Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:27:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I'm rewatching The Onion News Network!

Started by weekender, April 24, 2020, 07:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weekender

Anyone fancy a rewatch of these?

8 seconds in and this is what's happened over a load of incredibly professional graphics:

QuoteWhen the real world is gripped by confusion and terror, there's only one news network you can turn to.

Cut to another graphic:

QuoteIt's definitely the most exciting school shooting in years!

Laughing already.

I'm looking forward to seeing their autistic reporter Michael Falk again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D04wb7P_v-4

My gut feeling is that I remember laughing more at Onion Sportsdome that I did at Onion News Network (not that I didn't laugh at that), but it's going to be interesting to watch them again.

Anyone?  PM me if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: weekender on April 24, 2020, 07:01:11 PM
My gut feeling is that I remember laughing more at Onion Sportsdome that I did at Onion News Network (not that I didn't laugh at that), but it's going to be interesting to watch them again.

That's my memory too as it goes, which surprised at the time as you'd think mocking the news would give them more scope to be funny, but yeah, Sportsdome was definitely the better of the two.

As for your suggestion of rewatching them - fuck off you dirty pirating cunt, they're not available legally in this country* and I'm not going to prison just so you have someone to chat about them with.

*Apart from Onion News Network on dvd, which I do happen to own.

Pseudopath

I did love this show greatly back in the day. Michael Falk was a definite highlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5ROoNT7-ZI

Ant Farm Keyboard

I definitely remember his report on the train collision as the highlight of the series.

The show was also the first time I noticed Brian Huskey in anything. He was a regular member of the panel.