Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:32:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fucking HELL I'm fed up: How are YOU doing?

Started by Blue Jam, April 14, 2020, 12:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

Quote from: Gregory Torso on April 14, 2020, 08:01:34 PM
Shit mate, I thought you were back in China. I'm kind of wishing I'd stayed there and not bothered coming back to this septic aisle.

Nah they placed the travel ban to fend off putrid laowhys just as I was getting ready to return. I hope your family are doing ok there, can't imagine what it's like not being able to see them, Im used to not seeing my girlfriend by now. I paid 4 months rent upfront for our new apartment at the start of March which is a communist dagger in the heart, wallet and balls.

sirhenry

Was doing fine, enjoying the time to focus on projects, be creative and get fit but then three days ago I went into the down phase of my emotional cycle. It turns out that even in lockdown, irrational fury at everyone else on the planet is still overwhelming and debilitating despite only seeing 2 other people in the last 3 weeks (other than a tedious and terrifying trip to the supermarket last week).

So I spent half the day today cleaning up the workshop in the local Hackspace, It's locked down, but having built a lot of it I have a key. By the time this is all over it's going to be spotless or I'll have no family members left alive. Tough decision.

non capisco

I long to give my doddery old mum a massive hug and I miss my pals.

jobotic

Quote from: non capisco on April 14, 2020, 11:56:03 PM

Yeah same. It's bollocks.

idunnosomename

i like how people get out of your way when you go for a walk though. i feel like a super badass. yeah you walk on the verge, punk. im street walkin'

Blue Jam

Has anyone else found their sleep pattern absolutely fucked by this? I keep going to bed at a reasonable hour, and getting up early-ish to do some workouts, only really having lie-ins at the weekend as usual, but I keep having to take naps in the afternoon, and waking up about three hours later feeling all lazy and guilty,
- and then still feeling tired enough to get to sleep at my usual bedtime.

Jasha

Quote from: jobotic on April 15, 2020, 12:07:47 AM
Yeah same. It's bollocks.

You leave his mum alone

Abnormal Palm

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 15, 2020, 06:34:57 PM
Has anyone else found their sleep pattern absolutely fucked by this? I keep going to bed at a reasonable hour, and getting up early-ish to do some workouts, only really having lie-ins at the weekend as usual, but I keep having to take naps in the afternoon, and waking up about three hours later feeling all lazy and guilty,
- and then still feeling tired enough to get to sleep at my usual bedtime.

Wake up every day at 4am and feeling absolutely leathered by 2pm. Bath/nap then can't sleep til midnight.

Jasha

My 30 minute commute now takes less than 10 but I still can't shift the habit of making sure I leave at the usual time. Coupled with being able to park in the first 20 spaces means I'm half an hour early every day

weekender

I'm fine, thanks for asking.

Got a fucking massive stash of Cup-A-Soup and Super Noodles that I'm not getting through as quickly as I expected, but could be worse.

Dewt

Sleeping is absolutely fucked. This is the first daytime I've had in weeks

weekender

You'll be fucked when you realise the clocks went forward then.

Dewt

Sebastian Cobb

I'm spending less time actually working but getting more stuff done.

I can only assume having to pretend to work when I don't really feel like working is counter-productive.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Dewt on April 15, 2020, 06:56:19 PM
Sleeping is absolutely fucked. This is the first daytime I've had in weeks

Went to bed nice and early last night. Got a lot of sleep, albeit with some weird and disturbing anxiety dreams.

Got up at 8.30 in a bid to reset my body clock. Went back to bed about an hour later because I was too tired to do anything. Fucksake.

SteveDave

I'm just super.

I found a lump on my right ball last week and I'm going for an ultrasound on it tomorrow afternoon.

Coupled with that, my mum had a "fall" and cracked her hip about 2 weeks ago which meant she was in hospital for a week. After being at home for a week on extra strength painkillers she's had to go back to hospital as she didn't recognise my sister, said my auntie was locked in the downstairs toilet and that it was 2017. So there's that too.

I think I might achieve some sort of mania at some point.

Brundle-Fly

Jesus! Sorry to hear all that SD.

'When it rains, it pours' Or a fucking monsoon, in this instance. Take care and keep us posted on how you're getting on.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

What a poignant post. Have a cyberhug from your old mucker Lisa JAMC ( if you don't think that's a bit gay).

Also, sorry to hear about your woes, SD.

Blue Jam

Sorry to hear about your mum and your ball, SD. All the best for the appointment tomorrow.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: SteveDave on April 16, 2020, 11:32:45 AM
I'm just super.

I found a lump on my right ball last week and I'm going for an ultrasound on it tomorrow afternoon.

Coupled with that, my mum had a "fall" and cracked her hip about 2 weeks ago which meant she was in hospital for a week. After being at home for a week on extra strength painkillers she's had to go back to hospital as she didn't recognise my sister, said my auntie was locked in the downstairs toilet and that it was 2017. So there's that too.

I think I might achieve some sort of mania at some point.

Hope things improve for you.

In all honesty, I've not minded the lockdown. It's given me a perspective on things I've taken for granted pretty much my whole life like being able to sit in a pub with friends or just walking freely around a fully stocked supermarket. I've saved a lot of money that I would have spent on mad nights out in town that I felt I should go to because sitting in on a Saturday night watching Casualty while everyone else is out is even more depressing than staggering around the Bigg Market + 2 days of hangover. Saving it for a trip abroad when things have calmed down. I don't get bored when I'm alone at home but I do feel for more social people (most other people, really) who are struggling, or anyone trapped in a negative home environment.

Puce Moment

Starting to get kicky legs / restless legs in bed a lot which I suspect is from unused energy. I am going to have to get on my cross trainer the moment my stupid body heals itself (my stomach has a perforation from vomitting too much).

Zopiclone obviously sorts that out, but I don't want to be taking that every night.

Blue Jam

Right now I really want to go to my local, get accosted by my favourite pub dog, and then have her bark at me and give me the stink-eye when I dare to pay attention to another dog.

I'm finding plenty to do to keep myself occupied, the one thing that's really driving me mad is staying within the same little radius around my flat. Going along the same few streets to the same few supermarkets etc. I've been looking up at Arthur's Seat and Salisbury Crags and noting the unusual absence of people up there and wondering if I dare go for a bit of a hike, or if the park wardens and the Fuzz are about. Today I'm going to head over to Holyrood Park for a bit of a walk before scarpering back.

Also I have just looked at my period tracker app and realised I am probably knackered because I have just popped an egg. Should get back on the melatonin for a couple of days.

jobotic

Yes best wishes SteveDave, to you and your mum.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 16, 2020, 01:32:23 PM
Right now I really want to go to my local, get accosted by my favourite pub dog, and then have her bark at me and give me the stink-eye when I dare to pay attention to another dog.

I'm finding plenty to do to keep myself occupied, the one thing that's really driving me mad is staying within the same little radius around my flat. Going along the same few streets to the same few supermarkets etc. I've been looking up at Arthur's Seat and Salisbury Crags and noting the unusual absence of people up there and wondering if I dare go for a bit of a hike, or if the park wardens and the Fuzz are about. Today I'm going to head over to Holyrood Park for a bit of a walk before scarpering back.

Also I have just looked at my period tracker app and realised I am probably knackered because I have just popped an egg. Should get back on the melatonin for a couple of days.

I think you're fine as long as you're just walking to places and back, they just don't want people hanging about. I went out for the first time in a week on Tuesday when it was nice and sunny out and went down to my local favourite spot, King Edward's Bay, where there'd usually be tons of people, and it was completely empty, not a soul, just the sound of the waves crashing and seagulls. I could have stayed there for hours but made sure I just walked a lap then headed home. But I felt so much better afterwards, just that 30 mins or so out of the house.

pigamus

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 16, 2020, 01:12:07 PM
Sorry to hear about your mum and your ball, SD.

Oh God I can't put this in the 'Last post that made you laugh out loud' thread can I

shiftwork2

Cautious optimism continues at work.  Here at least things are going to be...alright.

On a personal level I've been lucky enough to have retained a weekday routine at least.   It's let me keep all of this shit in perspective.  Whenever I talk to someone who is WFH or furloughed and venturing out very rarely then the difference in outlook is really apparent.  If I'd been at home for 24 days and inevitably watching too much news then I'd probably hyperventilate going to the co-op.

Thomas

Answering purely selfishly - with all the given caveats of horror, death, governmental negligence, and concern for others, and an acknowledgment of my own luck and privilege - I'm quite enjoying the bubble of lockdown.

My partner has been too busy with a Masters course for the past couple of years for us to imagine going on holiday, so there's been no disruption to our usual schedule, and I enjoy working from home. I find it very easy to close the work window and get on with other things.

I also work part time. It means I tend not to have anything left for 'saving' (a fictional concept I sometimes hear discussed by the elderly) once the rent and bills are paid, but I'm fiercely precious about free time - especially after a year working bollocks-long hours and weekends at a call centre. We're very lucky that the small business I work for has managed to remain secure.

I've been reading a lot of short stories and knuckling down to work on my own (thrilled to have had a few of them accepted by journals). More CaB than ever. Plenty of time with my cat. Beautiful weather, and our tiny patio is graced by the sun all day. I'm such a fussy eater than my diet has actually improved thanks to more diligent shopping trips.

BlodwynPig

Sick of hearing about colostomy bags and permed hair amidst Hyacinth Bucket titters

big al

I've had what is now obviously nothing worse than a cold, but  as I provide hands on care to my mam, I've had to have my sister round to help. And I am now feeling a bit guilty and ridiculous, even though I know I shouldn't.