Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:36:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Captain Tom Moore

Started by weekender, April 15, 2020, 06:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: hamfist on February 27, 2021, 01:22:14 PM
Jesus fucking christ.

I saw a bus driving between York and Selby which said "RIP Captain Sir Tom" on the front matrix display thingy.

Who is that for and why is it required ?

I really hate living in this fucking country, really genuinely do.

Nigh on 35 years of this sentiment for me. Does wonders for the old ticker.

JamesTC

Perhaps they have renamed York to "RIP Captain Sir Tom" and the bus was just telling you where it is going.

Quote from: kalowski on February 27, 2021, 01:11:35 PM
Was Cap Tom a Liverpool fan?

He knocked out a cash-in cover version of it with Michael Ball, presumably because it had the word 'walk' in it.

Sadly he died before he could drop his 'Walk This Way' cover with Michael Bublé as the barnstorming second single.

Fambo Number Mive

HS2 will be named the Captain Sir Tom line if it ever opens. All stations will have pictures of Tom in the waiting rooms and the tannoys will play quotes from Tom's autobiography in between train announcements.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 27, 2021, 02:13:47 PM
HS2 will be named the Captain Sir Tom line if it ever opens. All stations will have pictures of Tom in the waiting rooms and the tannoys will play quotes from Tom's autobiography in between train announcements.

Tomorrow will be a good day and also the expected arrival of your next train to London - Boris Station. Sorry for any inconvenience, but don't grumble, Tom is watching you from Heaven.

If after today we hear no more of Hannah, tomorrow will be a good day.

idunnosomename

Tomorrow will be a shit day

Fambo Number Mive

Fambo Number Mive

It's good that his family asked for people to plant trees in memory of Captain Tom though.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 27, 2021, 03:59:25 PM
It's good that his family asked for people to plant trees in memory of Captain Tom though.

in what way?

Fambo Number Mive

It will encourage people to plant more trees.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 27, 2021, 04:17:58 PM

How many? Enough? Nah...it's twee and will not have the unnecessary impact. If instead, they changed their charity to focus on climate change, which involved supporting renaturing / rewilding projects, that! I could get behind, even if fronted by Gervais and Barlow.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 27, 2021, 04:17:58 PM

'Cpt Tom Fertiliser' - Each bag contains at least 2% Cpt Tom.

Quote from: Butchers Blind on February 27, 2021, 04:54:05 PM
'Cpt Tom Fertiliser' - Each bag contains at least 2% Cpt Tom.

Or patent manure.

idunnosomename

we will be seeing more of hannah if she chooses. she's not a woman you say no to, because she has the right connections. and she was born of captain sir tom, hero of the COVID-19 pandemic.

if she wants she can get a this is your life at the drop of a hat

chveik

show some respect to your next prime minister.

JamesTC

Get Hannah to marry the Queen when Phil dies and then she can take over as our new leader when Liz carks it. I think that is how it works.

hamfist

They buried Zimmerframe Jesus yesterday.

This is like the bit in movies when the immediate danger has passed and a false sense of security pervades the team of protagonists.

But remember the original Jesus : he rose again.

There will be a second coming of Tom, reborn as a 100ft mecha or something, smashing buildings and people under the wheels of his rollator.

JamesTC

Clearly his funeral was an incredibly important piece of news that has been given the prominence it deserves.

The Panini stickers get more space than him.

Quote from: JamesTC on February 28, 2021, 11:10:36 AM
Clearly his funeral was an incredibly important piece of news that has been given the prominence it deserves.

The Panini stickers get more space than him.

That guy at the top of the page looks like that patronising knob who led the job club I had to attend during my era of long-term unemployment.

SpiderChrist

Pat Sharp was your restart fella? Blimey. Really sorry to hear that.

idunnosomename

Use your body and your brain: if you want to get a job you feckless plebian

Butchers Blind

Quote from: hamfist on February 28, 2021, 10:26:36 AM

There will be a second coming of Tom, reborn as a 100ft mecha or something, smashing buildings and people under the wheels of his rollator.

A laser shoots from the robo penis of Mecha ARETOM destroying an infant schooĺ. Hannah looks on with glee, "I told you he was old".

idunnosomename

you'll never walk uuuul-la

jenna appleseed

kalowski

Quote from: jenna appleseed on March 01, 2021, 02:36:21 AM
Bad tribute poem is bad

Good Knight, Captain Tom
These bad poems always choose the AABB... rhyme scheme, don't they?