Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:42:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Your quarantine station..

Started by wasp_f15ting, April 20, 2020, 11:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dewt

otaku

That's what it says in your user text wasp_f15ting
otaku

I done figured that out myself with my newly-acquired kana skills

wasp_f15ting

Indeed!

I am not sure if its just me, but this quarantine has me planning what to put in my rooms after lock down..

This is the back bit of the chair I posted earlier.. I need to get some floating bookshelves maybe ...

Dewt

Looks great! But please prop up your vinyl it's bending

wasp_f15ting

This was when I first moved in.

It has been arranged properly since then :)

Cant wait to do a bit of crate digging after this mess is over

bgmnts

Am I the only on here who lives in an actual tiny, messy shithole?

Quite surprised.

wasp_f15ting

The poang is excellent - thanks to this thread :)

Do you guys have a foot stool for yours? Not sure whether that's helpful or not!

Abnormal Palm

I got a footstool with mine and literally stamped through it in a frenzy trying to get S++ Rank on Ikaruga, which I did get.

wasp_f15ting

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on April 23, 2020, 07:31:04 PM
I got a footstool with mine and literally stamped through it in a frenzy trying to get S++ Rank on Ikaruga, which I did get.

I am glad that worked out well!

I think the only time I nearly broke my controller was when I was on the Blood Starved Beast on BloodBorne..
So.. much rage

Dewt

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: wasp_f15ting on April 21, 2020, 11:57:30 PM
Indeed!

I am not sure if its just me, but this quarantine has me planning what to put in my rooms after lock down..

This is the back bit of the chair I posted earlier.. I need to get some floating bookshelves maybe ...

In the left corner of my lounge is the plinth for a turntable I should be painting, and in the right a load of records that should be sorted.

wasp_f15ting

Quote from: QDRPHNC on April 20, 2020, 03:00:58 PM

Without copying your whole set up.. please tell me that side table with your coffee and laptop wasnt some thrift store find, and is widely available? looks perfect for putting my walkman on!

Cerys

QDRPHNC

It's an Indian-style nesting table, they come in all different heights and surfaces.

The ones Cerys linked too are very expensive though, because of the wood tops. Mine is a glossy metal, got it at Homesense - don't know if you have it over there, it's the furniture version of TK / TJ Maxx. Owned by the same company. 

Cerys

Well, bugger - the first I found were metal, but I was convinced yours was wood.

QDRPHNC

I have a wood one in another room. Perhaps you meant that one?

Nah, this one is a weird corrugated brass type metal with a layer of... Glossy acrylic? Or something, over the top of it.

Jittlebags

This is mine. Our outhouse shed. It's been a bit chilly at times, but we've got a lean-to greenouse outside the window, and that's now pumping heat in.

QDRPHNC

I'd love a private shed for all my bits.

The Bumlord

I'm currently (well, not at this very moment) working from my living room, using the far too low table as a desk while sitting on the sofa, hunched forward, giving myself unbelievable back ache.

I do have a desk in the corner of the room but it's covered in old receipts, packaging, bits of electronics etc.

I could tidy it but I saw a false widow wandering into said rubbish about six months ago and I've been too scared to touch it ever since.

Help.

imitationleather

The Bumlord

Dewt

Quote from: QDRPHNC on April 23, 2020, 11:25:29 PM
I'd love a private shed for all my bits.
That is my life goal

Gotta get out of apartment life

wasp_f15ting

Thanks for the inspiration QD, I created a reading zone in the bedroom finally.. I ended up adding a wireless speaker to add some background tunes for the daytime :)

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Wankstains on carpet curiously absent.

imitationleather

Your places are nice. I really should sort out my dank pit at some point.

wasp_f15ting

There is something about consuming Japanese Media that makes me want to clean up..

I was watching my guilty pleasure (Terrace House) on Netflix and I have been obsessed with keeping every room super neat.

imitationleather

We're going to move to a bigger place once estate agencies are back at work. My days of having to work from my bedroom will finally be over!

QDRPHNC

Nice stuff, wasp! Love the little brass tray, I use something similar in the bedroom for keys and change and that. The black Poang cover looks great, puts me in the mood to get something more muted than the red.

Also, just noticed your monster of a Walkman. Worth the money over just listening to music on your phone? I'm in the market, want to listen to flac files and sick of the volume limit on my Pixel. The Fiio M7 has been tickling my fancy, but I really don't know much about DAPs:

wasp_f15ting

Yeah, I went a bit OTT with the DAP - the WM1Z is a beast weights about half a Kilo, however the sound output is phenomenal.

As long as the DAPs have a low noise floor and a decent output you'll be fine. What earphones do you have? I have some Campfire Audio Solaris, and they pick up noise from most players, so that's why I went for the WM1Z.. also they match colour wise :

As for phone comparisons, my iPhone via a lighting dongle sounds like someone is shouting into a watering can for these earphones. So tend to not do any proper listening on my phone, though do use the air pod pros for listening to audible and podcasts.

Its tricky matching the right earphone to the DAP.

This guy does excellent reviews:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Currawong/videos

This buyers guide has various price-points too for DAPs
https://www.headfonia.com/best-portable-player-dap/

QDRPHNC

Cheers for the links.

I use AKG Y50s - which are around the price point I'm interested in. I want something better than my phone, but I'm not an audiophile either, so I was hoping the M7 would hit that sweet spot.