Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:29:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The quite pleasant homes of the rich and funny

Started by c, April 19, 2020, 03:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerzy Bondov

My Grandma lives in Kent and has met both Paul O'Grady and Julian Clary repeatedly and has nothing but nice things to say about them. Dunno about Alan Carr. Kent gets a slagging on here but I have very happy memories of Romney Marsh.

Dewt

My family was from Kent before it went all Essex and my uncle's name is Rodney Marsh

Hope that is the information you were looking for

beanheadmcginty

Just remembered that Ross Noble lives in Kent in the village next to the village I grew up in. Lovely little place called Cowden.

poodlefaker

Surprised Clary's so minted. Does he do loads of panel shoes I don't watch?

Dewt

Gurke and Hare

Hang on, when did buzby go from genius who knows everything about technology and telecommunications to private detective with contact details for all the stars? Don't suppose you've got Katy Wix's number have you?

beanheadmcginty

Harry Hill actually thanked Kent when he won his Bafta years ago.

phantom_power

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 23, 2020, 11:09:04 PM
That's still expense. Expenditure.

That's not really what that phrase means though. It usually suggests some sort of exploitation or deliberate detriment to other people

Bronzy

Quote from: buzby on April 23, 2020, 11:06:18 PM
Julian Clary lives in Aldington too, in Noel Coward's former home Goldenhurst Farm which he bought on O'Grady's recommendation:.

Alan Carr also lives in Aldington, in the farm next door to Clary.

Trying to make a camp joke and really struggling. Camp David?

petril

wish I'd had time for a crap before we started

Dewt

It's strange that all of these gay men have such an appetite for Kent

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: poodlefaker on April 24, 2020, 02:29:03 PM
Surprised Clary's so minted. Does he do loads of panel shoes I don't watch?

He's an author of children's books now. My niece likes them.

Captain Crunch

Quote from: Dewt on April 24, 2020, 02:30:57 PM
He's done ads.

If that's the case Caroline Quentin's house must span four postcodes. 

Cardenio I

I believe Caroline Quentin made a mint flipping houses and now has something of a property empire.

buzby

Quote from: Cardenio I on April 27, 2020, 08:27:21 AM
I believe Caroline Quentin made a mint flipping houses and now has something of a property empire.
I don't think she has an empire as such - she buys them, does them up and sells them on. She lives with her husband in a farmhouse they bought in 2008 and renovated in Tiverton, Devon. She started off with a flat she bought in Portland Place in 1981.

Cardenio I

That's the sort of pointless arcane detail that keeps me coming back to this place.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Cardenio I on April 27, 2020, 08:27:21 AM

I'm sure this got mis-attributed to Jo Brand fairly recently.

Ferris

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on April 24, 2020, 12:22:12 PM
My Grandma lives in Kent and has met both Paul O'Grady and Julian Clary repeatedly and has nothing but nice things to say about them. Dunno about Alan Carr. Kent gets a slagging on here but I have very happy memories of Romney Marsh.

Paul O'Grady and Julian Clary are different people. I'd never clocked that before.

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 28, 2020, 07:25:24 PM
I'm sure this got mis-attributed to Jo Brand fairly recently.

Jo Brand spent much of her formative years in Kent. Same school as my sister.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Mister Six

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 28, 2020, 07:54:34 PM
Paul O'Grady and Julian Clary are different people. I'd never clocked that before.

Gaycist.

Ferris

Quote from: Mister Six on April 28, 2020, 08:12:57 PM
Gaycist.

Are they both gay? I don't even know who they are really. They're merged in with Neol and Dale Winton as some '90s light entertainment borg

idunnosomename

ashford itself is fucking horrible. as is "ashford international"

buzby

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on April 24, 2020, 01:15:15 PM
Just remembered that Ross Noble lives in Kent in the village next to the village I grew up in. Lovely little place called Cowden.
He lived in this converted barn until 2017, having moved from Australia in 2010 after his farmhouse there burned down (in which he lost his collections of 2500 DVDs, records, vintage toys and motorbikes)

He bought it for £1.25m and it sold for £1.79m.

SLee's nemesis Joe Pasquale lives in Higham just outside Strood. CaB favourite Egg Wallace also lives near Ashford, in this £1m farmhouse in Biddenden which he bought in 2017.

Miriam Margolyes lives in a large Victorian detatched house in Clapham (in Band H, Council tax fans), and owns a couple of holiday homes she rents out - one in Australia, Yarrawa Hill, 90 minutes from Sydney

and The Gun Emplacment, a WWI coastal battery on the cliffs above St. Margaret's Bay near Dover that Peter Ustinov bought from the MoD in 1946 after being billeted there. She bought it from him in 1977.

Last year it was rented by a drugs gang from Birkenhead who then had Dutch helicopter pilots drop off cocaine shipments there.

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on April 24, 2020, 02:58:47 PM
Hang on, when did buzby go from genius who knows everything about technology and telecommunications to private detective with contact details for all the stars? Don't suppose you've got Katy Wix's number have you?
It's all publically available information via google, unfortuately - it probably really shouldn't be, and if so,  it's the Government's fault that it is. For your example, Ms Wix moved from a flat above some shops in Brixton Hill to a flat in a mews in Forest Hill in 2014.

Dewt

Quote from: buzby on April 29, 2020, 09:21:57 AM
It's all publically available information via google, unfortuately - it probably really shouldn't be, and if so,  it's the Government's fault that it is. For your example, Ms Wix moved from a flat above some shops in Brixton Hill to a flat in a mews in Forest Hill in 2014.
It's true. I was even able to track down buzby's house, here it is: