Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:13:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Mafia Game Sign-up thread

Started by gib, April 24, 2020, 11:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gib

This is the thread where you can sign up to join the exciting CaB Mafia game, further details to follow soon.

Flouncer

hedgehog90

"I coulda been somebody, I coulda been a contender."

Oh wait, wrong Brando quote.

gib

DrGreggles

Flouncer

Quote from: hedgehog90 on April 24, 2020, 11:24:18 PM
"I coulda been somebody, I coulda been a contender."

Oh wait, wrong Brando quote.

You come into this thread on the day my daughter is to be married, and you make non-relevant Brando quotes.

chveik

MSG

hedgehog90

Quote from: Flouncer on April 24, 2020, 11:27:46 PM
You come into this thread on the day my daughter is to be married, and you make non-relevant Brando quotes.

*Forces an entire stick of butter into Flouncer's anus*

MSG

where's fuckin' gib? this is his fault

gib

MSG is NOT my sock puppet account

MSG

true: he won't wash his hands, even though he's in retail

gib

1. Flouncer
2. hedgehog90
3. DrGreggles
4. Danger Man

Please post the game rules, MSG.

MSG

The Rules

1. Game setup

This will be a standard Mafia timed game. Game Days will run for 24 hours commencing at either 10 PM or 10 AM UK time, and will be followed by a 12-hour Night phase.

The game is split into distinct Day and Night phases. In the Day, all players can interact with each other in the game thread, talking shit, asking questions, and trying to decide who should be lynched.

During the Night, game play stops and only the dark forces of the Mafia team and Town specials can go to work. There is no public game thread and Town players cannot communicate with others about the game.

2. Teams

The GM (Game Master, i.e. me, assisted by gib) will randomly assign you a role in the game, on 1 of 2 teams: the Town players and the Mafia Scum team.

The aim of the game for Town is to find and root out all threats, in other words find and lynch all members of the Mafia Scum team.

The Mafia scum team, on the other hand, need to achieve parity with Town -  equal numbers of Town and Scum.

In this game there are 12 players and as it is a n00b game it will be an open setup.

There are 3 Mafia scum players: 2 Mafia goons, who have no special powers, and the Don, who will appear town-like if viewed at night by the Town Cop. Scum can communicate with each other in secret during day and night phases.

There are 9 Town players: 7 vanilla Townies who have no special powers, a Town Doctor and a Town Cop. Town players cannot communicate with each other outside of the public game thread.

Lynched or night-killed players can no longer participate in the game.

3. Lynch voting

Lynching is by voting and as this a timed game, it is a First Past The Post majority vote (rather like the travesty you Poms call Parliamentary Democracy).

You may vote to lynch player x simply by posting vote player x (bold black text).

You can remove your vote at any time up until Nightfall by posting unvote player x, or by voting for another player - vote player y.

Whichever player has attracted the most votes at the designated Nightfall time will be lynched.

If there is a tie, the GM will randomise the lynch.

4. Night actions

The Mafia team will choose another player to night-kill each night.

The Doc can choose to protect 1 player each night. That player will then survive if targeted by the Mafia for a night-kill. The Doc can protect him or herself but cannot protect the same player on 2 consecutive nights.

The Cop can choose to investigate 1 player each night, to find out if they appear to be aligned to Town or Mafia.

5. The GM

Is God. His word is law.

You may not quote the words of the GM in the game thread, including the description of your role or any private messages. You can paraphrase.

gib will be assistant GM and will help answer any questions etc.

Cerys

rue the polywhirl

Just when I thought I was done with Mafia they pull me back in... oh wait I have never played this game before. Count me in.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I don't fully understand this even after reading it, I am very likely to get DEAD SOON'd and I am generally quite stupid and forgetful. I'm in.

MSG

this is the perfect qualification for a mafia player

MSG

1. Flouncer
2. hedgehog90
3. DrGreggles
4. Danger Man
5. Cerys
6. rue the polywhirl
7. Andrew Lloyg Wegger
8. ...
9. ...
10. ...
11. ...
12. Yes, dear reader, even you

Jim Bob

*pulls Tommy Gun out and mows down every other fucker*

I win!

Yay, go me!

Cerys

I was in the loo and now you're out of bullets.  I have an axe.  Your move.

shiftwork2

poo

Buelligan

What Angrew said.  Are we allowed time off though?  I'm in the middle of laying a floor.

gib

At the beginning everyone is secretly told whether they are a bad guy or a good guy. The bad guys know each other and can secretly communicate, but their team is smaller. The good guys know nothing, and have to converse in thread. Good guys try to figure out who the bad guys are and "eliminate" them. Bad guys pretend they're trying to help, but truly want to steer the mob the wrong way.

hedgehog90

I'm up for this. No idea what it is. But I'm up for it.

Sure pop me in, I don't understand the rules at all. i'm sure I can pick it up though.