Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:37:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Identify a show/episode, old UK comedy

Started by famethrowa, April 16, 2020, 03:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

famethrowa

70's style comedy, very grimy, our main fellas are printing counterfeit money and hanging it up on a clothesline inside, then they decide they have to spend all the notes to get change, so they take them to the local tea room. It's even more grimy, and they keep buying cups of tea with counterfeit pound notes and getting a pile of coins back. At one point he asks for a espresso and the fella puts a squirt of fairy liquid in it, or fizzes it up with the tap somehow. Eventually the counterfeit notes get rumbled for being printed wrong.

What the hell show was it?

Cerys

I have no idea why I think this, but it can't have been an episode of The Gaffer, can it?

Norton Canes

Uncle TechTip

famethrowa

These all look likely candidates, very much cheap sets, laugh track etc etc

On a similar theme, something popped into my head that I saw at school. Possibly made for schools, 80's, gritty kitchen sink style drama about a boy who was into buddy holly, pretty much all I can remember is his sister slept in his school shirt for some reason and wet herself so he had to go to school smelling of his sisters wee and got bullied.
I've googled 'buddy holly sisters wee' but the results, although interesting, have little relevance..

neveragain

The fairy liquid in the espresso thing is familiar. I'm thinking you've got that bit from a Not The Nine O'Clock News sketch.