Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:23:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Captain Tom Moore

Started by weekender, April 15, 2020, 06:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on February 17, 2021, 06:38:34 PM
A couple of times over, yeah. It took him a few goes to be a successful bacteria on account of how idle he became.

He's a virus... Windsor Variant which is 100 times more lethal than the Kent Vid. Way to wreck your legacy. B.Tom.1.0.

Jasha

Quote from: Better Midlands on February 17, 2021, 03:59:20 PM
Just spotted this in the upcoming autobiographies section on Amazon.

Hannah says there's hope for all you CaB baldies

Twit 2

Insane. The world is insane. "They're (literally) buying it!" they laugh.

chveik

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 17, 2021, 09:11:52 PM
In fairness I think the artists on that site have a learning disability or learning disabilities.

Shit at learning drawing apparently.

flotemysost

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on February 17, 2021, 09:53:38 AM
'You can do or be anything you want to be' were allegedly his final words.  I suspect they were more likely to have been something along the lines of 'urrgh-eeaggh-urrggh!'

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1392497/Captain-tom-dead-final-words-covid-captain-sir-tom-moore-instagram-twitter

Some great comments under that article.

QuoteWhat a cracking end to a life, that's how to go out on top. We are all the better for having known him, even if it is via the TV. RIP

QuoteAnd already there's talk about a statue of Captain Tom. What the betting that in 400 years time the Wokes will throw it into the Bristol Estuary as it glorifies a warrior who fought in the war in the far east. One can't glorify killing, even if its in the name of your country and for freedom.
It would be interesting to see how many of these Wokes are pacifists and contentious objectors if they were called up to serve.

QuoteReminds me of Eddie and the Hot rods song

Anyway those almost certainly weren't his final uttered words - they were the words in the final tweet posted under his account, most likely composed by his daughter or someone I'm guessing. Would be a huge coincidence if he also said that exact sentence out loud and then carked it.

Bernice

Most my objections are contentious.

Fambo Number Mive

I like the idea of the "Wokes" carrying the statue all the way to the Bristol Estuary (I presume it will be put up where Captain Sir Tom lived).

Imagine being concerned about what will happen to a statue 400 years in the future, and assuming that objections to status will be widened from white supremacists and slave traders to anyone who fought in a war. For all we know, society 400 years from now might be so different that only people who fought in a war are allowed to have statues.

I hope CAB still exists 400 years from now, even if it's now accessible via the Holodeck or something.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on February 17, 2021, 09:14:58 PM
Shit at learning drawing apparently.

It's a much better job than I could do. Aside from the hair and glasses, I think it looks ok.

flotemysost

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 17, 2021, 09:24:51 PM
I like the idea of the "Wokes" carrying the statue all the way to the Bristol Estuary (I presume it will be put up where Captain Sir Tom lived).

Imagine being concerned about what will happen to a statue 400 years in the future, and assuming that objections to status will be widened from white supremacists and slave traders to anyone who fought in a war. For all we know, society 400 years from now might be so different that only people who fought in a war are allowed to have statues.

I hope CAB still exists 400 years from now, even if it's now accessible via the Holodeck or something.

If it's a faithful likeness the statue will surely depict Sir Tom with one leathery paw resting lightly on a young Asian boy's arse, thus appeasing the Wokes' desire for diversity and multicultural representation.

Cuellar

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 17, 2021, 09:22:59 PM
move over Chris (Simpsons artist)

QuoteVenture Arts is a supported studio working with learning disabled artist in Manchester.

Right you're cancelled

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on February 17, 2021, 11:58:56 AM
Ingram-Moore said her father had wanted to come home to a slap-up meal after he was admitted to hospital with coronavirus.
I was sad for about five seconds and then I read the rest of the thread.

Butchers Blind

This Thursday 7pm, have a 'slap-up meal' for ARE TOM on your doorstep.

bgmnts

Quote"It was just amazing," Ingram-Moore said. "He sat in 29 degrees outside, he read two novels, he read the newspapers every day, and we sat and we talked as a family, we went to restaurants, because we could there, and he ate fish on the beach and what a wonderful thing to do.

Absolutely gutted for them, it sounds like hell.

Cunts.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Cuellar on February 17, 2021, 10:47:16 PM
Right you're cancelled
Against CaB general opinion I still rather like Chris (Simpsons artist) for his endearing naivety so it is praise

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on February 18, 2021, 12:38:06 AM
Absolutely gutted for them, it sounds like hell.

Cunts.

It's like a Little Fluffy Clouds monologue outtake.

Butchers Blind

Cuellar

That guy is 35?! He looks like shit.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on February 17, 2021, 01:10:45 PM
And who wouldn't want to become suddenly immune to a poisonous white foam previously fatal upon contact?

I thought it was what Tom sees as his life flashes before his eyes

Chedney Honks

You can do or be anything you want to be?

FUCK THAT SHIT

You can do or be anything you want to do or be.

Bernice

I think the point Caption Tom was trying to make is that essence precedes existence, which, when you think about it, is probably at the root of a lot of his racial theories.

Captain Z

You can do, or be, or have, or get, or achieve, or create anything you want to do, or be, or have, or achieve, or have or, hang on what was the last one again?

Butchers Blind

I doubt those were his last words. More like, "Hannah, you fucking bitch!"

Jasha

They had to be his last words as Hannah had already signed off on the autobiography title

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

oh you fools as if he was allowed to speak

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on February 18, 2021, 10:33:25 AM
How can you treat a national hero this way-dragging him through the courts?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14075420/captain-sir-tom-moore-troll-pictured/

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on December 05, 2020, 12:47:01 PM
As the OP, I was under the impression that the Mail was the main one not to post.  I shall mentally add the Sun to that list for future reference.

Nudge nudge.