Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:00:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Captain Tom Moore

Started by weekender, April 15, 2020, 06:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Z

Legitimate annoyance that the same rules don't appear to apply to everyone = trolling.

frajer

"How DARE you criticise a family flying to Barbados for a cheeky holiday during a global pandemic. Dad's final wish was to wear shorts and die of Covid and we made bloody sure he did both, alright?"

Zetetic

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on February 17, 2021, 09:53:38 AM
'You can do or be anything you want to be' were allegedly his final words.
Which, in the context of subsequent events, strongly suggests he wanted to be dead.

JamesTC

Quote from: Zetetic on February 17, 2021, 11:39:43 AM
Which, in the context of subsequent events, strongly suggests he wanted to be dead.

And memorialised as a papier mache golem and snowman.

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 17, 2021, 10:45:22 AM

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/feb/17/captain-sir-tom-moore-daughter-trolling-broken-heart

QuoteIngram-Moore said her father had wanted to come home to a slap-up meal after he was admitted to hospital with coronavirus.

What, at a big table full of four-feet piles of bangers and mash, with the Bash Street Kids there, rubbing their stomachs and salivating, while saying, 'slurp!  Lovely grub!'

frajer

Fair play, I'd quite like my final word on this plane of existence to be "Sloo"

idunnosomename

i know we all have had a lot of jolly larks saying her father is a rotten rapist (which he is) but this is a pretty obvious media attempt from the Captain Are Tom Foundation to use the culture-war topic of "vile trolls who hate Britain" to stay relevant.

oh a massive public figure who invited fawning mail received, among MILLIONS, some that said "hahah fuck you old cunt" and the family decided not to show it to him. wow. fucking news.

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on February 17, 2021, 11:58:56 AM
What, at a big table full of four-feet piles of bangers and mash, with the Bash Street Kids there, rubbing their stomachs and salivating, while saying, 'slurp!  Lovely grub!'

considering the level of cartoonish reality this whole fucking nonsense operates on, basically yes? that's exactly what she's insinuating?

Replies From View

'You can do or be anything you want to be' were allegedly his final words.

Ferris

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/feb/17/captain-sir-tom-moore-daughter-trolling-broken-heart

An astonishing sentence: "Before he died, Moore got to tick a holiday in the Caribbean off his bucket list when the family travelled to Barbados just before Christmas."

Why didn't the man famous for working in subtropical Burma ever find the time to mention his lifelong ambition to visit somewhere very hot?

idunnosomename

that was before the introduction of Lilt in the 1970s gave him the ambition to go somewhere totally tropical

Quote from: Replies From View on February 17, 2021, 12:35:25 PM

And who wouldn't want to become suddenly immune to a poisonous white foam previously fatal upon contact?

Bernice

JamesTC

I don't think anybody would have expected a 100-year-old to be reading Twitter. Not even the "trolls" would have imagined a scenario in which the family read out the horrible messages.

"Coleen from Ireland thinks you are lovely and wishes you a merry Christmas. Robert from Northampton says you are an inspiration to us all, isn't that lovely? Funter Tunter from Scotland says he thinks you are a prick and that you did fuck all to help the NHS"

Replies From View

frajer

Quote from: JamesTC on February 17, 2021, 01:41:39 PM
I don't think anybody would have expected a 100-year-old to be reading Twitter. Not even the "trolls" would have imagined a scenario in which the family read out the horrible messages.

"Oh shit he's trying to log in again, quick get him out in that garden. Dad! The NHS remains underfunded and it's stopped snowing!"

Fambo Number Mive

Did the BBC ask to see any evidence of actual trolling? Of course they didn't.

Once Prince Phil goes, it'll be 'Captain Who!?'

Quote from: Butchers Blind on February 17, 2021, 10:38:52 AM
I heard his final words were "I loved them all. They were all my boys".

Asian Bum Foundation.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

'You can do or be anything you want to be' were allegedly his final words.  I suspect they were more likely to have been something along the lines of 'urrgh-eeaggh-urrggh!'

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1392497/Captain-tom-dead-final-words-covid-captain-sir-tom-moore-instagram-twitter

Yes, what are the odds his very last living words were an inspiring parting message rather than something like 'hagaharrggghh... need to do toilet'

DrGreggles

His last words were probably something about "darkies" and then he pissed his pants again.

Just spotted this in the upcoming autobiographies section on Amazon.

C_Larence

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 17, 2021, 03:51:12 PM
His last words were probably something about "darkies" and then he pissed his pants again.

Upon seeing her nurse, my barber's mum's final words were "wouldn't it be awful to be that black". Died seconds later. I imagine are Tom's were similar.

Quote from: Better Midlands on February 17, 2021, 03:59:20 PM
Just spotted this in the upcoming autobiographies section on Amazon.

Flip's sake!  For a second, I thought she was doing her Dad's biography, which would have been bad enough.

Then the penny dropped - she's doing a fucking autobiography; her own amazing, egotistical story!

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

Phoenix, I have an early review copy in front of me if you're interested, £50 cash only, PM me  RARE +++ COLLECTABLE +++ GOOD BOOK

BlodwynPig

lol

If you look in her eyes, it's alm no dont bother

"People are hating us"

Us? You mean 'me'. Also very narcissistic to focus on the small minority (of correct thinkers) who will have spunked some hatred onto infamous HATE site "Twitter". She should revel in her wealth and all the goodwill from "It's Life" magazine readers up and down the land. Pathetic cunt.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: C_Larence on February 17, 2021, 04:25:27 PM
Upon seeing her nurse, my barber's mum's final words were "wouldn't it be awful to be that black". Died seconds later. I imagine are Tom's were similar.

Classic - did it go on her gravestone too?

JamesTC

Wonder if Captain Tom has been reincarnated yet.

A couple of times over, yeah. It took him a few goes to be a successful bacteria on account of how idle he became.