Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:52:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2020 - Round One - PlanktonSideburns vs tookish

Started by PlanktonSideburns, April 15, 2020, 08:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

hey yall. got a deadline for uni on friday so just gonna smash these out no bov. dont got time for all the shenanz like last time

Cerys

selectivememory

tookish hasn't been online since yesterday. I've sent them a message just to see if a shot is incoming soon, since there's only a couple of hours till the deadline.

selectivememory

If it's OK with you, Plantkon, I'll give tookish another 24 hours to either post their shot or let us know if they'll have one ready soon. If there's no word by this time tomorrow, you can go through on a default.

chveik

that would be a disaster for a competition of this standard

Cerys

I believe tookish is snowed under with uni work at the moment, but fingers crossed - they might  have time for a shot.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: selectivememory on April 18, 2020, 08:28:50 PM
If it's OK with you, Plantkon, I'll give tookish another 24 hours to either post their shot or let us know if they'll have one ready soon. If there's no word by this time tomorrow, you can go through on a default.

Yea - happy to wait on it!

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: chveik on April 18, 2020, 08:33:25 PM
that would be a disaster for a competition of this standard

Specially with my super low effort opener!

selectivememory

Right, 24-hour extension has passed, so I'll call this match.

In nagsworth's match thread we were discussing a possible solution if both your opponents dropped out, which nags' opponent also has done now. Old Thrashbarg suggested that we keep the two serves that you've done, and then you and nags each post one return to the other's serve, and then we'll vote on that.

Entirely up to you though, if you want to go through by default you can, but if you'd like to make another shot and play against nags, let me know.

Cheers

PlanktonSideburns

ah thats a shame that tookish cant make it.

id rather play than get defaulted ahead i think - id love to play against nags. - what would we do - would we start a new post with both our shots in, and then maybe you do some sort of coin toss for who does next shot?

PlanktonSideburns

sorry, im probably being a bit thick about how this works, - brain is a bit frazzet atm

selectivememory

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on April 19, 2020, 08:39:31 PM
ah thats a shame that tookish cant make it.

id rather play than get defaulted ahead i think - id love to play against nags. - what would we do - would we start a new post with both our shots in, and then maybe you do some sort of coin toss for who does next shot?

Nice one, thanks.

Yeah, we'll start a new thread, and each repost your serves in there, and then it doesn't matter who posts first because you'll just be playing one return to each other's serve. Once both have been posted, we'll open the voting.

Actually, it might be better for continuity if we have one serve and then the response followed by the other serve and response. You can both start preparing now but hold off from posting it straight away.

PlanktonSideburns