Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,469
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:15:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fictional Band Names ( Might Be Succesful, Might Not Be)

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, April 22, 2020, 10:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: purlieu on April 23, 2020, 12:43:07 PM
Back before we fell out, my friend sent me a text: "Good name for our band: Electric Donkey".
This wasn't why we fell out, but in hindsight maybe it should have been.

Electric Hoverdonkey, on the other hand, would be brilliant.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on April 23, 2020, 05:48:16 PM
Robot Grief Dog

Tabard  70's progressive rock band from Doncaster on the Vertigo label

In the Coronation St thread, I used to like the CaB nickname for Eillen's boyfriend, Paul Kershaw. 'Tiny Fireman'. A fey 80s indie band from Hastings on the Cherry Red label,

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Kindness Is Magic could be another Cherry Red In The 1980s band, happy labelmates with Fantastic Something.

Gulftastic

Cadaverous Muthafuckas. First album called 'Diabolical Brutality'

PlanktonSideburns

SteveDave

Quote from: Jockice on April 22, 2020, 05:57:00 PM
The And. Surprised if this hasn't already been used.

I always thought and the would be a good name.  All in lower case.  And not in bold type.

Inspector Norse

Last time I was in a band I tried to convince my bandmates that we should be called The Red Menace.

When I was younger and dreaming of rock stardom I planned on calling my band Screen. Not too bad a name I don't think.

And I think there must be a try-hard metal band somewhere called Cloven Penis.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Traction Freighter
Unshreddable Events
The Fred West Side Story
The Mortuary Sect
The Tattered Remnants
Fishing For Condiments
Bastards on the Line
Mr Lizard
Powdered Glass
Where's Maddy?
Basil The Rat
Linear North
Simon Says Die!
Stanton Ductile
The Crawling Boards
The Moe Greene Specials

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

chveik

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

popcorn

Always thought Readers' Wives would be a good name for some sort of grotty pub act.

rue the polywhirl

Quote from: Drop Dead Fred on April 25, 2020, 12:08:52 AM
Traction Freighter
Unshreddable Events
The Fred West Side Story
The Mortuary Sect
The Tattered Remnants
Fishing For Condiments
Bastards on the Line
Mr Lizard
Powdered Glass
Where's Maddy?
Basil The Rat
Linear North
Simon Says Die!
Stanton Ductile
The Crawling Boards
The Moe Greene Specials

Fail. There's actually a band of some sorts called mr lizard with recordings and stuff.

https://misterlizard.bandcamp.com/

Brundle-Fly

flotemysost

In the mid 00s I remember suggesting my brother should call his band Milkjam. No idea why, and I'm glad he didn't. (Although I think they just ended up naming it after an existing domain name their mate had created, which happened to be available to use as the nascent band's website. Probably a pretty common story around that time.)

As a young teen I also used to imagine I could one day start a band called Sin Hielo, as in, we would be so fucking cool already, no ice for our drinks, ta. But looks like that exists, or existed, already:

QuoteThe band's Spanish name represents both the new hot sound its has created and the sexy clientele that has jumped on the band's touring party vardo.

Shit, no sexy clientele for me, then.

Quote from: hummingofevil on April 23, 2020, 03:52:01 AM
I dreamt a load of band names a few years ago. And woke up and wrote them all down. It was the clearest dream I ever had. I can't find the notes but from memory.

Trash - post-90s glam britpop
Daniel In The Lion's Den - Alt Hip Hop
Victory: Jesus - Christian Rock
Woodfugus - Prison-Burzum style lo-fi keyboard only Black metal
Bin -  Supported Graham Coxon in 2005
The Field Goals - American Teenage Fanclub wannabees.
Child Molester - Breakcore/gabba
Michael - Electro pop. Maybe Electroclash or romo.

There were more. I'll get back to you.

Edit: The weirdest thing is I think most of these are actually quite good. My subconcious is far more creative than my waking self.

Bloody love dreams like this. The above are all very plausible. Never dreamed up a band, but I did once dream about a pretentious nightclub called The Sex Fridge.

hummingofevil

Mate just realised he has my original list. These are band name I legitimately dreamt into existence.

- Wood Fungus
- Child Molester
- Victory Jesus
- Ugly Robert Miles
- Ben A. Lux
- Twat Foot
- The Field Goals
- Marshmallow Halo
- Daniel In The Lion's Den
- Smooth Calculator
- Quays
- Bouncer and The Dreams
- Hillary
- Darren Day Lewis
- Toe
- Spider and The Visors.
- Celine Dying
- Frank Plastic

And my take of what genre they are:

Woodfungus - Burzam style prison keyboard black metal. Childmolester - Dark breakcore. . Victory Jesus - Anthemic Christian Rock, Elbow for evangelicals. Ugly Robert Miles - VVM glitch core. Ben A. Lux - Zero 7 lame electronica. Twat Foot - Big Muff heavy grundgy shoegaze. The Field Goals - America College Kids who only ever listen to Teenage Fanclub and Galaxie 500 . Marshmallow Halo - 1993 pre-Britpop eyeshadow glam. Daniel In The Lion's Den - Alt Hip Hop. Smooth Calculator - Chip tune covers of mid 90s RnB tracks. Quays - post-Oasis lad rock. Bouncer and the Dreams - two part harmony credible Aussie rock with surf guitars. Hillary - Centrist Riot Grrrl. Darren Day Lewis - ??? Toe - Graham Coxon's solo stuff to Twat Foot's Blur. Spider and the Visors - Edgar Wright synth prog grooves. Celine Dying -neo-Goth,. Frank Plastic - Electronic soul music - think I Love You Nancy by Kool Keith or Jamie Lidell.

hummingofevil

Suggests for Darren Day Lewis welcome. I'm going to make tracks by all these if it kills me.

hummingofevil

Oh and having read back the rest of you posts I will augment this to

2. The English Child Molester.