Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:54:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

FUCKDOWN, U.S.A.

Started by Abnormal Palm, April 19, 2020, 01:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: peanutbutter on April 28, 2020, 11:56:17 AM
Has it even properly reached Georgia and Texas yet?

Texas has got off lightly so far, particularly outside the big cities, though Atlanta, Georgia is fucked. I suspect western/rural Texas will be fairly safe because it's so big and empty (and hot if that matters which seems uncertain at the mo), and even "urban" Texas has a low population density outside the malls. In the US CoV is concentrated in the northeast, midwest, southern Florida, and Southern California, all the most populous places.

Fambo Number Mive

More lives being put at risk in Georgia:

QuoteUnder a new executive order given by Georgia Governor Brian Kemp, teenagers within the Peach State will no longer need to pass a formal driving test in order to secure a driver's license. Instead they'll just have to get the 'A-okay' from their parents.

Like roughly 80 percent of news these days, this development is related to the COVID-19 pandemic.

All other driving requirements will still have to be met by young Georgians, but the final road test conducted by an instructor (who sweats like crazy, cranks up the A/C, and points all the fans at himself...at least when I took it) will be chopped...

https://www.complex.com/life/2020/04/georgia-drops-driving-test-requirement-for-license-due-to-pandemic

Not sure the article needed that line about the writer's experience of a driving test.

EOLAN

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 30, 2020, 09:16:43 AM
More lives being put at risk in Georgia:

https://www.complex.com/life/2020/04/georgia-drops-driving-test-requirement-for-license-due-to-pandemic

Not sure the article needed that line about the writer's experience of a driving test.

If you are a driver that makes your instructor sweat so much; I don't think that is a great reflection on how safe your driving is. Probably just passed him so that they wouldn't have to risk getting back in the car with them again.

Moribunderast

About a month ago I was saying to a friend I reckon America will be on fire in three months. Even I thought I was being a bit hyperbolic but then today I see this footage of armed "protestors" trying to storm a government building and I wonder. Apparently Michigan has open-carry laws so it is okay to walk into a building with a rifle while wearing army fatigues. Article here.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Moribunderast on May 01, 2020, 01:51:17 AM
About a month ago I was saying to a friend I reckon America will be on fire in three months. Even I thought I was being a bit hyperbolic but then today I see this footage of armed "protestors" trying to storm a government building and I wonder. Apparently Michigan has open-carry laws so it is okay to walk into a building with a rifle while wearing army fatigues. Article here.

Things are really getting out of hand there. I wonder how these "freedom fighters" would feel if one of their govt HQs was being stormed by a group of Muslims or black men armed to the teeth?

Head Gardener

idunnosomename

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on May 01, 2020, 09:09:49 AM
Things are really getting out of hand there. I wonder how these "freedom fighters" would feel if one of their govt HQs was being stormed by a group of Muslims or black men armed to the teeth?

what a bunch of stupid pussies

Dewt

It's funny how they are against taking measures against the virus but are adopting the face masks as if we don't all know that it's just to cover their weak chins

Cold Meat Platter

This new Counter-Strike looks fucking shit.

Jasha

QDRPHNC

They're going to shoot the 'vid if they see it.

Dog Botherer

partially reopening in 10 days, can only hope georgia or texas (rather morbidly) has a massive spike so they'll chicken out. can't see anything else doing it.

Abnormal Palm

Or they all die, including my best mate.

Head Gardener

Mister Six

Quote from: Dog Botherer on May 01, 2020, 09:06:03 PM
partially reopening in 10 days, can only hope georgia or texas (rather morbidly) has a massive spike so they'll chicken out. can't see anything else doing it.

Friends in Atlanta say that most people in the city are ignoring the reopening order, thankfully.

Absorb the anus burn

Quote from: QDRPHNC on May 01, 2020, 03:30:10 PM
They're going to shoot the 'vid if they see it.

Or a nurse...

Or a doctor...

Or a libtard...

QDRPHNC

Performative rebellion. What does it cost these people to be seen to be "standing up to tyranny"? Nothing. What does it accomplish? Nothing. But they get to look like the idea of the True Patriots they've had drilled into their heads, except without the intellectual rigour or actual sacrifice. If the government say in, they say out. Up they say down, left they say right. Petulant teenagers with guns.

Dewt

Not a fan of the police but "just pull up your t-shirt up over your face" is a commendable make-do attitude

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Trump's 60-70k deathstimate is looking quite a way out. At this rate they'll be at 80,000 deaths by this time next week. He has showed off the fact they have fewer deaths per million that a handful of European countries but they are closing in on that. 4 US states are already as bad as Belgium (or worse - New York State is 3 times as bad as the next country or state of 10 million+ people) and the way the virus is spreading across larger landmasses like North America, Mexico, Russia suggests it's going to be a longer term issue for them.

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 02, 2020, 04:08:24 PM
Trump's 60-70k deathstimate is looking quite a way out. At this rate they'll be at 80,000 deaths by this time next week. He has showed off the fact they have fewer deaths per million that a handful of European countries but they are closing in on that. 4 US states are already as bad as Belgium (or worse - New York State is 3 times as bad as the next country or state of 10 million+ people) and the way the virus is spreading across larger landmasses like North America, Mexico, Russia suggests it's going to be a longer term issue for them.

Yeah but because pandemics are inherently tied to urban centers, he will successfully convince all the rubes that the death toll is the product of libtard Democratic mayors. Sort of like how homelessness and earthquakes in California are the result of the (temporarily) Democratic governor.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on May 02, 2020, 04:29:28 PM
Yeah but because pandemics are inherently tied to urban centers, he will successfully convince all the rubes that the death toll is the product of libtard Democratic mayors. Sort of like how homelessness and earthquakes in California are the result of the (temporarily) Democratic governor.

On the other hand those are the areas that may return to normal more quickly, which might have an effect come November. Or at least if Joe Biden wasn't running. Joe Biden is running isn't he? Fuck.

Abnormal Palm

What is the chance that this will cunt USA for good? Could really do with a lot of them ended to fuck from this and they simmer the eff back down to the third world, got damn tiers monde tier eating a bowl of dogshit erry day. Statistically any chance? I'm livin for this.

bgmnts

Fucking hope not, I'm not learning Chinese.

Dog Botherer

can't see any situation in which the USA doesn't emerge as even a shadow of its former self.

the economy is already turbo fucked no matter what happens so it's China on a global level  from here on out lads.

phantom_power

Quote from: Head Gardener on May 01, 2020, 10:08:33 PM

I didn't think there was going to be a season 2 of Watchmen

That open carry stuff is ridiculous because presumably murder is still illegal in those states so it isn't like they are going to use those guns

Fambo Number Mive

Texas has had over 1,000 extra coronavirus cases a day between Thursday and Saturday. And even that doen't stop these people acting like there isn't a pandemic: https://twitter.com/putnamfortexas/status/1256608808945754112

The person who tweeted this is running for office in Texas