Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:10:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

FUCKDOWN, U.S.A.

Started by Abnormal Palm, April 19, 2020, 01:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 11, 2020, 10:59:26 PM
Absolutely, I'll know where the decent bars are by then (probably).

It's a port town, but that is the extent of my knowledge about how boats work.

So this is for good? Is your company in the town too? or have you quit big finance?

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 11, 2020, 11:01:23 PM
So this is for good? Is your company in the town too? or have you quit big finance?

Will PM to avoid turning this thread into a "comings and goings of ferris" blog

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 11, 2020, 11:08:27 PM
Will PM to avoid turning this thread into a "comings and goings of ferris" blog

Like every other thread, amirite?

Dex Sawash

Did you buy an island, FWB?

Ferris

Quote from: Dex Sawash on August 12, 2020, 02:02:41 AM
Did you buy an island, FWB?

Wife insists we sort a long-term dwelling out for us and our child first. Ridiculous.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 12, 2020, 11:42:21 AM
Wife insists we sort a long-term dwelling out for us and our child first. Ridiculous.

I hope he soon gets his own paper round in the sleepy town. Adventures await.

Dog Botherer

well, Senate have fucked off til September, no more financial aid coming anytime soon. we have $200 in the bank, wife gets $120 a week in unemployment. no clue how we're going to pay rent. we're not even as bad off as many people since we've been stockpiling food for months now but there is absolutely no way our bills are getting paid this month.

total fuckdown imminent. expecting riots basically any day now.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Dog Botherer on August 13, 2020, 09:29:32 PM
well, Senate have fucked off til September, no more financial aid coming anytime soon. we have $200 in the bank, wife gets $120 a week in unemployment. no clue how we're going to pay rent. we're not even as bad off as many people since we've been stockpiling food for months now but there is absolutely no way our bills are getting paid this month.

Sounds frightening. What neo-georgian gig economy prospects are there?

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 13, 2020, 11:08:49 PM
Sounds frightening. What neo-georgian gig economy prospects are there?

Uber/Lyft/general delivery is out due to our car being incredibly unreliable. haven't really been able to scrounge up anything. we both worked in the service industry and there's just absolutely nothing there. small businesses too so there's every likelihood they'll shut up shop any day now anyway.

hoping i can bum a few hundred dollars from my parents to cover rent so we don't get evicted this month at least but i have no idea what our long term prospects are. there's food banks around so we won't starve but it's summer and our AC is running non stop so our electric bill is fucking insane.

QDRPHNC

bgmnts

Could turn the air conditioning off for a bit maybe.

Quote from: Dog Botherer on August 13, 2020, 09:29:32 PM

Sorry DB, that is fucked.

The fact that the Senate is just going on vacation in the middle of all this is truly insane, even by American standards.

BlodwynPig

what? on holiday? fuck sake, Sorry to hear this DB.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: QDRPHNC on August 14, 2020, 04:08:56 AM
Whereabouts are you?

the homeland of our glorious psycho freak, Mike Pence

Quote from: bgmnts on August 14, 2020, 04:10:15 AM
Could turn the air conditioning off for a bit maybe.

been trying it late at night/early morning for a couple of hours but the humidity is what gets us. house is basically uninhabitable after 10am without AC.

i shouldn't really be surprised at the Senate taking a 3 week holiday with this happening all over the country but i did think they wouldn't want things to entirely collapse.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 14, 2020, 08:30:39 AM
what? on holiday? fuck sake, Sorry to hear this DB.
Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on August 14, 2020, 04:34:05 AM
Sorry DB, that is fucked.

The fact that the Senate is just going on vacation in the middle of all this is truly insane, even by American standards.

cheers. can't even bring myself to be too upset by the whole thing. would mostly just like to cave in McConnell's turkey neck with a roofing hammer to satisfy my latent rage but that seems unlikely, at least for now.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

What's better, a/c costs in a warm climate or heating bills in a cold one? (I have no idea, so genuine question)

BlodwynPig

temperatures pushing 30-31 where dog botherer is, more importantly humidity in high 80s. rationed a/c

Dog Botherer

A/C is the choice every time. we have loads of blankets and clothes, our power bill should drop substantially over the next few months, assuming we still live here i guess

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 14, 2020, 01:36:21 PM
What's better, a/c costs in a warm climate or heating bills in a cold one? (I have no idea, so genuine question)

Definitely A/C. Although you pretty much have to have it on 24/7 in summer in the US. Lived in an apartment in Chicago with no A/C and it was 35-40c for about 2 months, absolute torture. Can't even open the windows, and fans just blow hot air onto you.

Once shared a house with a bloke who would have the heating on all the time (and worked from home) and would walk around the place in shorts and a t-shirt. Then would grumble about having to pay his share of the bills.

BlodwynPig

No A/C in Montana, window facing the sun for most of the day. I just slept in the shared bath. There is always a solution.

Dex Sawash

Electricity was $275 for July with menopausal wife wfh and AC set to "never want to see a scrotum again"

Zetetic

Ferris

Quote from: Dex Sawash on August 14, 2020, 09:50:36 PM
Electricity was $275 for July with menopausal wife wfh and AC set to "never want to see a scrotum again"

The only good thing about living in a tiny apartment was the climate control was spot on because there was fuck all cubic feet of climate to control.

In a larger place now and the air conditioning is complete shit, I'm sweating like a nonce in gen-pop and we can't use the oven or it becomes unbearable.

Shit one for DB, hope he sorts it. Have a look at a portable AC machine, they're not bad and those big box stores will have sales on now maybe?

Dex Sawash

The ones that have the flex duct to port the warm air from the condensor outside really are pretty nice.

Ferris

Quote from: Dex Sawash on August 14, 2020, 10:05:18 PM
The ones that have the flex duct to port the warm air from the condensor outside really are pretty nice.

I'm sitting next to just such a beast right now, it's been on full speed since Monday.

Dog Botherer

it's okay guys! the election is in 10 weeks so then Biden can get down to Building Back Better™ while Kamala cools down the nation with her WAP!!!

dead soon

Dex Sawash

They did a fun Friday story about WAP on NPR yesterday with the urban culture desk reporter. 4 minutes of the story we can't tell you about. Cringey.

idunnosomename

Maybe Pelosi will do a nice sarcastic clap at the Orange Man in Chief to cool you down!!!

Fambo Number Mive

The RNC has started in North Carolina. A local reporter reckons about 50% of the people on the convention floor have been wearing masks. I'm surprised it's that high, given the attitude of Republican Party supporters to coronavirus.

With 300 to 400 people attending, I imagine this event will help spread corona in NC, especially as a lot of the attendees will be eating out after the convention.

Mister Six

I dunno, I think the GOP lot are a bit squeamish about oral sex, given their response to WAP.