Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:00:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Captain Tom Moore

Started by weekender, April 15, 2020, 06:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

What's actually happening for this memorial day thing?

Fambo Number Mive

Wonder if Johnson and Hancock will release their "100 challenge" videos.

DrGreggles

"I paid 100 times over the odds for some wallpaper in tribute to Sir Captain of Tom!"

JamesTC

John Barrowman is planning on getting his cock out 100 times for Captain Tom.

frajer

Fambo Number Mive

Johnson's trying to muscle in on the Captain Tom 100 day: https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1388081995461369860

Maybe he'll eat 100 plates of caviar or call Kier Starmer "Captain Hindsight" 100 times.

I note the Tory Party member in the comments claiming the NHS is a business.

frajer

"I am proud to call him another fine body in the pile. Here's to many more."

Fr.Bigley

Judi needs to shove a hundred malteasers up her arse for a hundred days to reach the same level of discomfort that old Tom had to endure spawning that daughter of his.

JamesTC

Just heard Judi Dench has died of diabetes. RIP

DrGreggles

Did this even happen?
I've seen 0 references to it outside this thread.

JamesTC

Butchers Blind

More impressive if she shoved them up her lady parts.

idunnosomename

Is she taking the piss actually? If so well done.

JamesTC

Quote from: BBCCapt Sir Tom Moore's granddaughter Georgia, 12, said the challenge was about people doing things they enjoyed.

"Do what you love like baking and sport, anything you love," she said.

Various celebrities have come up with their own "100 challenge".

Dame Judi Dench will be eating 100 chocolates, Dame Jessica Ennis-Hill is set to take on 100 pogo jumps and Joe Root will hit a cricket ball 100 times.

Ideas suggested include walking 100 steps, scoring 100 goals, baking 100 cakes or writing a 100-word poem, all while adhering to social distancing guidelines.

Ms Ingram-Moore said her father "loved the beach so he would have said build 100 sandcastles or jump 100 waves".

Unfortunately I am unable to write a 100-word poem without breaching social distancing.

Dex Sawash

steve98

Wonder if sex-beast Noel Clarke can get in on this: Associate himself with Captain Tom and thereby find redemption in the nation's eyes. Go for it Noel, do something crazy for Tom, and win our hearts back.

Quote from: BBC on May 01, 2021, 11:44:31 AM
Capt Sir Tom Moore's granddaughter Georgia, 12, said the challenge was about people doing things they enjoyed.

"Do what you love like baking and sport, anything you love," she said.

Various celebrities have come up with their own "100 challenge".

Dame Judi Dench will be eating 100 chocolates, Dame Jessica Ennis-Hill is set to take on 100 pogo jumps and Joe Root will hit a cricket ball 100 times.

Ideas suggested include walking 100 steps, scoring 100 goals, baking 100 cakes or writing a 100-word poem, all while adhering to social distancing guidelines.

Ms Ingram-Moore said her father "loved the beach so he would have said build 100 sandcastles or jump 100 waves".

This is just Morris and Baynham riffing on 100-themed events:

"Tom Robinson is going to release a new version of his biggest hit which goes 2-4-6-8-10-12-14-16-18 up to 100 Motorway."
"Bill Withers is going to attempt to hold on to one note while a backing singer sings 100 lovely days."
etc

Kankurette

Who the shit has the time or patience to build 100 sandcastles or bake 100 cakes?

These people don't live in the real world.

Ferris

Even if it was 10 cakes, you're pushing it.

I'll bake a cake and eat it at home, but then I'm no better than Judi "malteasers" dench.

Butchers Blind

What if everyone started baking 100 cakes? This is a recipe for disaster.

JamesTC

Lash the cakes in Dench's greedy gob.

mothman

Quote from: steve98 on May 01, 2021, 12:50:03 PM
Wonder if sex-beast Noel Clarke can get in on this: Associate himself with Captain Tom and thereby find redemption in the nation's eyes. Go for it Noel, do something crazy for Tom, and win our hearts back.

What, just 74 more women to go?

Ferris

Why has Dench done this? She can't need the money and if she genuinely gave a shit she'd probably push the boat out a bit further than "eat some chocolate at home". Is she after more acting work? It's all very odd.

QuoteJD: What? No, tell them I'm not interested.

Agent: think it could be a good PR exercise Judi, and I got some interest from the guys at Malteasers to do a tie-in. Could be good money in it. Could be win-win.

idunnosomename

as i say i like to think shes taking the piss

btw no national treasure stanning. she was Elizabeth in Shakespeare in Love right? oh and M in Bond. and a bunch of legit stage stuff. but otherwise who cares

turnstyle

Quote from: mothman on May 01, 2021, 09:17:06 PM
What, just 74 more women to go?

So Solid Crew consider rewrite.

BlodwynPig

Seems the English have moved on from gerontoworship

Butchers Blind

Back into pubs from Monday. Tom who?

idunnosomename

Guess hes just going be making inspirational memes now from beyond the grave

https://mobile.twitter.com/captaintommoore/status/1392874953415004168

JamesTC