Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:31:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2020 - Round 1 - alan nagsworth vs Piggyoioi

Started by alan nagsworth, April 16, 2020, 03:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

alan nagsworth

It's supposed to be an ill-fitting latex glove. I was considering colouring this (which would have made that clearer) but I thought black and white was more striking (which means I couldn't be arsed).

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Cerys

alan nagsworth

Heyup. Piggyoioi's 72 hour deadline ends this afternoon, I have messaged them to let us know if they're able to get a return up or maybe ask for an extension, so just waiting on that now. They have been active on here as late as yesterday though so here's hoping! I don't think my hokey drawing of David Attenborough should be enough for me to go through by default.

Bazooka

I only just got the BBC19 thing, sign me up for dingus duty.

selectivememory

Quote from: alan nagsworth on April 19, 2020, 10:55:57 AM
Heyup. Piggyoioi%u2019s 72 hour deadline ends this afternoon, I have messaged them to let us know if they%u2019re able to get a return up or maybe ask for an extension, so just waiting on that now. They have been active on here as late as yesterday though so here%u2019s hoping! I don%u2019t think my hokey drawing of David Attenborough should be enough for me to go through by default.

Cheers.

As far as going through by default goes, it is fine by me, it's just the way it goes sometimes. However, if you guys both wanted to, I wouldn't have a problem with you and Plankton playing a match if both your opponents do withdraw. I wouldn't make you do it though, because you've both already served once and I wouldn't want to force one of you to play an additional shot.

For the time being, I'll give Piggyoioi a 24-hour extension to at least get in touch, but if that passes we'll end this particular match.

BlodwynPig

alan nagsworth

I wouldn't mind taking the option of starting a fresh round if Plankton was also fine with that, but I'm also aware that this would further delay the start of round 2 which might be of some annoyance to the other players. Let's see what happens today :)

Johnny Yesno

Or just continue the match from the two shots you and Plankton have already played, as it seems a shame to 'waste' them. Could be interesting.

Johnny Yesno

BlodwynPig

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on April 19, 2020, 01:09:56 PM
Or just continue the match from the two shots you and Plankton have already played, as it seems a shame to 'waste' them. Could be interesting.

Could have each replying to the other's serve and use those four shots maybe.

Cerys

selectivememory

Quote from: Cerys on April 19, 2020, 01:25:01 PM
Brilliant idea!

Yep. Let's see where we are tomorrow, but I think that's a great solution.

Piggyoioi

Quote from: alan nagsworth on April 19, 2020, 10:55:57 AM
Heyup. Piggyoioi's 72 hour deadline ends this afternoon, I have messaged them to let us know if they're able to get a return up or maybe ask for an extension, so just waiting on that now. They have been active on here as late as yesterday though so here's hoping! I don't think my hokey drawing of David Attenborough should be enough for me to go through by default.

Hey Alan, sorry mate. I only got my home internet back after a 3 day connection loss. after which I found out I lost my job and promptly got fucked and still dealing with the residual hangover.

No hard feelings I hope. I loved your entry though!

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Piggyoioi on April 19, 2020, 03:56:54 PM
Hey Alan, sorry mate. I only got my home internet back after a 3 day connection loss. after which I found out I lost my job and promptly got fucked and still dealing with the residual hangover.

Bloody hell, sorry to hear that. I hope your luck improves.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Going out in the first round of Wimblewrong will surely finish him off.

selectivememory

Sorry to hear that Piggyoioi, thanks for getting back to us.

I'll see about setting up this other match later on after the other deadline has passed.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: alan nagsworth on April 19, 2020, 12:11:43 PM
I wouldn't mind taking the option of starting a fresh round if Plankton was also fine with that, but I'm also aware that this would further delay the start of round 2 which might be of some annoyance to the other players. Let's see what happens today :)

im happy to play you nags, - either with what weve done so far or fresh shots like

selectivememory

Honestly, I'd be happy for a bit of breather after the first round, so if you both wanted to play a fresh match, that would be fine with me.

PlanktonSideburns

im not surprised! youve had a hell of a workload on. -

im happy however it goes, just let us know -

so who would start if we were to start a fresh round?

BlodwynPig

selectivememory

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on April 19, 2020, 08:45:31 PM
just let us know -

so who would start if we were to start a fresh round?

I'll flip a coin if alan is happy to play a fresh match. We'll just wait for him to let us know his preference and then we can get going with it.

PlanktonSideburns

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Piggyoioi on April 19, 2020, 03:56:54 PM

No hard feelings I hope. I loved your entry though!

Crikey O'Riley. I'm very sorry to hear this, and I hope you're doing okay. Absolutely no hard feelings of course, do what you gotta do and I hope you feel better soon.

Quote from: selectivememory on April 19, 2020, 08:46:50 PM
I'll flip a coin if alan is happy to play a fresh match. We'll just wait for him to let us know his preference and then we can get going with it.

Coin is fine by me also, I'm happy to start a fresh round and give you a bit of a break haha. Flip away, baby.

selectivememory