Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:27:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stewart Lee, Robin Ince, Josie Long corona stream

Started by Retinend, April 20, 2020, 06:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retinend

DJ Bob Hoskins

From the comments: "Julian Assange has let himself go".  Heh.

Captain Z

Quote from: DJ Bob Hoskins on April 20, 2020, 07:16:55 PM
From the comments: "Julian Assange has let himself go".  Heh.

Pointless Snowflake/Tornado spoiler alert:

Spoiler alert
He opens his latest tour with that one.
[close]

Ferris

Annie Labuntur

Quote from: Pranet on April 21, 2020, 11:13:13 PM
The same glasses they all have again.

Good evening. And it's wonderful to be back with you again, isn't it Stew?

It certainly is, Robin. And in a padded-out podcast tonight we'll be talking to someone whose voice and mannerisms are indistinguishable from ours. But first the news, and on the M4 a cement mixer lorry has been involved in a collision with a minibus carrying Extinction Rebellion protestors. Police have reportedly arrested 14 hardened criminals.

chveik

Annie Labuntur

dissolute ocelot

The theme music goes on about a minute too long, which is the first sign of a terrible podcast. Was there a weird echo or did Long just repeat herself a lot? Ince and Long are two of the people I personally find least funny while respecting as nice people I want nothing to do with, but I certainly don't need to know about Robin Ince's exercise routine, and Josie Long's early hysterics seemed unjustified, so I didn't wait for Lee (you can fast-forward videos? How does that work.)

checkoutgirl

Are podcasts in general getting more boring? I listened to Chris D'elalia on Joe Rogan but gave up after 15 minutes of them prattling on about their dogs. I hate listening to people droning on about their pets.

Most podcasts I've ventured forth lately with seem to be 97% about vid19 but I'd prefer something of a distraction from it. Myeah.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on April 22, 2020, 09:45:21 AM
Was there a weird echo or did Long just repeat herself a lot?

There was a weird echo, a technical glitch. Obviously. You don't actually think Long was repeating herself?

Quote from: checkoutgirl on April 22, 2020, 10:01:07 AM
Are podcasts in general getting more boring? I listened to Chris D'elalia on Joe Rogan but gave up after 15 minutes of them prattling on about their dogs. I hate listening to people droning on about their pets.

It got quite good in the last hour when Bryan Callen turned up and started sparring with D'Elia.

I didn't find that boring at all, it was a nice thing to have on in the background. A bunch of nerds yakking about nerd stuff.

I'm fascinated by Stew's living conditions, though. He has an Anderson shelter adjoined to his house?!

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on April 22, 2020, 11:26:16 AM
I didn't find that boring at all, it was a nice thing to have on in the background. A bunch of nerds yakking about nerd stuff.

I'm fascinated by Stew's living conditions, though. He has an Anderson shelter adjoined to his house?!

Quick question, I'm not trying to shit-stir, but I recently read a really old thread on here and you seemed to genuinely loathe Josie Long. What made you change your mind (or do you still dislike her but enjoy the distraction of this podcast)?

Brundle-Fly

It would be in their garden, no?

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 22, 2020, 02:02:07 PM
Quick question, I'm not trying to shit-stir, but I recently read a really old thread on here and you seemed to genuinely loathe Josie Long. What made you change your mind (or do you still dislike her but enjoy the distraction of this podcast)?

You're mixing me up with someone else? I don't think I've ever expressed a strong opinion about Josie Long. I once saw her do stand-up about 15 years ago, and didn't think she was much cop, but she's clearly a nice, good person. I just... when have I ever expressed loathing for Josie Long?

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on April 22, 2020, 02:38:22 PM
You're mixing me up with someone else? I don't think I've ever expressed a strong opinion about Josie Long. I once saw her do stand-up about 15 years ago, and didn't think she was much cop, but she's clearly a nice, good person. I just... when have I ever expressed loathing for Josie Long?

You must ask for the evidence to be presented. What was the thread?

Sebastian Cobb

I got confused about the anderson shelter stuff, as I thought they generally had curved roofs And he mentioned something about it being in a cellar. It certainly looked like a cellar although he did have a bokeh effect enabled.

Mango Chimes

Yes, it's not an Anderson shelter, they were makeshift things made of corrugated steel. It looks like he's in a room with brick walls and a high wooden ceiling. He's presumably in a cellar that was reinforced and is misusing the term to mean, more broadly, an air raid shelter.

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on April 22, 2020, 06:35:57 PM
You must ask for the evidence to be presented. What was the thread?

Yeah, can you link to the thread hollyzombiejesus? Quite perturbed about this. I'll throw my hands up and apologise if I've ever said anything nasty about Josie Long. In all honesty, I can't remember ever doing that.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on April 22, 2020, 07:55:03 PM
Yeah, can you link to the thread hollyzombiejesus? Quite perturbed about this. I'll throw my hands up and apologise if I've ever said anything nasty about Josie Long. In all honesty, I can't remember ever doing that.

I'm looking! I remember a thread where people were being pretty vile about her and I was really surprised to see you in the thread as you've never struck me as being that kind of person. Give me a minute. (I'll happily apologise if I was mistaken.)

holyzombiejesus

Ah, you've got nothing to be perturbed about. I won't even bother quoting what you said as, whilst it was a little critical of JL, it was nothing like the rest of the comments in that thread. As I said in my last post, I only really noticed your posts as you've never struck me as the type to be vicious.

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 22, 2020, 08:51:12 PM
Ah, you've got nothing to be perturbed about. I won't even bother quoting what you said as, whilst it was a little critical of JL, it was nothing like the rest of the comments in that thread. As I said in my last post, I only really noticed your posts as you've never struck me as the type to be vicious.

Okay. Phew. If it's the thread I'm thinking of, there was loads of nasty shit thrown her way. I probably just said that I didn't find her particularly funny.

Noodle Lizard

I've never written anything bad about Josie Long (here or elsewhere), but she was cringeworthily poor on this and I wish she had been elsewhere when it was recorded.

Danger Man

When you find out he doesn't have a cat called Corbyn you'll shit brix.

Don't take anything he says at face value!

Noodle Lizard

I quit when the musical interlude happened. I think what this really taught me is that I was after a Stewart Lee interview more than anything else.

mojo filters

Quote from: Mango Chimes on April 22, 2020, 07:11:47 PM
Yes, it's not an Anderson shelter, they were makeshift things made of corrugated steel. It looks like he's in a room with brick walls and a high wooden ceiling. He's presumably in a cellar that was reinforced and is misusing the term to mean, more broadly, an air raid shelter.

I haven't seen it, but if it's all indoors it sounds technically more like some variation on a Morrison shelter.

The original designs were basically human cages, barely bigger than a coffin (although there were space-saving double decker bunk bed types too.)

bgmnts

Quote from: checkoutgirl on April 22, 2020, 10:01:07 AM
Are podcasts in general getting more boring?

Possibly but when anyone and their mum can get a podcast its always going to be 90% dirge.

As long as Bob Mortimer keeps pouring out his comedic genius on Mince i'm as happy as a pig in shit.