Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:47:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2020 - Round Two - Small Man Big Horse vs Johnny Yesno

Started by Small Man Big Horse, April 26, 2020, 12:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Cerys

I have a horrible premonition that you'll turn out to be not far off.

BlodwynPig

touchingcloth

My main surprise is learning that there are only twelve series so far, I thought there were hundreds of the things.

QDRPHNC

Johnny Yesno

Cerys

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 26, 2020, 11:32:46 PM
My main surprise is learning that there are only twelve series so far, I thought there were hundreds of the things.

Well it's 12 since the reboot, there were twenty six before that during the classic era.

Johnny Yesno

Cerys

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on April 28, 2020, 03:36:44 PM
Haha! Fuck. That's one hell of a volley.

I have to ask why? No offence SMBH, but its just words or did I miss something?

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 28, 2020, 04:20:25 PM
It's building on the Fast Show reference in the previous image. You know Mark William's character who describes something extraordinarily amazing and fortunate happening to him, only to sum it up with "Which was nice"?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on April 28, 2020, 04:33:51 PM
It's building on the Fast Show reference in the previous image. You know Mark William's character who describes something extraordinarily amazing and fortunate happening to him, only to sum it up with "Which was nice"?

Never saw the fast show, which was nice.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 28, 2020, 04:35:11 PM
Never saw the fast show, which was nice.

Oh, right. My shot won't make much sense to you either, in that case.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on April 28, 2020, 04:53:06 PM
Oh, right. My shot won't make much sense to you either, in that case.

Doesn't matter, that face is a thing of glory

greencalx

Few of the shots make sense to me, a combination I think of my reference points being completely different to everyone else's, and an unfortunate inability to recognise faces easily. ETA: I can still enjoy the wrongs on their own terms, though, despite this; and simply don't vote when they all pass me by.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 28, 2020, 04:20:25 PM

No offence taken Blodders, and I was aware that this was a kind of niche entry, with knowledge of not only The Fast Show but also just how shit the most recent Doctor Who season finale was, but I couldn't resist.

greencalx

Oh come on, even I've heard of Dr Who and the Fast Show. The fact I have no memory of either is my fault :)

ZoyzaSorris

I want to understand and I like the images but I don't know anything about doctor who :(

touchingcloth

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on April 28, 2020, 10:48:35 PM
I want to understand and I like the images but I don't know anything about doctor who :(

The first image is Who and team - the Whotenannies - outside Shed Base XIV on the reverse/backwards planet Htrae. Image two references the series 5 Havockening where the team were kidnapped from Shed Town, and the third image even a non-fan can probably get.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on April 28, 2020, 03:24:06 PM
Well it's 12 since the reboot, there were twenty six before that during the classic era.

The reboot being Ecclestone, or something else? I'd always assumed new Who just picked up where the old one left off rather than being a reboot.

Small Man Big Horse

selectivememory

Well, that's the deadline. I won't PM Johnny just yet because he's been active in Wimblewrong threads today, so hopefully he'll have something up soon.

Johnny Yesno