Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:33:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Synchronicity

Started by Cerys, April 28, 2020, 10:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danger Man

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on May 05, 2020, 03:43:29 PM
I was sitting with a friend in the local park one evening last year having a drink and listening to a radio show she had downloaded on her phone when a fox strolled past just as they played a track by John Fox.

Would have been better if John Fox had strolled past.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on May 05, 2020, 06:17:20 PM
Ooooh now that's an interesting concept!  Subjective synchronicity!

Isn't it all subjective? Otherwise it's just an animal walking past some noises.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Danger Man on May 05, 2020, 06:20:45 PM
Would have been better if John Fox had strolled past.

Not really. I said 'Hello John' as it passed by and it looked back at me, which is even more amazing when you think about it.

Tony Tony Tony

Was listening to Absolute 80s when UB40's Red Red Wine wafted over the airwaves. Spookily I was quaffing my second bottle of red red cotes du rhone of the evening at the time. As I passed out I was struck by the synchchronisiyty.... singcronicity...sinchronnishitty... sod it coincidence of it all

ASFTSN

I don't really check CaB much these days but I put on the BOC ETL live album earlier after finishing work and nearly started a thread in Oscillations about how that's an amazing song but decided to just open some General Bullshit threads instead and I opened this one. Synchronicity.

Cerys

Quote from: Cerys on May 07, 2020, 11:53:34 PM
Woohoo!

If only I was listening to Song 2 by Blur right now.
I wasn't though.

seepage

work's shuttle bus driver would play Abba, and he seemed to time it so the verse started just as he accelerated off the slip road onto the Westway.

Classier is Laura Barton describing how Monica Queen's vocal in Lazy Line Painter Jane would begin just as her car went over the crest of a hill. 

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: seepage on May 08, 2020, 08:04:20 AM
work's shuttle bus driver would play Abba, and he seemed to time it so the verse started just as he accelerated off the slip road onto the Westway.

Ahhh but which ABBA track? Given the traffic on the Westway I would guess 'Andante Andante'?

I think we should be told.

seepage

sorry, half asleep. Mamma Mia

Jockice

I woke up early this morning, so picked my phone up just to check the time. Just as I did this it rang. It was my friend Kim - who had done it by accident. I mean she's a bit eccentric but she's never called me up at 6.19am before.

Still, could be worse. An acquaintance of mine (I can't really call him a mate because I haven't seen him for at least a quarter of a century, plus he holds some dodgy political views) rang me at 3.28am a few weeks ago. It turned out he'd fallen asleep with his tablet on and had somehow rolled over onto my mobile number - the one he's never used before. I last spoke to him about a decade ago when he rang me at work about some dodgy political thing that I politely expressed interest in while knowing that under no circumstances would the paper cover it.

Anyway, morning everyone.

NoSleep

I was up this morning, too!

Cerys

According to your username you're always up.  Fnarr