Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:39:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Great Duck Massacre

Started by Adrian Brezhnev, April 29, 2005, 08:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Brezhnev

Putting on breakfast news rarely cheers me up, but today's story of a gang of "youths" stabbing a duck almost to death with a screwdriver (and then some other "youths" doing the same a few months later) was not the best way to start the day.

Still, at least it deflected people's minds from the issue of whether it would be a good idea to have a 50% tax bracket....

The Duck Man

Jemble Fred

What happened to that geezer who wanted to kill all the grey squirrels in the country? He put a bounty on 'em. Pretty good idea, really.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"What happened to that geezer who wanted to kill all the grey squirrels in the country? He put a bounty on 'em. Pretty good idea, really.

Not for the squirrels.

Mister Six

butnut

On R4's PM programme, some smart-arse made the point that in the 19th century, a load of European red squirrels were introduced to this country to boost their numbers  and as they mated with the UK ones the 'pure' gene was lost forever- so any idea of a 'British' red squirrel is wrong.

hands cold, liver warm

when grey squirrels were introduced to the country, a squirrel disease called a parapox virus was introduced along with it. Grey squirrels are immune to it, Red squirrels aren't and mortality rates assciated with infection are above 95%. This causes large population declines and allows grey squirrels to colonise previously red areas and prevent the red squirrel population from re-establishing.

That is why the red squirrel is going extinct and many of the conservation ideas to prevent this may infact encourage the further spread of the disease (i.e. habitat corridors linking small, isolated red squirrel populations)

the world is going to hell in a handbag

sproggy

Red squirrels are great.  I've only ever seen one in my lifetime, probably never get another chance.

Their fluffy ears are marvellous.

Ducks are great too.  Next time you get the chance to listen to ducks quacking, in your own mind replace the 'quack' with 'wank'

Hours of fun.

Cerys

Never waste the opportunity for a repost of an old image:

TraceyQ

Great afterthought, that little curly feather on their tails.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Whatever happened to Bill Oddie (the whore, not the Goodie)?

chand

Is that an army of Chad Kroegers? That's gonna keep me awake tonight.

sproggy

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "Tokyo Sexwhale"Whatever happened to Bill Oddie (the whore, not the Goodie)?

He was eaten by a giant duck

Cerys

Quote from: "chand"Is that an army of Chad Kroegers? That's gonna keep me awake tonight.

Oh, god, I see what you mean!

Quote from: "sproglette"saturdayduck.jpg

That is possibly one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen.

Leila

Quote from: "Adrian Brezhnev"Putting on breakfast news rarely cheers me up, but today's story of a gang of "youths" stabbing a duck almost to death with a screwdriver (and then some other "youths" doing the same a few months later) was not the best way to start the day.

Still, at least it deflected people's minds from the issue of whether it would be a good idea to have a 50% tax bracket....

fuckers. I hope they all die of bowel cancer.

there are ducks in  the park right next to me. I am very fond of them. If I saw anyone mistreating them I'd go totally mental.

sproggy

Quote from: "cerys"
Quote from: "sproglette"saturdayduck.jpg

That is possibly one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen.

Quote from: "mayer ages ago"Well, the "mong this vain cunt" command was implicit, and, I'll be honest, your name came to mind first for the task, and I'm disappointed to see my terribly pretty, un-photoshopped-by-sproggy-face staring back at me.

It's all to do with timing you see...

slim

Quote from: "sproglette"(picture)
Oh good god, that's terrible!

Edit: I didn't mean in terms of quality, I meant it's disturbing.

Cerys

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Adrian Brezhnev

I take it that SaturdayDuck is not a genuine picture?

God I hope not.....

My Giddy Aunt

Quote from: "butnut"On R4's PM programme, some smart-arse made the point that in the 19th century, a load of European red squirrels were introduced to this country to boost their numbers  and as they mated with the UK ones the 'pure' gene was lost forever- so any idea of a 'British' red squirrel is wrong.
Bloody immirants.

Adrian Brezhnev

It's the Viking / Saxon / Norman invasion all over again!

The time has come to shut all borders, and introduce a points based system for all foreign scum- including people, flora, fauna, and music.

Cerys

Grey squirrels are evil.  Just watch Secret Room, and you'll see what I mean.  Plus I had a staring match with one once ... and lost.  Yet still I find them cute.  Bah.

chand

I bet they give the grey squirrels £800,000 houses as well, while our good old British red squirrels who fought in wars and shit have to wander the country eating nuts out of people's bins.

Cerys

Do people ever actually throw nuts away?  Or just keep them in a bowl until they've achieved self-awareness and escaped?

chand

You're right, I haven't thought this through.