Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:01:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

!!! - Wimblewrong 2020 First-Round Draw - !!!

Started by selectivememory, April 14, 2020, 11:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selectivememory

Welcome to your official Wimblewrong 2020 First-Round Draw thread. The draw will be posted here tomorrow (Wednesday 15th) at midday (BST). You can still sign up here if you haven't already.

In the meantime, here are the rules. I have amended one of the rules and added a new one (both in bold) - if anyone would like to object or suggest a better rule in place of either of those, now is the time to bring it up so we have the rules clarified before we begin. Or else, forever hold your peace (or hold it until next year anyway).

1. Each match will consist of two shots per player, except the final in which there are three shots per player.

2. The player with the opening shot (i.e. the server) can put what they want in their picture.  But all subsequent pictures (i.e the return) must contain, either visually or conceptually, an element of the previous picture.

3. The pictures will be 800 x 600, or 600 x 800 pixels in size.

4. Voting will take place by posting the name of your favourite in the game thread immediately after play has ended (i.e. when the 4th picture of each match has been posted).  The voting will last for 48 hours. In the event of a tie after the voting period has passed, the voting time will be extended by 12 hours, and if after that there is no winner, the next player to get a vote will win the tie.

5. Common sense prevails in image choice.

6. Pictures can be uploaded to places like imgur for those who have no webspace, but the picture must be displayed in the game thread.

7. In some cases it is necessary for one or more high-scoring losers to progress to the next round. High-scoring losers are simply those who get the most votes out of all the losing players in the round. If it comes down to two players who have the same number of votes, the player who lost by the smaller margin will progress as the high-scoring loser.

And a reminder of time permitted:  You have 72 hours to post an image from when the round starts or from when the last shot has been posted. Keep a look out on your game for when your opponent posts their shot, as it's from that time that the 72 hours start.

Because we have more players than usual wanting to take part this year, there are going to be six rounds, including the final. In the first couple of rounds there'll be quite a few high-scoring losers that will progress to the next round; currently we're looking at about five from the first round and four from the second, but I'll confirm when I do the draw.

Cheers

kittens

Crabwalk

Yes, cracking effort  selectivememory. This is going to be an absolute monster to manage, so we should all try and pitch in with keeping track of matches, voting etc.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Yep thanks for doing this. Should be a cracking tournament.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Ferris

Bazooka

I'll have a champions masturbation tonight, I know I'll win so treating myself early.

PlanktonSideburns

Spoon of Ploff

Cerys

All excited now.

No, not like that.

Maybe a bit like that.

It's my first time

I just hope I can make some of you laugh

PlanktonSideburns

Would it be wrong to keep a dossier on people who don't vote regularly and doxx them to paedohunters?

Cos it would be a shame not to do that again this year

selectivememory

Right, draw incoming in a little over an hour. Just to confirm the high-scoring loser situation, we have 38 players taking part this year. That means we'll have 19 winners in the first round, and five high-scoring losers. In the second round we'll have 12 winners and four high-scoring losers. And that'll bring us to the 16 we need left at the beginning of the third round.

selectivememory

So then, here's the draw. As always, those named first in the tie will serve, and you have until midday Saturday 18/04 (BST) to prepare and post your serves.

Tie 1: alan nagsworth vs Piggyoioi
Tie 2: wasp_f15ting vs touchingcloth
Tie 3: ZoyzaSorris vs Small Man Big Horse
Tie 4: Cerys vs Wonderful Butternut
Tie 5: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops vs Ian Drunken Smurf
Tie 6: madhair60 vs selectivememory
Tie 7: finnquark vs Crabwalk
Tie 8: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien vs pancreas
Tie 9: Miles vs Lordofthefiles
Tie 10: Kryton vs BlodwynPig
Tie 11: Tension Knob vs hedgehog90
Tie 12: Bazooka vs kittens
Tie 13: Spoon of Ploff vs Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse
Tie 14: Pdine vs Prison Biscuits
Tie 15: Johnny Yesno vs Absorb the anus burn
Tie 16: PlanktonSideburns vs tookish
Tie 17: hamfist vs QDRPHNC
Tie 18: rue the polywhirl vs idunnosomename
Tie 19: Old Thrashbarg vs Dr Trouser

Before we get going, I'd like to remind everyone that your shots need to be either 600 x 800 or 800 x 600 pixels in size. It's not a hard thing to get right, so please make sure you do. Thanks.

Servers might want to PM their opponents once they've played their first shots. Most people seem to have been online though in the last couple of days, so hopefully no one will forget that they're playing.

Alright, get cracking then. Best of luck to everyone!

BlodwynPig

Johnny Yesno

Fuck! I'm going to be out in the first round.

Small Man Big Horse

Thanks for all your hard work SM, if it's ever legal to do so again I will shake you by the hand and give you a gentle slap on the back to show my appreciation.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee (refreshes forum compulsively)

QDRPHNC

Spoon of Ploff

I'll PM you once I've posted my serve Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on April 15, 2020, 10:25:47 PM
I'll PM you once I've posted my serve Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse
Oh sorry, I didn't mean to pressure you! I'm just getting so over-excited :) Thank you, though!

selectivememory

Apropos of nothing, I'd just like to quote myself from yesterday:

Quote from: selectivememory on April 15, 2020, 11:58:10 AM
Before we get going, I'd like to remind everyone that your shots need to be either 600 x 800 or 800 x 600 pixels in size. It's not a hard thing to get right, so please make sure you do. Thanks.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: selectivememory on April 16, 2020, 11:55:18 AM
Apropos of nothing, I'd just like to quote myself from yesterday:

selectivememory at the end of this tournament

selectivememory

selectivememory at the end of today more like

hey all https://pixlr.com/ allows you to choose an 800 x 600 canvas if you choose the E version and click New Image.

Old Thrashbarg

Or if you want to work at a higher resolution, pick something else that's 4x3 and scale down. 1600x1200, 1920x1440, etc.