Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:29:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Captain Tom Moore

Started by weekender, April 15, 2020, 06:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Quote from: Kankurette on April 01, 2021, 07:00:00 PM
There's a nice one of Marcus Rashford where I live. It's by the same guy.
i mean he's good, is he being paid by Andy Burnham (silver screen, hang him on the wa-aw-awll)

flotemysost

I'd be fucking petrified if I stumbled round the corner on the way home after a night out and saw this hulking over me.

It is a good painting.

I do wonder if Tom, in his twilight moments in the limelight, ever felt a bit miffed that all the tribute drawings, effigies, cakes, tattoos etc. only ever depict him as a jowly liver-spotted old cunt. I know obviously that's the stage he was at when he became Sir King Lord Are Tom, but surely as an icon/hero you'd want to be preserved unto the national conscience in your youthful prime, not when you look the shittest you'll most likely ever look.

bgmnts

What if that's the best he's ever looked?

idunnosomename

there were some two-face ones with him as the bum-fluff lipped uniformed child rapist

El Unicornio, mang

I guess that's how everyone knows him. If they did one of him when he was young everyone would just think "who's that mustachio'd cunt on the wall?".

BlodwynPig

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on April 02, 2021, 11:37:52 AM
I guess that's how everyone knows him. If they did one of him when he was young everyone would just think "who's that mustachio'd cunt on the wall?".

Don't see the point of such murals.

"Oi cunt! DOFF YOUR FUCKING CAP WHEN YOU WALK PAST ARE TOM OR I'LL FUCKING SMAAAAAASHHHH YOU INTO NEXT CENTURY"

Kankurette

It's creepy. Unlike the Rashford one, I like walking through Withington and seeing his giant smiling face on a wall.

idunnosomename

Poppies are a nice touch. Barely look incongruous anymore

Shoulders?-Stomach!

And they wonder why we reject all this

idunnosomename

Wonder how they made the bodies

frajer

Pounding on the glass but they won't let him out. They'll never let you out Tom.

Kankurette

I wonder if that nutjob who made a chocolate chopper is going to make a chocolate Tom Moore.

imitationleather

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/apr/06/family-of-captain-sir-tom-moore-issue-charity-challenge-to-nation

What will you be doing? Say 100 horrible things about Sir Tommy? Do a 100 crappy Wrongs in MS Paint? Rape and/or murder 100 brown kids?

BlodwynPig

Can this family fuck off now?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

BlodwynPig

I heard from a TV insider that Hannah and children will be hosting a new prime time quiz show in the autumn - a mixture of quiz and physical challenges.

I heard from a journalist friend that Hannah has been lined up to write a weekly column in the Mail on Sunday.

I heard from a economist friend that Hannah is likely to be listed in Forbes in the forthcoming breakdown of wealthiest females in the UK.

I heard from a movie mogul that Hannah has been given an executive producer credit on a movie of her and her father's lives currently in production with MiniMax Studios.

Chedney Honks

I heard from a human trafficker that Hannah sourced the wares

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on April 06, 2021, 08:19:29 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/apr/06/family-of-captain-sir-tom-moore-issue-charity-challenge-to-nation

What will you be doing? Say 100 horrible things about Sir Tommy? Do a 100 crappy Wrongs in MS Paint? Rape and/or murder 100 brown kids?

Gonna shout "Tom Moore is a cunt" 100 times in a public place.

Chollis

The Ingram-Moores will only be asking for a 1% cut too, for administrative costs.

Butchers Blind

I will do a 100 wanks with only Hannah as my inspiration. For ARETOM!

BlodwynPig

Captain Tom Museum
Captain Tom Cathedral
Captain Tom Internment Camp for Non-Whites
Captain Tom Asylum for leftists

SpiderChrist

He is The New Christ. In the sense that cunts will carry on trying to make a few quid out of him for many years to come.

idunnosomename

Why do they keep avoiding the part where this silly old cunt managed to be killed by the very disease he got famous for raising money for in the first place.

Chedney Honks

Like what the fuck is a hundred year old guy doing out and about to catch the fucking shit in the first place 😂😂😂 (genuine emojis)

frajer

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 06, 2021, 11:19:24 AM
Why do they keep avoiding the part where this silly old cunt managed to be killed by the very disease he got famous for raising money for in the first place.

Covid-19 to be renamed Captain Tom's Phantasmagorical Viral Ride in honour of its most valiant foe.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on April 06, 2021, 10:22:35 AM
The cap'n Tom museum's ahoy.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/walk-this-way-for-the-captain-tom-museum/ar-BB1fkob6

That's just bizarre. People trekking across the country to look at Captain Tom's clothes and medals. Will there be a cafe where you can enjoy your Captain Tom sandwiches and soft drinks? No doubt Johnson and Keith will compete to be the first to have their picture taken there.

Why not just ask people to raise money for charity without the 100 theme? There are a couple of local charities that are very important to me and people in the local area, but I'm no good at raising money even without being asked to use this "100 botty tugs" or whatever theme. Maybe I could be sponsored to do 100 posts in HS Art or something.

Would Captain Tom really have wanted a museum?