Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:32:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2020 Round One - Cerys v Wonderful Butternut

Started by Cerys, April 15, 2020, 06:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

BlodwynPig

Bazooka

I love Where's Wally, Cerys for the first, good game.

Small Man Big Horse

Bloody hard to choose but Cerys' first just edges it.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Wonderful Butternut for excellent creativity and because their first return was also the first pic of the competition to make me laugh out loud. "Feverish Covid Haze" made it.

Bence Fekete

Considering this is my first ever vote on here it's truly a tough one. Very nice returns but Cerys for me.

wasp_f15ting

Cerys for the opener, but damn that Cthulu cat is so funny!

rue the polywhirl

Old Thrashbarg

Spoon of Ploff

blah blah blah:

Spoiler alert
For me (Clive) the first half of this match is where the best work by both players took place, and I had them at level pegging... maybe with Butters just ahead - his Carman Sandiego a great return to Cerys' strong serve.

After that the second half fell a bit flat (for me). Cerys' shot did draw a combination groan and chuckle with its terrible riff on 'Where In the World', but Butters final shot left me cold... just a cat head on a Cthulu..? perhaps I'm missing something? It wouldn't be the first time.
[close]

So for me the vote has to go to Cerys

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Crabwalk

PlanktonSideburns

kittens

idunnosomename

butternut for some clever counter-subversion. cheeky.

Absorb the anus burn

hedgehog90

Sorry, I don't know who Carman Sandiego is so Cerys, but really enjoyed wb's last shot.

selectivememory

Cerys wins this one 23-8. Good game though Wonderful Butternut. You had a tough draw to be fair.

Cerys

I'm pretty gobsmacked about this - the minute I saw WB's beautiful final shot I was convinced I was out.  Thanks for a Wonderful Butternut, game game, Butternut.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Cerys on April 20, 2020, 09:13:17 PM
I'm pretty gobsmacked about this - the minute I saw WB's beautiful final shot I was convinced I was out.  Thanks for a Wonderful Butternut, game game, Butternut.

I think the link from cat pictures at the core of the earth to Cheezeburger Cat as one of the Old Ones in his underwater city might have been a bit too tangental.

You came up good stuff and I don't feel hard done by. Well played.

Cerys

Wasn't too tangential as far as I was concerned. Ah well.  Thanks again :)

Shoulders?-Stomach!