Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:44:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tooth bastardry

Started by Cerys, April 23, 2020, 03:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

One of my teeth has decided to continue falling apart.  Really chose its moment.  Fucksake.

Cerys

BlodwynPig

Not a sympathy hug, he has a fetish for gummy ladies

Cerys

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Hannah -Barbara consider " Wacky Races" villain name rewrite.

shiftwork2

I have an abscess on a lower right molar.  It's painless, perhaps because the tooth has been root filled.  My dental practice was useless as everything is suspended, even emergencies.  They may be able to refer me to an NHS dentist at some point in the next few days or maybe not.  That's great thanks.  So I've rummaged through the bathroom cabinet and found some recently expired amoxicillin and it seems to be doing the trick.  Pretty bloody lucky.

Cerys

I'm lucky in that it isn't hurting ... yet.  I was tempted to engage in some DIY dentistry with wood filler, but decided to get hold of some dental stuff instead.  If I can.  Oddly enough the good stuff seems to be selling out pretty quickly.

Endicott

My dentist actually rang me up to cancel my checkup appointment, and we rescheduled it for July. I asked what I should do if my wisdom tooth plays up and gets infected again like it did last summer, and she said they'd probably be able to prescribe me some antibiotics over the phone, which was what sorted me out last time.

I thought that was pretty good considering I'd been under the impression that all the dentists have shut. 

Dex Sawash

I have a tooth that my dentist has been trying to refer me for a root canal about for 3 years. He said it has a draining fistula which sounds sexier than it must actually be.
"Man that thing gon blow up on you"

Feels a little tweaky this week. Hope it ain't gon blow up on me now.

Cloud

I think you can still get emergency dentistry can't you?  They won't leave you in agony.  Worth asking!  Should even be able to get it on the NHS which at least around here is something you normally have to wait 6 months just to be considered for.

OT: I was watching Life on Mars recently and suddenly Endicott appeared.  Always interesting when an avatar is unexpectedly put into context.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteOne of my teeth has decided to continue

The Morrissey of teeth.

The Bumlord

Glad to see some fellow scurvyites.

My teeth have completely fallen apart over the last few months, thanks to ignoring an abscess and being shit scared of dentists.

I'd say it's ruined my life but it wasn't that great to beging with tbh

Jittlebags

I've got one where the dentist a few years was going to fit a crown to, and backtracked when she started going in, with a whooaaa. Stuck a bit of glop in instead. I've got a bit of a metal spike poking out of it, which I got another dentist to grind down, but it's a bit pointy again now. I must say, I do now question my purchase of that big bag of pub grade pork sratchings. Even with crunching on the 'safe' side, that's a molar meltdown waiting to happen.

Cerys

It was a single cheesy Dorito that did for my tooth this time.  Humiliating.  On the upside, I've got some dental cement due to arrive within a week.  I'd prefer resin, but hey.

Cold Meat Platter

Fuji 9? Bob Mortimer recommended it.

Cerys

Jittlebags

Quote from: Cerys on April 24, 2020, 02:01:35 AM
It was a single cheesy Dorito that did for my tooth this time.  Humiliating.  On the upside, I've got some dental cement due to arrive within a week.  I'd prefer resin, but hey.

Hmm. I hadn't considered doing my own dentistry, but you may be on to something here. Maybe a Draper multi tool and a mirror is the way to go.

Pranet

Just broke a chunk off one my teeth. Not hurting yet.

shiftwork2

I have a check up a week on Monday.  The dentist called yesterday to ask about symptoms and also to explain the new deal.  There's a holding area at the rear of the practice where temperatures will be taken before entering.  No waiting room, no toilet facilities.  Masks are mandatory when the actual business isn't occurring.  And it's just check-ups - if any non-emergency drilling is required then that's for some time in the future.  Emergencies still get referred to some regional practice.

Pranet

My dentist has a message on the website saying they hope to be open in July, but what they will actually be able to do I don't know and I get the feeling they don't either at the moment.

Captain Crunch

Should be getting better from next week but the waiting lists will be silly:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52913826

You & Yours have been having the most HORRIFIC interviews with people who have either attempted their own dentistry or had emergency extractions.  Really not for the squeamish.