Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:15:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corona Zombies (2020 Corona-virus and Zombie film)

Started by weekender, April 20, 2020, 06:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weekender

I'm always in two minds about horror/zombie films.  The ones that are done really well with a focus on the horror - Night of the Living Dead etc - are captivating, wonderful pieces of cinema.  On the other hand you can get ones like One Cut of the Dead which veer more towards the homage/comedy aspect and again manage to pull off something incredibly worthwhile albeit for different reasons. 

In the interests of balance, you can also get horror/zombie films that are crap.

Then I hear about a film like Corona Zombies, and I honestly don't know what I'm going to make of it.

So, I shall simply copy and paste from this review before I get on with watching, and don't tell me this doesn't intrigue you.

QuoteAs they say, the winner is the first to cross the finish line. The winner of the first Coronavirus horror film race goes to Corona Zombies, from Full Moon Features. It's a spectacular feat, but how exactly do you make a zombie movie, while practicing social distancing and have a cast and crew of only two to three people? The answer is simple – combine two existing movies, Hell of the Living Dead and Zombies vs. Strippers, redub all the dialogue, and add a scene or two with the film's only real actress, Cody Renee Cameron.

QuoteI know you're bored and looking for new content to watch. Honestly, you can't go wrong with Corona Zombies.

It's only an hour long and available now.  Looking forward to it!

weekender

Haven't properly laughed much for ages, this was good.

It's got nearly everything - great commentary, great editing, great horror, great comedy.

The only thing I would do differently is that it sags a little towards the end, so that's when I'd bring Peter Serafinowicz in to do a Beatles music number.

Been here over 20 years, you know I'm not his agent.  But "A Full Day In The Life" fits quite nicely with this ending of this type of film.