Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:21:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

FUCKDOWN, U.S.A.

Started by Abnormal Palm, April 19, 2020, 01:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 27, 2020, 01:24:29 PM
What are the chances this leads to civil war in the US?

Anyone played The Division? 😂

Hah, I've been thinking about reinstalling The Division since all this kicked off. It really did capture the atmosphere of a post-post-pandemic NYC very well.

kngen

Anyone played The Division? 😂

I was reading live Twitter coverage of the unrest in Minneapolis last night, and  - when people started talking about armed militia members turning up in support of the protesters, I got a weird tingling sensation in my head when I realised this was the kind of unforeseen confluence of events that kicks off major social upheavals. Kind of wish I wasn't living in the US at the moment. It all seems a bit febrile.

dissolute ocelot

Since the assholes are on Trump's side, the only thing that might cause a civil war is a massive Democrat victory in November, and even then the libs would be too polite to kick Trump out.

Abnormal Palm

Let's get tooled up and take the WH.

BlodwynPig

Abnormal Palm

If there were a civil war, just realised the right wing gun nuts would annihilate everyone. I guess that's why it not happened yet.

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 28, 2020, 07:39:10 AM
If there were a civil war, just realised the right wing gun nuts would annihilate everyone.

Sure, but only because they've been given leftover equipment from the Iraw War including assault vehicles.

OH YOU MEAN NOT THE POLICE

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 28, 2020, 07:39:10 AM
If there were a civil war, just realised the right wing gun nuts would annihilate everyone. I guess that's why it not happened yet.
Right wing gun nuts and the police etc would annihilate everyone.

idunnosomename

the FREEDOM FUCK YEAH lot always seem to show the police state boot stamping on a face forever as something invincible that needs to be avoided politically. but still they gotta have their private arsenal oh fuck yeah baby

Urinal Cake

The War Nerd talks about how most gun owners/militias wouldn't be able to stand up to the police force/military etc. But then I think when has the US won an urban war or really any war?

The Crumb

Quote from: Urinal Cake on May 29, 2020, 12:51:02 AM
The War Nerd talks about how most gun owners/militias wouldn't be able to stand up to the police force/military etc. But then I think when has the US won an urban war or really any war?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Challenge_2002

Love that even in a simulated war with Iran, the USA got its arse kicked and then got salty about it.

bgmnts

On its own? The Philippines?

Urinal Cake

Quote from: bgmnts on May 29, 2020, 01:37:52 AM
On its own? The Philippines?
Yes probably way back then.

Maybe the police are better than the military when it comes to urban warfare etc.

The United States government has not been particularly concerned about winning any of the "wars" it has participated in since World War II, because those were all elaborate shams to generate trillions of dollars for the military-industrial complex and/or to cause destabilized hellscapes in various countries. Drawn-out chaos was a feature not a bug.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: The Crumb on May 29, 2020, 01:09:55 AM

Love that even in a simulated war with Iran, the USA got its arse kicked and then got salty about it.

the War Nerd episode about that is absolutely incredible, would recommend

kngen

Robert Evans of Behind the Bastards podcast wrote a piece about the rather strange, convoluted and mercurial nature of extremely online militas (aka Boog Bois, which is all a bit Devo, really).

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/2020/05/27/the-boogaloo-movement-is-not-what-you-think/?fbclid=IwAR3CbddPGI01c-nj1sRp-u5lVFzP8kIDpqJQHU5hHKnFERHFbJ3dfKlHCiU

Quite easy to get swept along by their rhetoric and feel a bit scared, but then - as was demonstrated in Minneapolis - when the shit goes down IRL, they stand guard outside vape shops and kid onto themselves that they're doing something. although it's quite hard to quantify what that something is, particularly in relation to their ideologies.

Head Gardener

idunnosomename

oh america. You can be such a big silly sausage at times

Fambo Number Mive

Expect a further rise in cases in Texas: https://twitter.com/BudKennedy/status/1266380469664432128

Not a single mask I can see.

The Bumlord

I can see one (1) mask.

This is fun.

Fambo Number Mive

Ah yes, just spotted the bloke with the mask.

Dog Botherer

weird, the Klan are usually sticklers for the mask policy

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: The Crumb on May 29, 2020, 01:09:55 AM

Absolutely fantastic

idunnosomename

DOWN WITH THE FUCKDOWN

COVID INFECTED MY RESPIRATORY 

Head Gardener

Link please thank you?

Head Gardener