Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:02:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2020 - Round Two - Small Man Big Horse vs Johnny Yesno

Started by Small Man Big Horse, April 26, 2020, 12:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

Sorry SMBH and SM. I'll accept a disqualification if rules is rules.

chveik

again, I didn't get the references, but SMBH's serve is funny regardless.

selectivememory

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on May 01, 2020, 07:46:58 PM
Sorry SMBH and SM. I'll accept a disqualification if rules is rules.

No, don't worry about it. Usually happy to give a 24-hour extension if needed.

Johnny Yesno

selectivememory

Um... difficult one to choose. Don't really know much about Dr Who but I think I get the gist of the serve, and then I really like the Fast Show theme of the remainder of the match.

I think it's Johnny for that first return.

Spoon of Ploff

hmmm

Spoiler alert
SMBH appears to be exorcising some daemons with his shots in this match. And they did make me chuckle and nod in agreement (agrievement??). But it was Johnny's second shot and the 'Oh, bugger.' that had me laugh the loudest.
[close]

Goto go Yesno...  lovely Dr Who angst from SMBG tho.

Ferris

Big Horse for me on the basis of the "tardis" image and introducing the themes. Close one though, the Alf return was very good.

Edit: I'm changing my vote to YesNo

Butchers Blind

Cerys

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

QDRPHNC

Lordofthefiles

alan nagsworth

Deffo Johnny for the last shot. I don't know dick about Doctor Who but I get that one and it's executed the best.

Ian Drunken Smurf

Absorb the anus burn

wasp_f15ting

Crabwalk

Johnny for Alf (and I don't understand any Dr Who references)

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 02, 2020, 12:37:08 PM
Unlucky Alf is fantastic so yesno

Sorry if it's not ok to comment while voting is still open but it's ALF, by the way.

selectivememory

Johnny Yesno wins this one 15-8. Good game both, and thanks for playing SMBH.

Small Man Big Horse

Congrats Johnny, it was a well deserved win as your second was a thing of beauty and I'd definitely have voted for you if I was able to!

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on May 01, 2020, 08:19:30 PM
hmmm

Spoiler alert
SMBH appears to be exorcising some daemons with his shots in this match. And they did make me chuckle and nod in agreement (agrievement??). But it was Johnny's second shot and the 'Oh, bugger.' that had me laugh the loudest.
[close]

You're kind of half right, the first was just meant to be a bit of silliness about what a low budget lockdown version of the show might look like, but the second was definitely a pointed attack about just how shit the season finale was and how fucking awful Chibnall's writing is. Which I thought might be a bit of a niche shot too, but I couldn't help myself such is my disdain for the man!