Author Topic: Deadly Premonition 2 on Switch  (Read 834 times)

Mister Six

• Ridiculously teacakes
Deadly Premonition 2 on Switch
« on: April 28, 2020, 11:36:01 PM »
That Twin Peaks knock-off you like is going to come back in style.

Trailer here - looks like it'll be ripping off True Detective this time too.

Absurdly excited. I love Agent York and his janky, barely functional game world. Didn't finish the original before my 360 packed in, so I hope they'll convert the original to Switch too.

madhair60

• カッコイイ
  • Golden Member
  • バカ
    • Comics, videos, podcasts, writing, etc
Re: Deadly Premonition 2 on Switch
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 12:01:52 AM »
the original came out on Switch ages ago mate

Mister Six

• Ridiculously teacakes
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 12:09:14 AM »
WHAAAAAAAA?!

BEST QUARANTINE EVER!

Just got to wrest control off my wife in-between Animal Crossing stretches.

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 02:43:21 AM »
Would love to play that mess using motion controls!

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 03:31:23 AM »
Thanks for the reminder - I've had the original on my Switch wishlist since it was announced and see it's half price at the moment. Will give it a go.

Mister Six

• Ridiculously teacakes
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2020, 07:28:23 PM »
Just playing it again, and good lord I'd forgotten how shite the driving is in this. Impossible to turn a corner without overcompensating and zig-zagging like Gazza on the dodgems. Syphilis-class simulation. Can't believe anyone has ever bothered with the racing minigames.

The world and characters are so bloody likeable and compelling though. And I love how videogamey it is. Pick up a five-foot floating medal so the FBI will pay me $10 for "Agent Honor"? All right then.

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2020, 07:30:40 PM »
Bought this cos it's on sale at the mo. Not sure if it'll be my thing but always had some curiosity.

Mister Six

• Ridiculously teacakes
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 02:16:01 PM »
Absolutely loving Deadly Premonition 1 now. I've even got good enough at the shitty driving that I won the three races without too much hassle. It's just such a joy meeting all these weirdos and poking around in their lives, and now I have the wrench, combat is done and dusted incredibly quickly. Really hoping DP2 keeps combat to a minimum and expands on the investigative/exploration/puzzle-solving element. Oh, and fixes the fucking map so it doesn't rotate around the character!

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

• In France we call it le bellend
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2020, 06:39:08 PM »
When I was playing Deadly Premonition on the 360 I found that printing out this map was incredibly useful:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/xbox360/943397-deadly-premonition/map/7557-greenvale-map

Mister Six

• Ridiculously teacakes
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2020, 07:25:41 PM »
Lovely, thanks!

Is there any point buying a car? The rozzermobiles are serving me well enough.

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2020, 04:02:32 AM »
At the risk of resurrecting a dead thread, just finished this recently on Switch and loved every terrible minute. God only knows what the kids who played this without having seen Twin Peaks must have thought of it all - as much as it ends up diverging from TP, the entire setting and vibe - everything that excuses and enhances the jankiness of it all - is lifted wholesale.

Is there any point buying a car? The rozzermobiles are serving me well enough.

Yeah I reckon. Ushah's car is a good choice for speed and handling, much more pleasant than the standard ride. Still not great though haha

Not sure how I feel about the sequel, but I think I'll just do what I did with the first one and wait for a steep discount down the track.

Mister Six

• Ridiculously teacakes
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2020, 07:45:49 AM »
Well more resting than dead, I hope, since DP2 isn't out yet.

Been giving it a rest for a while but I'll get back into it soon. Really gunning to do every side quest, but it's a pain in the arse sometimes, trying to figure out the exact time to call in on Ushah to pick up his mission, and that kind of thing.

Tags: