Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:32:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Junk food consumed in quarantine

Started by Blue Jam, April 29, 2020, 02:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTC

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on October 24, 2020, 06:20:27 PM
ordered a local takeaway yesterday because i hadnt ate for days
mate why are their pizzas always the exact same pizza and its always this thick nasty quiche-like rug thing after the second slice youre done and move on to the chips

Over the last few months I have sampled the pizzas from my area as my previous favourite has shut down for refurbishment and is also under new ownership.

One I really liked but when I got it the second time they got the order wrong and sent me a pizza with just mushrooms on.

The other places I've ordered from have all been different but rubbish for different reasons. Thick crust? Fuck off. Garlic bread which doesn't taste of garlic? Fuck off. Small amount of cheese/topping with huge gap between the cheese and the edge of the pizza leaving a huge flat crust? Fuck off. Back to the mushroom only place when I order my next takeaway in two weeks.

itsfredtitmus

OH FUCK DOES ANYONES PIZZA PLACE PUT THE FUCKING TOPPINGS (LIKE MUSHROOMS, MEAT) UNDER THE PIZZA FUCK OFF

DrGreggles

Hungover, so I'm bingeing on pretend Nando's.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on October 24, 2020, 07:01:46 PM
About to make a chocolate and Baileys milkshake.

Diabetes here I come.

I've been making Black Forest gateau smoothies with Tesco frozen black cherries and Sainsbury's chocolate milk, plus a bit of oat bran for texture and added fibre. I was using Slimfast shakes until I realised they contain more calories and Saino's chocolate milk is 1% fat and 90p a carton. Not sure something containing one of your five-a-day really counts as junk food though.

I also made pizzas last night but they were also vaguely healthy, I had pineapple on mine like a deviant. I always put olive oil in the dough but my pizzas never come out greasy like Domino's pizzas. What the hell do they put in them?

Blue Jam

Quote from: DrGreggles on October 24, 2020, 09:55:07 PM
Hungover, so I'm bingeing on pretend Nando's.

I attempted to eat at a real Nando's a few weeks ago only to discover they had a reduced menu minus the Mozam Wrap I had been craving, and also minus the butternut squash/spinach/feta and sweet potato mash sides I had been pondering for my choice of side. Also you now have to register online to get a table and they text you when you can come in so I thought "fuck that". I probably would have gone in to find the frozen yogurt machine was out of order too.

We have a branch of Black Rooster Peri-Peri but I don't want to go there for a fake Nando's. It's decorated with those rectangular white tiles with bevelled edges that you get in posh pubs but there are loads of them all over the gaff so they give the effect of people eating in a great big public toilet. Also they don't do booze.

Sebastian Cobb

Nearly time of year for hot buttered rum. Get in.

Menu

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 25, 2020, 01:20:23 PM
I've been making Black Forest gateau smoothies with Tesco frozen black cherries and Sainsbury's chocolate milk, plus a bit of oat bran for texture and added fibre. I was using Slimfast shakes until I realised they contain more calories and Saino's chocolate milk is 1% fat and 90p a carton. Not sure something containing one of your five-a-day really counts as junk food though.

I also made pizzas last night but they were also vaguely healthy, I had pineapple on mine like a deviant. I always put olive oil in the dough but my pizzas never come out greasy like Domino's pizzas. What the hell do they put in them?

Isn't 1% fat a bit of a misnomer though? Instead of fat they just put sugar in. It's far healthier to have fat than sugar.

Blue Jam

Still fewer calories because Slimfast is intended as a meal replacement.

The real draw is it being 90p per litre as opposed to £2.40 per 330ml bottle.

Menu

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 25, 2020, 07:00:36 PM
Still fewer calories because Slimfast is intended as a meal replacement.

The real draw is it being 90p per litre as opposed to £2.40 per 330ml bottle.

Fair enough.

Blue Jam

Cookies'n'Cream flavour Slimfast is bloody lovely with black cherries in it though. That Carb Killer GRENADE protein shake works well in smoothies too. Probably because it contains actual cream.

Might chuck a bit of Baileys in there at Christmas. Aye-aye, Christmas smoothie.

Blue Jam

Sorry, did I say "Baileys"? I meant "Irish Knights":

https://www.drinksandco.co.uk/liquors-and-creams/irish-knights-cream-1l

QuoteIn old Ireland, the Irish knights used to offer refuge, food and drinks to the tired travelers.

I BELIEVE IN THE IRISH KNIGHTS.

canadagoose

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 25, 2020, 07:35:19 PM
Sorry, did I say "Baileys"? I meant "Irish Knights":

https://www.drinksandco.co.uk/liquors-and-creams/irish-knights-cream-1l

I BELIEVE IN THE IRISH KNIGHTS.
Just saw this and decided to amend my online shopping for tomorrow. Couldn't find Irish Knights but I found this. Sadly I have no milkshake mix but I do have some nice protein mix from a while back that I could stick it in.

Edit: just realised through incognito mode that it's £3.85 in England and NI and £5.08 in Scotland and Wales. Scandalous.

Dex Sawash

Wife got some Bombay Spice Crunchy Chickpeas today. I have to go get a replacement bag now.

Blue Jam

Quote from: canadagoose on October 25, 2020, 11:00:48 PM
Just saw this and decided to amend my online shopping for tomorrow. Couldn't find Irish Knights but I found this. Sadly I have no milkshake mix but I do have some nice protein mix from a while back that I could stick it in.

Edit: just realised through incognito mode that it's £3.85 in England and NI and £5.08 in Scotland and Wales. Scandalous.

Alcohol unit minimum pricing? Do Wales have it too?

Not sure about O'Connor's, looks like that's got wine instead of Irish whiskey in it. Irish Knights used to be sold at Iceland, not been in an Iceland for years but might have to find one now.

All knock-off Baileys tastes like Baileys. It's just cream and Irish whiskey and a tiny bit of cocoa, it's hard to fuck that up.

Sebastian Cobb

Have any of you seen what happens when you put it in a soda stream?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oUJ27q0noU

This reminds me of the scientists in the Fast Show.

frajer

I've been finding those new flavours Mini Cheddars lethal, especially the Nacho Cheese & Jalapeno ones. The 6 individual bags might as well be one big nosebag.

NattyDread 2

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 26, 2020, 11:37:13 AM

Not sure about O'Connor's, looks like that's got wine instead of Irish whiskey in it. Irish Knights used to be sold at Iceland, not been in an Iceland for years but might have to find one now.

All knock-off Baileys tastes like Baileys. It's just cream and Irish whiskey and a tiny bit of cocoa, it's hard to fuck that up.

We had an Aldi or Lidl (can't remember which) Baileys last year and it was definitely inferior. Only a bit though. It was thinner and tasted like it used slightly rougher whisky.

itsfredtitmus

had 6 pieces of toast this morning
not gonna eat for rest of day

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on October 26, 2020, 03:44:48 PM
had 6 pieces of toast this morning
not gonna eat for rest of day

I did something similar the other day, throwing a gale and pissing it down so instead of going out, resorted to 2 slices of toast with Marmite, 2 with peanut butter and 1 with raspberry jam. Felt wheat bound for a few days I can tell you.

canadagoose

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 26, 2020, 11:37:13 AM

Apparently they've had it since March this year: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51674263

Anyway, they didn't have any in stock so I still haven't got any. Boo. I'm going to the Tesco Express to see if they've got any instead. There is an Iceland on Easter Road that I think is my nearest, so I might have a nose sometime soon - bit of a pain getting stuff back on the bus, mind.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: frajer on October 26, 2020, 12:11:08 PM
I've been finding those new flavours Mini Cheddars lethal, especially the Nacho Cheese & Jalapeno ones. The 6 individual bags might as well be one big nosebag.

Agreed, the chilli and lime ones have not quite enough flavour but just enough to be pretty tasty, so the upshot is that in order to get a satisfactory hit you pummel them through your face like chunks of salt jumping into a council gritter on a reversed film.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 26, 2020, 11:39:16 AM
Have any of you seen what happens when you put it in a soda stream?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oUJ27q0noU

This reminds me of the scientists in the Fast Show.
Quality

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on October 26, 2020, 03:50:46 PM
I did something similar the other day, throwing a gale and pissing it down so instead of going out, resorted to 2 slices of toast with Marmite, 2 with peanut butter and 1 with raspberry jam. Felt wheat bound for a few days I can tell you.
sounds heavenly
was some mini sized light loaf so i feel less guilty

itsfredtitmus

cant stop drinking milk nourishment every few hours like its water
into tha la hahahha sound

itsfredtitmus

drinking one now

hahahah got any ket there la

Head Gardener

Captain Crunch

39p!  Get out of it, 19p in Home Bargains.

Blue Jam

Went to M&S the other day with the intention of picking up some Cornish Cruncher with balsamic onion. None on the shelves, my nearest branch doesn't stock it anymore.

Could someone please tell me if it is still being made or if M&S have discontinued it? This is important, that stuff is the dairy equivalent of crack. Ta.

imitationleather

Pretty sure I saw it in my local M&S yesterday.

Actually I only saw the words "Cornish Cruncher". Dunno if it had balsamic onion.