricket though. Formula 1 is another one- lots of fans who don't care about other sports but obsess over tech specs and grid positions.

Sebastian Cobb

Sorry to hear that Blue Jam, I got a text off an old housemate out of the blue telling me his collie (I drove him to the farm to get her) sadly passed away a while ago. Rubbish innit.

Accidentally got on the wine last night. Had a nap and a G&T for lunch but it's given me a taste for more, ran out of tonic though.

Barry Admin

I think this thread is coming to the end of it's useful life tbh.

Edit: ok that last post was edited so it's no longer just about running out of tonic water, but still, some of this stuff could no go into new or existing threads, as this one is becoming less about dealing with covid related stresses etc, and turning more and more into "things that fuck you off no end."

Sebastian Cobb

Well I was only getting on the gin out of boredom and covid related frustration. And a hangover.

Blue Jam

Sorry to hear about your mate's Collie, dogs' tiddly lifespans are indeed rubbish.

Neil, fair points, I wouldn't have a problem if you locked it now. I was feeling down, then did some exercise and felt better, so that fits the mental health remit of this thread but perhaps we could have a few threads about how we're all coping with emerging blinking into the sunlight, or losing the Covid-belly. We've already got threads about going back to work, making life changes and booking holidays so I think that's fair enough.

Barry Admin

Yeah it's not just that post Sebastian, but it was a good example. I'll lock at page 20. New threads sounds good :-D

Edit: yes might as well just lock it now,  instead of having two pages of self-conscious posting. Feel free to start new threads, in here or GB, thanks.

bgmnts

Sorry to hear about the pub dog, pub dog's are institutions. It sounds like she had a good life.

Can everyone's loved ones stop dying please cheers.