Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:15:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2020 - Round Two - hedgehog90 vs ZoyzaSorris

Started by hedgehog90, April 25, 2020, 11:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hedgehog90

Not bothered either way but are gifs not allowable then?

alan nagsworth

What the hell is happening I don't understand. That was your shot right?

ZoyzaSorris

Ha love it! I mean obviously absolutely horrific. Hedgehog's still got til first thing tomorrow to turn it into a montage version or something though no?

selectivememory

No, of course gifs aren't allowed!

The rules refer to shots as "pictures", and gifs aren't pictures.

I think it would be an unfair advantage if they were allowed. Plenty of people (like me for instance) with a basic grasp of how to mess about with images can win matches in Wimblewrong if they have a decent idea and execute it competently. But allowing gifs would put the really talented ones at an even bigger advantage than they already have.

selectivememory

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on April 30, 2020, 08:37:11 PM
Hedgehog's still got til first thing tomorrow to turn it into a montage version or something though no?

Yeah, of course, if he wants to.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: selectivememory on April 30, 2020, 08:37:44 PM
No, of course gifs aren't allowed!

The rules refer to shots as "pictures", and gifs aren't pictures.

I think it would be an unfair advantage if they were allowed. Plenty of people (like me for instance) with a basic grasp of how to mess about with images can win matches in Wimblewrong if we have a decent idea and execute it competently. But allowing gifs would put the really talented ones at an even bigger advantage than they already have.

Absolutely, we went through gif-gate many years ago and it was ruled that they shouldn't be allowed back then.

alan nagsworth

Oh sorry I didn't see it was a gif, was browsing on my phone and it hasn't loaded! It is fucking ace though.

greencalx

Ok if that's a settled rule, but I was going to mention that one of the definitions of "picture" is "a cinema film".

hedgehog90

edited my post to include a still image. Shall I delete the gif? Seems a shame.

greencalx

I think more people need to not be able to unsee it. Maybe post it again after the match is over.

selectivememory

Quote from: greencalx on April 30, 2020, 09:05:39 PM
I think more people need to not be able to unsee it. Maybe post it again after the match is over.

I think that's fairest. It's a great gif, but I don't think it should be accompanying the shot whilst voting is ongoing.

Quote from: greencalx on April 30, 2020, 09:01:02 PM
Ok if that's a settled rule, but I was going to mention that one of the definitions of "picture" is "a cinema film".

True. But luckily SMBH was there to back me up!

wasp_f15ting

Cerys

I didn't see it before the edit, so I choose to believe that the gif in question can best be described using the word 'pulsating'.

alan nagsworth

ZoyzaSorris

Im presuming I have until when the still image was updated rather than from when the gif was posted? haven't had much time so hoping to get in a last min speech

ZoyzaSorris

cool im on it after dinner :) last minute effort i meant, speech was autocorrect or something

kittens

ZoyzaSorris

ZoyzaSorris

extreme rush job but at least got something up :)

selectivememory

Really funny match. Could go either way on this tbh, but I think I'll go with Zoyza for the superb Garrison parody.

chveik

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Zoyza for the Garrison jobby. Very much enjoyed Hedge's efforts though.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

greencalx

Lordofthefiles

wasp_f15ting