Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,313
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:16:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your quarantine station..

Started by wasp_f15ting, April 20, 2020, 11:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasp_f15ting

So I assume a few of you will be working from home, let us use this thread for tips and tricks and showcase your lair.

I'll start off with mine. Nice and sunny - quite rare for where I live...

Dewt

Best not to talk about the chair.

Dewt

The window is comically tall for something so unusable. Can't even part the blinds because people park their cars head-on, inches away from the window and they'll see right inside at all hours of the day.

wasp_f15ting

Loving the exposed brick !

I managed to get my monitor arms for £3.87 on a missprice on amazon - which they honoured - has given me so much desk space as a result

Dewt

Quote from: wasp_f15ting on April 20, 2020, 12:08:19 PM
Loving the exposed brick !
It is what tricked me into renting here

They kept all the exposed lead under wraps

Dewt

I could get monitor arms but then there's always the option of just putting a third screen on top of a Banker's Box.

Cable organiser under desk? Banker's Box mate. Pantry? Banker's Boxes.

Cerys

This thread has reminded me of the day.I was startled to discover that the use of two or more monitors somehow makes a man more attractive.  Psychoanalyse that, bitches.

Sebastian Cobb

I've psychoanalysed dewts desk and concluded he's a ball fondler.

Cerys

Dewt

I have three balls. The best one is beige like the keyboard but I left that at work.

Cerys

QDRPHNC

wasp_f15ting

Love stuff QD, where is that chair from?

I could do with one like that for the bedroom

bgmnts

I love that your pouffe is a giant chocolate orange.

QDRPHNC

Yep, Ikea Poaeng. Affordable and very comfortable, although I've been meaning to spend the $50 on the nicer cloth covering.

Sebastian Cobb

Nice music centre and interior design. I used to have a blaupunkt tabletop unit with a similar chassis by the looks of it. Would love to butcher one a bit and run bluetooth or a chromecast through one.

Crossley turntable will not be kind to your records though.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 20, 2020, 03:52:32 PM
Nice music centre and interior design. I used to have a blaupunkt tabletop unit with a similar chassis by the looks of it. Would love to butcher one a bit and run bluetooth or a chromecast through one.

Crossley turntable will not be kind to your records though.

The tube amp is still in there (it's a Nordmende), but the player itself was fucked - gutted it and now use it as a home for various old audio bits and pieces I've collected.

Not too worried about the Crosley... I mostly play crappy old used stuff through it, and I believe VWestlife when he says that if you're playing decades old used vinyl, you can be certain it's been played on something worse than a Crosley and survived.

wasp_f15ting

Quote from: QDRPHNC on April 20, 2020, 03:35:13 PM
Yep, Ikea Poaeng. Affordable and very comfortable, although I've been meaning to spend the $50 on the nicer cloth covering.

Cheers guys got one for myself :)

Blue Jam

Quote from: QDRPHNC on April 20, 2020, 03:00:58 PM

Who eats and drinks out of those bowls, and do you have a cute picture of them?

Love the nice sunny colours btw, looks like a nice isolation pad.

QDRPHNC

Thank you!

Those bowls belong to Two-Bite, my girlfriend's dog. He is very small and stupid.

Blue Jam

Awww, cheers for that! I love his crazy ears and his mullet. I wish I had a small and stupid lockdown dog to keep me amused right now. Missing getting my dog fix down the pub. All we've got round here is STONKY CADES coming into the garden, and I can't say hello to them in case they corona me up.

kittens

i have the same poang and recently replaced the unsightly red cover with a beautiful mustard yellow cover from wonderful amazon. i sit in my other chair and stare lovingly at my newly beatiful chair. highly recommended.

QDRPHNC

Didn't even occur to me you could get a non-Ikea cover. Cheers for the tip!

Sebastian Cobb

Looks like there's all sorts of mad printed covers on Etsy too.

Dewt

Really into the idea of getting a Poang chair. This is going to sound sarcastic but it's exactly what I've been looking for to replace my grandma couch (this is literally the couch of somebody's German grandma who died of her insides exploding)

My apartment looks quite nice in photos. In photos.

A ten year old boy made my coffee table. Paid him $150 for it. Good boy. It's falling apart a bit but that's the charm of it.

Noodle Lizard

Dewt

Thank you - I only show the nice part of it. The rest is really dingy. Those two windows are the only windows in the entire place, so the bedrooms and bathroom and hallway make you feel like you need to take a vitamin D supplement before you spend any time in there.

wasp_f15ting

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 21, 2020, 09:24:02 PM
Looks like there's all sorts of mad printed covers on Etsy too.

Mine arrives tomorrow.. might have to see if there is a William Morris cover
Thanks for the heads up