Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:52:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2020 - Round Two - QDRPHNC vs Pdine

Started by QDRPHNC, April 27, 2020, 01:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDRPHNC

Cerys

It's at times like this that I'm glad not to be playing a match.

wasp_f15ting

BlodwynPig

touchingcloth

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 27, 2020, 07:57:51 AM
Did you draw that yourself?

It's at least partially done from actual Garrison cartoons, but I'm almost more impressed by that than if it were custom drawn - it's an incredible bit of compositing.

selectivememory

It's amazing that we actually haven't had a Garrison-inspired shot before. But that's brilliant. "China" looming out from between two buildings is making me laugh.

Crabwalk

touchingcloth

He cannot fucking draw. I spent ages trying to work out who the person in the EUGENICS poster is - Hillary, Newt Gingrich, Roger Ebert - but I think it's supposed to be Bill Gates. What a pile.

QDRPHNC

Thanks for the nice replies! Everything except the Supercuts and Costco logos are from Garrison cartoons, just stolen recontextualized.

Pdine

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 27, 2020, 10:44:31 AM
He cannot fucking draw. I spent ages trying to work out who the person in the EUGENICS poster is - Hillary, Newt Gingrich, Roger Ebert - but I think it's supposed to be Bill Gates. What a pile.

Yup it's Gates.

Ferris

That's definitely Prue Leith. Garrison was extremely mad when Bake Off moved to Channel 4.

idunnosomename

genuinely could be an actual garrison strip atm

Johnny Yesno

I think you should let that loose on twitter.

gib

Quote from: selectivememory on April 27, 2020, 10:26:04 AM
It's amazing that we actually haven't had a Garrison-inspired shot before. But that's brilliant. "China" looming out from between two buildings is making me laugh.

haha yeah, i do hope the CHINA man features again

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

honestly points just for going through Garrison's shitty, shitty cartoons

Cerys

I didn't think a worthy return was possible.  I was wrong.

QDRPHNC

Cerys

^
ha ha, I had literally just been about to post those exact two words.

BlodwynPig

You must have access to some powerful software

QDRPHNC

I have a special version of Photoshop you can only get in America. It has a gold icon instead of a blue one.

selectivememory

Haha! You've played an absolutely brilliant match. Can't wait to see how Pdine responds.

wasp_f15ting

QD your work has a very lovely aesthetic, warming and peaceful like a nice old fashion in a lonely hotel with some generic saxophone music blaring out in background.

Kryton

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quality stuff. Almost makes me want to put more effort into my shots.

ZoyzaSorris

Shit - I honestly didn't even see this before I did my garrison inspired one :( must be something in the air!