Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:15:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

FUCKDOWN, U.S.A.

Started by Abnormal Palm, April 19, 2020, 01:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

https://media.btp.police.uk/r/17222/jail_for_man_who_coughed_on_police_officers_after

Quote...A man who claimed he had coronavirus and deliberately coughed at two police officers has been jailed following a British Transport Police investigation.

Oreighn Joel Marcus Quintyne, aged 21, of St Thomas Road, Birmingham, pleaded guilty to criminal damage and two counts of assault when he appeared at Manchester and Salford Magistrates' Court on Monday, 11 May. He was jailed for 32 weeks and ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £156...

Just eight months for coughing and sneezing at people during a pandemic, if he had had coronavirus it could have killed them (Later down the press release it mentions he sneezed as well as coughed. He also did a dirty protest in his cell.

Clearly the UK courts aren't taking this seriously enough.

Abnormal Palm

Coppers will probley hit the guy's knees, ankles and wrists with metal bars until he's flopping around like a squid.

Captain Z

Hey, nature, got any good metaphors for the USA?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52779727

Nice one.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hahaha

How's it going eagle mate

Abnormal Palm

One day your on top

Next day get fucked

Too bad

C_Larence

Philadelphia, and various PA counties are moving to the "yellow phase" of reopening on June 5th. It makes absolutely no sense to set a hard date like that, it should be based on rate of new cases (300+ a day in philly) and other data, not just by picking an arbitrary day to ignore the virus exists.

Dewt

Yellow because that's what colour the workers are going to turn after their lungs are sacrificed to the money gods

Shoulders?-Stomach!

idunnosomename

YOU GIVE LOONS

A BAD NAME

Head Gardener

idunnosomename

Oooh im the king of death toll yeah

THE FUCKDOWN, U.S.A.

Head Gardener

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: daf on May 21, 2020, 12:31:12 PM
Click on 'modify' and replace the img in the first square brackets in your image address with img height= and whichever number looks right to you.

e.g. - Here's your two images with img height=400 :

Thanks a ton!

Also, it turns out, promoting lunatic theories encourages lunatics (twitter video)
"The Bexar County GOP chair concludes this rally by stating that the coronavirus is a hoax perpetuated by Democrats, tells people to take off their masks, and then everyone hugs each other."

Fambo Number Mive

A waterpark has opened in Texas in defiance of the Governor's orders. They will be limiting entry to 2,020 quests, because if the number is the same as the current year that makes it safer.

https://www.chron.com/local/article/Crowds-descend-upon-Texas-waterpark-on-Memorial-15291160.

Not sure how easy it is to social distance in a waterpark. Imagine going down a slide that dozens of others, some who will be asymptomatic carries of Covid, have touched. Lots of people spluttering out water as they swim. Someone will do a poo somewhere in the water.

kngen

I had a door-to-door salesman come to my house on Saturday night. I think it might be the creepy pricks that scope out houses with kids toys in the front yard and then try to sell them educational aids that I've tangled with before. This time the fella had a younger sidekick who he was probably training. I was in the middle of cooking dinner, and, when he started off his prepared spiel, I cut him off with a curt 'Now is hardly the time', and closed the door. I was mostly talking about him interrupting my cooking, but also, you know, don't come to my door during a pandemic, especially if you're not wearing a mask.

Then, yesterday, at around lunchtime, another one of these pricks turns up at my door (same company, I guessed, due to him holding a similar looking binder). I open the door, with the previous night fresh in my mind, and cut him off saying, 'If you're going to ruin my Saturday, at least wear a mask for Christ's sake'. He slunk off.

Then, mid-afternoon, I get woken up from a nap by my dog barking like a maniac. I look out the front window, and there's a minivan with a gaggle of these arseholes milling around it. Then I see the guy from earlier in the day, and the more senior guy from the night before, walking up my driveway with bandanas on and no small amount of trepidation, like the most feckless pair of bandidos in the West. I stood at my front window, mouth agape in disbelief, until one of them spotted me and gave a half-hearted wave.

'FUCK OFF!' I yelled, with accompanying dismissive arm-waving gestures that you rarely see outside of cartoons. Again, they turned on their heels.

I can't quite articulate just how much the whole thing pissed me off. There's the practical element of disease control, obviously. But I think it ran deeper - I'm now quite comfortable in my isolation (my wife and child far less so, so I know it's not everybody's choice, by any means), but I know normal life and all of its needless stressful interactions will resume at some point, and I think these bastards just really brought that home.

Some day this pandemic's gonna end.

sirhenry

Older guy with a younger sidekick sounds more like Jehova's Witnesses; salesmen rarely have trainees with them in my experience. Also they tend to bus in and blitz an area (seem to remember there's some kind of obligation for them to get x converts before they get to wear their holy bibs or something similar) over a few days before moving on.

I quite enjoy talking theology with them, as do they up to the point that they realise that they're discussing gods in the plural...

kngen

Quote from: sirhenry on May 24, 2020, 09:11:11 PM
Older guy with a younger sidekick sounds more like Jehova's Witnesses; salesmen rarely have trainees with them in my experience. Also they tend to bus in and blitz an area (seem to remember there's some kind of obligation for them to get x converts before they get to wear their holy bibs or something similar) over a few days before moving on.

I quite enjoy talking theology with them, as do they up to the point that they realise that they're discussing gods in the plural...

Don't they usually wear suits? And it was only once out of the three wonderful visits I enjoyed that they had buddied up.

sirhenry

Yes, they always wear cheap black suits. So not JW

So which company is telling its staff to go out and spread the virus (though not The Word, obviously)?

I'm slow - you're in the States, aren't you?

kngen

Quote from: sirhenry on May 24, 2020, 09:28:45 PM
Yes, they always wear cheap black suits. So not JW

So which company is telling its staff to go out and spread the virus (though not The Word, obviously)?

I'm slow - you're in the States, aren't you?

I am. Like I said, I had a feeling it was the educational aid folks, but that's purely going by the unctious spiel that the first guy was launching into, which reminded me of the guy who came to the door a couple of years back, but it's not like that company is going to have exclusivity over oleaginous sales techniques, so it's hardly compelling evidence. (And, come to think of it, he did spend ages talking to my neighbour, who doesn't have kids, so who the fuck knows?)

McFlymo

They were gonna offer you and your family a one-time only, free cough in the face.

daf

Quotethe drivers would have had to achieve an average speed of at least 173km/h

That means nothing to me * - might as well measure someone's height in millimetres!

(apparently, converted into old money, it works out as just over 107 miles an hour)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Spoiler alert
Ohhhhhhhh, Viennetta!
[close]

Song named after Rigsby's cat.

idunnosomename

is the british version of the cannonball run islington to barnard castle

Fambo Number Mive

I'm not sure if Cameron Kirby is being ironic when he speaks of "pearl-clutching", but it was a very stupid thing to do to try and break this record, especially given that if there had been a crash the emergency rooms would have been already overwhelmed with Covid patients.

I do wonder if Which Car.au publicising this will encourage other people to do so as well.

Head Gardener

dissolute ocelot

There's a typically brutal article by Eliot Weinberger in the latest London Review of Books. It's paywalled, but some highlights:

QuoteThe procurement and distribution of personal protection and other medical equipment was the domain not of federal emergency, public health or even military officials but of a team of young volunteers from venture capital firms led by the president's son-in-law, Jared Kushner. On the VIP list of those to be given 'communications priority' were Mar-a-Lago members, Fox News commentators and Republican donors. Kushner, an unsuccessful real estate developer, is also in charge of bringing peace to the Middle East, reforming the criminal justice system, overseeing the building of the Mexican border wall, diplomacy with China, the 2020 re-election campaign and the creation of an Office of American Innovation dedicated to entirely revamping the way the government works. His efforts at procurement have been disastrous, and there is a continuing nationwide shortage.

In the vast bureaucracy of the Department of Health and Human Services, the person in charge of overseeing the pandemic response in its many agencies was, before this, a breeder of Australian labradoodles.

Throughout his presidency, Trump has had a favourability rating of around 40 per cent. (He is the only president never to have gone above 50 per cent.) Now, despite the tens of thousands dead and the tens of millions unemployed, his favourability rating is still around 40 per cent. It was thought that after he recommended injecting bleach as a cure for the virus, many people would change their minds, but they didn't.

Abnormal Palm

What are the chances this leads to civil war in the US?

Anyone played The Division? 😂

idunnosomename

DOWN WITH THE FUCKDOWN
DOWN WITH THE FUCKDOWN

ULTIMATE FUCKDOWN

BABY

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 27, 2020, 01:24:29 PM
What are the chances this leads to civil war in the US?

Anyone played The Division? 😂

not much really. there's no strong or coherent radical opposition to the status quo that could spark something like that.