Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:15:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Captain Tom Moore

Started by weekender, April 15, 2020, 06:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Fambo Number Mive

New Captain Tom memorial in Derby

QuoteThis mural of Sir Captain Tom Moore has appeared in Chaddesden Park

"Small acts when multiplied by millions of people can transform the world."

Also a goods train has been named after Captain Tom:

https://twitter.com/Burbagefox1/status/1422630488443871233

Cold Meat Platter

BREAKING NEWS: Planet Earth to be renamed in honour of Sir Lord Captain Tom

Welcome to Turbononce Prime

Butchers Blind

Captain Tom is so last year.

Cold Meat Platter

How can someone be a year

idunnosomename

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 10, 2021, 09:43:52 AM
2020 WAS Captain Tom

He needed glasses, so he sure didn't have 2020 vision.

Butchers Blind

Cpt Tom will always be associated with Covid and in the passage of time people will come to believe he was the root cause and will be vilified like Hitler.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Much missed

Is he alright?

idunnosomename

Quote from: Butchers Blind on August 10, 2021, 07:56:55 PM
Cpt Tom will always be associated with Covid and in the passage of time people will come to believe he was the root cause and will be vilified like Hitler.
was Sir Tom 131 years old??!?

Replies From View

What kind of warped individual chooses to have their own baby photo printed on corrugated card.  Or is it some kind of valance.  Grave anyway.

chveik

he's with the angles and baby hitler

Fambo Number Mive

Saw Captain Tom's GWR train at Oxford station this week. Didn't get a picture though.

Captain Z

Hope he pulls (the carriages) through

JamesTC

He's just pretending to be dead as an insurance scam, I bet. He tweeted the England team good luck at the Euros for god's sake. Dead people can't tweet.

Kankurette

Jasha

Quote from: JamesTC on August 22, 2021, 09:02:22 PM
He's just pretending to be dead as an insurance scam, I bet. He tweeted the England team good luck at the Euros for god's sake. Dead people can't tweet.

Currently running a canoe rental kiosk in Panama

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteTwo memorial benches have been unveiled in Grantham, paying tribute to the lives of Captain Sir Tom Moore and those who died during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The two benches, created by Chris Kennedy of Roll & Scroll, can be found at St Peter's Hill in Grantham...

The bench honouring him includes images of Captain Tom both as a soldier and during his fundraiser later in life, as well as a map of Asia with war memorabilia and the words "tomorrow will be a good day" and "you'll never walk alone"...
https://thelincolnite.co.uk/2021/10/striking-memorial-benches-for-captain-tom-and-covid-19-victims-unveiled-in-grantham/

Not sure why the heart is yellow for the memorial for everyone who died of covid.

SpiderChrist

£10 to the first CABber to spraypaint the word CUNT on both benches

George Oscar Bluth II

Occasionally I remember that British Airways effectively killed Captain Sir Lord Tom and suffered absolutely no backlash

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on October 11, 2021, 07:01:24 PM
Occasionally I remember that British Airways effectively killed Captain Sir Lord Tom and suffered absolutely no backlash

How dare you begrudge this great man his final wish of going to Barbados and getting killed off Russ Abbot.

Cuellar

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on October 11, 2021, 05:16:06 PM
https://thelincolnite.co.uk/2021/10/striking-memorial-benches-for-captain-tom-and-covid-19-victims-unveiled-in-grantham/

Not sure why the heart is yellow for the memorial for everyone who died of covid.

There's one in Cowley Marsh Park if you fancy having a nice sit down in East Oxford.

Or there was a few months ago.

Ferris

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on October 12, 2021, 12:08:48 PM
How dare you begrudge this great man his final wish of going to Barbados and getting killed off Russ Abbot.

Weekend at Bernie's except they wheel Bernie around doing media interviews and insist he is saying he wants PR-hungry corporations and passersby to shower them with gifts and praise (and money).

No you can't confirm that with him directly, as he is very tired.

Ferris

Remember when they were caught red-handed selling "signed" copies of his autobiography (conveniently released just in time for Christmas) but they weren't signed, they were rubber stamped? And the excuse was "well we promised a large volume of signed ones to our supplier but the old boy was too tired to sign them all so we made a stamp and did that instead".

And everyone went "oh right ok as you were then mate", and not 'so you contracted out an unrealistic amount of physical work on behalf of a nonagenarian who, when he wasn't up to the task, you just faked it anyway defrauding the public and your suppliers? In the name of profiting off of him and the good nature of random gullible punters? What the fuck lads?'

Still freaks my nut out to this day.

idunnosomename

lmao would be in thatcher town

flotemysost

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 12, 2021, 01:54:06 PM
Remember when they were caught red-handed selling "signed" copies of his autobiography (conveniently released just in time for Christmas) but they weren't signed, they were rubber stamped? And the excuse was "well we promised a large volume of signed ones to our supplier but the old boy was too tired to sign them all so we made a stamp and did that instead".

And everyone went "oh right ok as you were then mate", and not 'so you contracted out an unrealistic amount of physical work on behalf of a nonagenarian who, when he wasn't up to the task, you just faked it anyway defrauding the public and your suppliers? In the name of profiting off of him and the good nature of random gullible punters? What the fuck lads?'

Still freaks my nut out to this day.

Pah, as if his wrists weren't up to multitudes of repetitive actions in a single sitting.

The Mollusk

Once again I see it's one bench for him and one for the rest of us. This country.

Inspector Norse

Quotea map of Asia with war memorabilia and the words "tomorrow will be a good day" and "you'll never walk alone"

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Bread and olives for the table?

Ferris

Quote from: The Mollusk on October 13, 2021, 07:33:43 AM
Once again I see it's one bench for him and one for the rest of us. This country.

He has two benches according to the article.

Justice? Not in this life, mate.