Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:30:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Yie Ar Kung Fu

Started by Abnormal Palm, April 24, 2020, 11:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abnormal Palm

Literally means 'one, two, kung fu'.

Oolong.

Fan.

Buchu.

Chain.

Great memories.

Bought it on the Switch the other week. Played for one second. Total shit.

Dewt

That's the "ugh, choose another standard retro font" font.

crankshaft

It's not a game that's aged very well but it's fine for a quick session. I always preferred Yie Ar Kung Fu 2 on the MSX but I seem to be alone in this opinion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-X6ElsXKHI

Dewt

Quote from: Dewt on April 24, 2020, 11:54:07 AM
That's the "ugh, choose another standard retro font" font.
It is a retro game you foolsuck

bgmnts

You wanna get Kung Fu Chaos.

Dewt

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

QDRPHNC

The king of all old karate games is Kung Fu Master. Classic music, still addictive to this day, and the distinctive sound effects immediately whisk me back to the arcades on the Isle of Man in the 80s.

Abnormal Palm

Yesssssss. I can hear the music instantly when I watch that gif. I played it at Arcade Club last year. Still really playable and fun.

beanheadmcginty

IK+ is clearly the best. Pressing T to drop their trousers never, ever loses its novelty.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on April 26, 2020, 10:45:32 PM
IK+ is clearly the best. Pressing T to drop their trousers never, ever loses its novelty.

Preferred the original IK. Don't feel the extra player added anything and the music wasn't as good (C64).
Yie Ar Kung Fu was cool on the c64 as well. The loading music was great, if I remember correctly.
There was also Way of the Exploding Fist which was the first of the Karate Champ-style games for 8-bit computers but that had an exploit which made it easy to win by spamming one move (low kick, I think). Fist 2 was panned by the magazines but I liked it, it had a weird atmosphere and soundtrack.

The Bumlord

Still have traumatic memories of being this far from completing Fist 2 on the Speccy when a power cut ruined my hopes and dreams.

kngen

Was probably the first thing I downloaded for MAME so I could finally get past Tonfun without spending all my pocket money. I did, and a 20-year wait was over.

Eat your heart out, Proust.