Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:45:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Censored Movies You Love?

Started by MortSahlFan, April 20, 2020, 08:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MortSahlFan

"Ucho" (The Ear) was "released" in 1970, but not officially until 1990 (end of the USSR).

It's a fine movie, and very well executed. I'll paste the IMDB description, since I don't want to spoil it, but if there are some who have seen it, we can always use the Spoiler tool on here to get more in-depth.

"After coming home from a Party gathering one night, a Czechoslovakian official becomes convinced that he is about to be the subject of a political purge and tries to do damage control, while also dealing with his turbulent marriage."

A good way I'd describe it is "The Lives of Others" meets "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"

I'm going to look into this movie more, but very eager to throw this out there "before its too late!"

Dex Sawash

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

The version of Robocop on ITV, with all the swearing dubbed over.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Dex Sawash on April 21, 2020, 09:16:58 PM
FROZEN

How on earth did they make that without including the "I want you to take me up the [North Mountain!]" bit?

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on April 22, 2020, 07:26:00 PM
How on earth did they make that without including the "I want you to take me up the [North Mountain!]" bit?

A couple of years ago I was watching one of the live at the Hyperion versions and after the line "why have a ballroom with no balls" someone cackled with laughter.

Attila

Smokey and the Bandit is one of my favourite films, lotta childhood memories tied up in that one (partly from my non-tosser brother taking me to see it in a $1 theatre, partly that he bought a car just like the black one Burt Reynolds drives in the film).

However -- the TV-version is legendary for having all of the swearing dubbed over with milder versions of all the bad words.