Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,478
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:39:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Junk food consumed in quarantine

Started by Blue Jam, April 29, 2020, 02:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hand Solo

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 29, 2020, 12:06:56 AM
I've had them I think. The flavour's ok but the riciness makes them simultaneously a bit bland. A bit like oatcakes it's a powerful flavour attenuator.

Yeah, they were much blander and that makes sense as well, that's what you do with curry isn't it? You control how strong the flavour or spiciness when eating by rationing how much rice vs curry you put on the fork/spoon. So having the foodstuff actually made from rice is going to inherently do that.

Hand Solo

On the weekend I cycled about 10 miles to another Co-Op and found right at the back the last of their Limited Edition Katsu Curry crisps, 2 packets. Gone now as I tend to go at them while having a few beers. I managed to find those Walkers Yo!Katsu ones, they're similarly bland to the Pringles, I'd say actually worse than the Pringles.

Fuck knows what I'm going to do for my Katsu crisps fix now.

Sebastian Cobb

I made loads of mexican shredded chicken so am basically living on quesadilla until it runs out.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 04, 2020, 09:52:00 AM
I made loads of mexican shredded chicken so am basically living on quesadilla until it runs out.

That's the fucking best. Used to do it with pork shoulder from a place near me, then eat shredded pork in a million different guises for a week

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Been having these in my lunches, they're perfectly deece. Haven tried any of their other flavours though

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 04, 2020, 03:53:06 PM
That's the fucking best. Used to do it with pork shoulder from a place near me, then eat shredded pork in a million different guises for a week

Yeah having it ready made on demand but I reckon queasdilla is the perfect mechanism, grate some cheese then slap it in a skillet for a few minutes, done!

It'll work just as well with refried beans, which is both less effort, and less meaty.

DrGreggles

Gyros man is now on Deliveroo.

Getting fatter by the day!

Blue Jam

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on September 04, 2020, 06:37:18 PM
Been having these in my lunches, they're perfectly deece. Haven tried any of their other flavours though

Ever tried the Mini Cheddar Crinklins? I'm not sure they even exist anymore but the cheese and onion ones were great and the salt and vinegar ones were fucking magical. Think I last had them well over a decade ago so I'm guessing they are long gone.

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 04, 2020, 08:59:47 PM
Ever tried the Mini Cheddar Crinklins? I'm not sure they even exist anymore but the cheese and onion ones were great and the salt and vinegar ones were fucking magical. Think I last had them well over a decade ago so I'm guessing they are long gone.

Deffo still available. The cheese and onion are class leaders of the flavour.

I had a chippy tea twice twice this week.

ElTwopo

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 04, 2020, 08:59:47 PM

They're just called Crinklys now: https://www.jacobs.co.uk/products/crinklys/

And they are still bloody fuckin' brill.

Fr.Bigley

Every flavour of Higgedy quiche from the discount aisle of Waitrose. 6 quiche for the nominal price of....three English pounds. Delightful. the poppy seeds in the crust means I'll fail the smack test at work....that's my excuse anyway.

Sebastian Cobb

Nice, I reckon I'd have gone for 6 lorraine though.

Gurke and Hare

I still can't find the honeycomb one of those new Cadbury's bars - the stand in Sainsbury's is choc(k) full of the coconut one, because who the fuck wants coconut in their chocolate? Not the smart people of Lewisham, evidently.

Blue Jam

The blood orange ones of these:

https://mcvities.co.uk/products/vibs

Oh my god... Saino's have them all for £1 a packet atm. I really must try the hazelnut ones next.

Gurke and Hare

Yeah, they look great. Are the classic caramel ones any different from the chocolate caramel digestives they already do (which are great) though?

Blue Jam

Not tried those, but the blood orange ones have the exact same texture with a bit of orange flavouring. I think they might have a bit more caramel than the originals though. Just wait until I get through the entire range, which I will, and I will report back.

Gurke and Hare

I could wait, or I could just go to Sainsbury's tomorrow.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Kettle chips soy ginger and chilli

Fucking fantastic crisps

Blue Jam

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on September 16, 2020, 11:40:49 PM
I could wait, or I could just go to Sainsbury's tomorrow.

Please do, and please post your detailed reviews here.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

After working from home all summer I can now rank all four ice-cream vans in the area from best to worst.

Blue Jam

All the ice cream vans in my area just do that Mr Whippy-type stuff I don't like. Would love one of those Del Monte orange lollies. They taste more orangey than actual oranges and probably count as at least two of your five-a-day.

Just had an Aero chocolate mousse. 93 calories! They're also dead filling despite being about 90% air so they're a health food too, probably.

I'm doing junk food all wrong.

Sebastian Cobb

I've not heard any ice cream vans all summer, yet they were circling round in winter.

Glasgow, that.

Chollis

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 21, 2020, 08:12:15 PM
All the ice cream vans in my area just do that Mr Whippy-type stuff I don't like. Would love one of those Del Monte orange lollies. They taste more orangey than actual oranges and probably count as at least two of your five-a-day.

Just had an Aero chocolate mousse. 93 calories! They're also dead filling despite being about 90% air so they're a health food too, probably.

I'm doing junk food all wrong.

Del Monte lollies are so legit. The raspberry smoothie one is lovely

Fr.Bigley

Rowntrees watermelon lollies are dangerously addictive, my old lady bought 3 boxes for  fiver and I ate the fucking lot. seriously lads, just one toot and you're giving handjobs for more.

Blue Jam

I like the design of those. Fortunately I hate the taste of watermelon so I'm safe.

Wish I could find somewhere that sold Fabs. Had a box a few months ago and can't remember where I got it now.

Just enjoyed an M&S pork pie with loads of Salad Cream.  Lovely.

SpiderChrist

Jude's Vegan Salted Caramel Ice Cream

Swedish Glace Smooth Vanilla Ice Cream Lollies

Marmite Crisps

kilgore

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 22, 2020, 03:07:40 PM
Wish I could find somewhere that sold Fabs. Had a box a few months ago and can't remember where I got it now.

Often seen in my local Co-op, but I think they're slightly smaller than Street Fabs.

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 22, 2020, 03:07:40 PM
I like the design of those. Fortunately I hate the taste of watermelon so I'm safe.

Morrisons have them on offer right now.